FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_6723.jpeg

Some hot chicken at Slappin Chick in Hicksville, Long Island NY earlier. I meant to try their Slappin Mac bowl & banana pudding but there'll be plenty of Mac & desserts tomorrow so decided to stick with the tenders. Just as good as it was last month. Their slappin seasoning juicy tenders are heavenly. We love this joint.
20231122_172511.jpg
20231122_173629.jpg
20231122_174513.jpg
20231122_173642.jpg

Did another turkey... Don't mind the black bits underneath. It was celery, onion, carrots and thyme that was roasted to oblivion. This one might have come out better than the last one to me. The best compliment will be people who don't ever like Thanksgiving turkey who like it. And I redeemed my last gravy. I couldn't get the roux ratio just right so I had to use a cornstarch slurry and it wasn't as good... This one came out perfect

1000005100.jpg

We talk about it every year :lol:

Think it’s fair to say that A LOT of folks grew up eating turkeys that weren’t prepared well at all.

No brines, no injections, only one method of cooking, etc.

And they’ve just come to the conclusion that turkey isn’t good.

holy voodoo is the goods. been using holy gospel a lot lately.
I need to try those...I got the honey one, but I didn't like it too much. Have you tried Kosmo-Q rubs? I got hot dirty bird and it is really good

I need to try those...I got the honey one, but I didn't like it too much. Have you tried Kosmo-Q rubs? I got hot dirty bird and it is really good
i haven’t got around to that brand. holy gospel is amazing, i have hot honey and it’s too sweet for me. i usually mix it with a lot of black pepper.

We talk about it every year :lol:

Think it’s fair to say that A LOT of folks grew up eating turkeys that weren’t prepared well at all.

No brines, no injections, only one method of cooking, etc.

And they’ve just come to the conclusion that turkey isn’t good.

Yeah, that was me growing up - my mom used to buy this block of white meat thing (they're still popular here) blast it in the oven then serve it cold. Apparently the hot gravy was all you needed.

Until about 5 years ago when I brought a smoked turkey and now I get asked every year. The comments are always about how they never realised that turkey wasn’t supposed to be dry…

Back
Top Bottom