FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Especially as thick and uncooked as those look. Even then, somehow, strangely every once in a while i'll crave one of those supreme pizzas.

Lamb curry, palak, and basmati

20231003_210521.jpg

20231003_214928.jpg
20231003_214937.jpg

I'd eat all of that up dolo :pimp::pimp:

I jerk the peel every now and then to get it to slide around but then I know I’m done for once it stop moving and I already have my toppings on it. Now I’m committed to it and try my best to get it to off the peel and on the pizza stone while in the oven. The best one had a ton of flour on the bottom it slid off with ease but the eating experience was ruined by all the flour on the bottom.

I made sure my work surface was dry and the dough ball had flour all over it. Going to make sure next time the bottom of the dough have more flour like you said before putting it on the peel.

One benefit of the perforated peel is it allows excess flour to escape

I know what you mean once committed. I've made the mistake more than once of trying my luck when I was unsure of a clean release and ended up with a calzone (and mess on the pizza stone)

But yeah I'd say focus on really pressing the bottom into flour during the initial forming of the pizza. From there you can pretty much finish shaping with almost no flour (with just a light dusting on the peel)

I would like to start getting into more of a NY style pizza and will probably start incorporating semolina into the process

Idk if it’s just a west coast thing but I have a few near me. Out of all the pizza places near me it’s probably the most expensive up there with Mountain Michael’s.

I will say it’s one of the top chains in my area but I never order it.

Round Table was the best when I was younger but their quality fell off.

If I'm ordering fast food pizza I can only tolerate Fresh Brothers these days :lol:

Now if only Taco Bell would allow you to order 3 days of tacos out of your 30 day taco pass.

It would still be the same & you get to have a full meal. Giving up those other days from the pass.

Like instead of 1 per day, let me have 3 for the next 3 days now. :lol:

Same 💩.

One benefit of the perforated peel is it allows excess flour to escape

I know what you mean once committed. I've made the mistake more than once of trying my luck when I was unsure of a clean release and ended up with a calzone (and mess on the pizza stone)

But yeah I'd say focus on really pressing the bottom into flour during the initial forming of the pizza. From there you can pretty much finish shaping with almost no flour (with just a light dusting on the peel)

I would like to start getting into more of a NY style pizza and will probably start incorporating semolina into the process
Really solid tips. Should have went with perforated. I think I thought dough might cling to the holes. LMAO at ending up with a calzone. Worst feeling ever. My oxtail pizza did that and I tried my best to rebuild it in the oven hence why one section have barely any cheese or oxtail.

What cheese or cheese blend do you use. I found a cheese called Grande - it tastes just like NY pizza cheese and the company only sell to businesses so I’m assuming it’s the same cheese my mom and pop shops use.

Mos
Really solid tips. Should have went with perforated. I think I thought dough might cling to the holes. LMAO at ending up with a calzone. Worst feeling ever. My oxtail pizza did that and I tried my best to rebuild it in the oven hence why one section have barely any cheese or oxtail.

What cheese or cheese blend do you use. I found a cheese called Grande - it tastes just like NY pizza cheese and the company only sell to businesses so I’m assuming it’s the same cheese my mom and pop shops use.
Most places on the east coast use grande, Galbani, and a few other brands I can’t think of right now. Check any restaurant supply stores by you, you might be able to find some there. Could get any equipment you need there too

Select Subway Restaurants: Buy One Footlong Sub, Get One Footlong Sub -

@jape @zmaqbool

I will NEVER eat subway ever again. Tried it cause of this deal & new sandwiches in the commercials about freshly sliced meats.

It’s not actually freshly sliced per sandwich order. They slice the days’ supply of meats in the morning. :stoneface: Maybe for the week, who knows. Probably even a dummy slicer on the table behind. :lol:

Patrick Mahomes, Steph Curry & Jason Tatum need to drop that endorsement.

It’s gross.

I've experimented with both fresh and low moisture mozzarellas. Low moisture is definitely easier to work with

I usually end up with whatever whole fat mozz is at the grocery store and add in a sprinkle of fresh grated parm

Idk if it’s just a west coast thing but I have a few near me. Out of all the pizza places near me it’s probably the most expensive up there with Mountain Michael’s.

I will say it’s one of the top chains in my area but I never order it.

Round table was the GOAT. Only ever saw them in NorCal. Don’t think they’re still around.

Back
Top Bottom