FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Update: pizza was delicious but it’s a stupid way to make pizza. Took about 20 minutes so I spent over an hour making enough. I could get another stone and go twice as fast but I think I’ll just stick to the oven - I out the last one in the oven and it was basically the same but without the hassle.

Love these.
These are the only chips i eat.
Not too bad, one bag equals about 6 glazed donuts.

20240705_125141.jpg

I'm a Marco's pizza fan, but their new spicy cheese sausage and peppers might be the worst pizza i've ever had. The cheese makes the pizza mushy and offputting, and I generally hate undercooked peppers and onions on pizza. Made me kinda nauseous.

Gonna be in DC for 1 night in a few weeks. Any good dinner spots near the Nationals stadium worth checking out?

I'm a Marco's pizza fan, but their new spicy cheese sausage and peppers might be the worst pizza i've ever had. The cheese makes the pizza mushy and offputting, and I generally hate undercooked peppers and onions on pizza. Made me kinda nauseous.

What do you usually get from there.

Very unplanned date day this evening. I went crazy at this steak house and ordered some stuff I’d never had before and for the price I probably never will again lol

Steak Tartare
E004545E-AB17-408F-8279-E6711FB76CE3.jpeg

Waygu Bone Marrow
767CFF86-18F2-45EA-8032-E0A03BF63CAD.jpeg

Takamori Japanese Waygu ( I cut this steak with my fork!! )
A8496E80-FBC5-42E3-86B8-0EFE8BE85DD7.jpeg

4CB980E9-6CE0-4111-9CAE-C9DFCD111098.jpeg

Wife’s 16oz Australian ribeye
19359104-FC26-495A-AD27-E575C001C3EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Surprise brunch this morning. It’s a nice day and I’d already been out with the dog. Had a voucher for this place so called them and they had a table in 30 minutes which is just enough time to get there.

Really good - most of us had the Mexi-skillet - basically hash browns and sausage all with guac and sour cream and stuff. You only get one egg but 2 of my kids didn’t want theirs so I got extra.

IMG_0684.jpeg

Coffee is delicious too - they get it from a place that roasts it right along the road.

Surprise brunch this morning. It’s a nice day and I’d already been out with the dog. Had a voucher for this place so called them and they had a table in 30 minutes which is just enough time to get there.

Really good - most of us had the Mexi-skillet - basically hash browns and sausage all with guac and sour cream and stuff. You only get one egg but 2 of my kids didn’t want theirs so I got extra.

IMG_0684.jpeg

Coffee is delicious too - they get it from a place that roasts it right along the road.

Your post made me hungry :lol: Start your day off right, boys. 🌶️🍛🥐🍳. Treat yourselves.
7133243-JONic-WZ7.jpg

I live in southern Illinois and there are multiple places that serve dogs exactly like that.
"Yeah but they probably don't have..."
Yes they do; I said EXACTLY.
I'd have counted southern Illinois in my overly-broad map of "Chicago dogs” anyway.

You want to know whats funny? For about two years, Sonic, (yes, that Sonic), drive-ins offered a pretty damn close facsimile of the above dog. They actually put some heart into it for a fast food restaurant, and did it right. And, off course, they dropped it.

Back
Top Bottom