FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Oxtail pizza. Still trying to get the hang of using a pizza peel.

IMG_3353.jpeg

dusting it with some flour can help. or ive seen people use corn meal. really will help the dough slide off

Pizza I made last night I went overboard with the flour so today I scaled back. Need to find the sweet spot. Not a fan of corn meal on the bottom.

yeah i'm with you, whenever i've had to use the flour it's been tough finding just the right amount :lol:

At my job we use a wooden peel with semolina flour to put it in the oven and then a metal one to take them out
Was thinking if I made the wrong decision getting a metal peel over a wooden one. Might get a wooden one.

Oxtail pizza. Still trying to get the hang of using a pizza peel.

I've been using a metal perforated peel. There was (and still is) a definite learning curve. Keeping the dough moving once on the peel with a few shakes is key. You can tell pretty quickly when it's not going to release

I've not found a way around a good dusting of flour on the side of the dough that will come in contact with the peel. I try to be sparing as possible, while also making sure there are no wet spots (I usee 00 flour which is also what I use for the dough)

Been wanting to get a nice wooden peel for building/launching. Wood does seem like it would be less prone to sticking

I've been using a metal perforated peel. There was (and still is) a definite learning curve. Keeping the dough moving once on the peel with a few shakes is key. You can tell pretty quickly when it's not going to release

I've not found a way around a good dusting of flour on the side of the dough that will come in contact with the peel. I try to be sparing as possible, while also making sure there are no wet spots (I usee 00 flour which is also what I use for the dough)

Been wanting to get a nice wooden peel for building/launching. Wood does seem like it would be less prone to sticking
I jerk the peel every now and then to get it to slide around but then I know I’m done for once it stop moving and I already have my toppings on it. Now I’m committed to it and try my best to get it to off the peel and on the pizza stone while in the oven. The best one had a ton of flour on the bottom it slid off with ease but the eating experience was ruined by all the flour on the bottom.

I made sure my work surface was dry and the dough ball had flour all over it. Going to make sure next time the bottom of the dough have more flour like you said before putting it on the peel.

The he'll is a round table

Has anyone posted one?
Idk if it’s just a west coast thing but I have a few near me. Out of all the pizza places near me it’s probably the most expensive up there with Mountain Michael’s.

I will say it’s one of the top chains in my area but I never order it.

agreed on Round Table being a solid chain in CA but its too expensive for what it is
Yep it’s that spot that work will order to use up the budget, and you’re excited to see it show up. But will never order for home use.

even Mountain Michael’s we order maybe once every couple months just to have some pizza at home. It’s good but also expensive.

Back
Top Bottom