FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I :emoji_hearts: beef keema it's 1 of my top 5 desi foods. Chicken is good too but beef just hits different. Yeah you can always use the grinder to make it more minced, we always just have our butcher run it through the machine at the shop so its texture is ready to go when cooking. I don't know about regular American shops but just about all desi grocery shops offer that which is great.

Did your dad ever do the whole green pepper twist on his keema? My mother back in the day would cook the keema & than cut open & gut out the green bell pepper add the keema into it than close it up with thread & bake it. When I tell you that was 1 of the greatest most delicious foods I've ever eaten- heavenly...ahh the memories. It looked something like this when done. I don't know why desi but mainly Paki restaurants don't offer this variant on keema dishes.

1695236583420.png

1695236660965.png

never! might need to request this :lol:

Some made at home chicken keema for lunch. Perfect timing as I happen to have hero rolls laying around. It hit the spot.
20230920_131615.jpg
20230920_143834.jpg

Dead *** bro…I’m in a meeting and I scrolled past the username, saw the pic and my immediate thought was “this dude really only eats orange food, doesn’t he?” then I went back and saw it was you :lol:

That looks good as hell. Roll looking nice too :smokin

never! might need to request this :lol:
I remember you mentioning your pops & mama dukes be cooking at home so I'm sure they can pull this off. I highly recommend you guys give it a shot. You guys will love it! Post pics if you go through with it 👍 . You know looking back at it now I see that not too many people even know about stuffed keema peppers in desi households...maybe my mother was ahead of her time :lol:. God rest her soul she was an amazing mother & phenomenal cook.

Oh btw, have you tallied your slice count lately? Not that it matters anymore, lol, but wondering how close you are to the big 100.
Dead *** bro…I’m in a meeting and I scrolled past the username, saw the pic and my immediate thought was “this dude really only eats orange food, doesn’t he?” then I went back and saw it was you :lol:

That looks good as hell. Roll looking nice too :smokin
:rofl:Nah I'm not Mr. 50 Shades of Orange, I'm Z, lol. Yes, it was delish & the bread was supermarket bought but still on the soft side.

My guy DSA disclosing forwarding looking statements into the next quarter like a publicly traded company :wow: :nthat:

100 slices in ~4 months is impressive as hell. Annualized to 300 and that is before the big trip back home. You could probably do 365 (366 next year) for an average of 1-per-day

My guy DSA disclosing forwarding looking statements into the next quarter like a publicly traded company :wow: :nthat:

100 slices in ~4 months is impressive as hell. Annualized to 300 and that is before the big trip back home. You could probably do 365 (366 next year) for an average of 1-per-day

the number itself is surprising to me for sure but on my mother, i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. i just like pizza a lot and typically set aside one day between Fri-Sun to get pizza most weeks. and then on trips it's usually a go to as i like checking out new spots. def eye opening to see the numbers and making me wonder if i should eat it less. wonder only though, i won't eat less :lol:

Last edited:
I :emoji_hearts: beef keema it's 1 of my top 5 desi foods. Chicken is good too but beef just hits different. Yeah you can always use the grinder to make it more minced, we always just have our butcher run it through the machine at the shop so its texture is ready to go when cooking. I don't know about regular American shops but just about all desi grocery shops offer that which is great.

Did your dad ever do the whole green pepper twist on his keema? My mother back in the day would cook the keema & than cut open & gut out the green bell pepper add the keema into it than close it up with thread & bake it. When I tell you that was 1 of the greatest most delicious foods I've ever eaten- heavenly...ahh the memories. It looked something like this when done. I don't know why desi but mainly Paki restaurants don't offer this variant on keema dishes.

1695236583420.png

1695236660965.png
This basically dolmeh/dolma

Is buying frozen fruit unacceptable? Just not the same?
I don't mind em. I usually end up doing what jape jape said though, when something's on sale I'll buy a bunch. Seperate some to freeze for smoothies and keep some in the fridge.

Flipp app ftw also

costco has a great bag of frozen berries they sell. i usually grab a couple each month for smoothies

Nah I think you need to refer to the thread money baggs himself, Mr Ford aka Mr Copenhagen aka eating Banzai trees for dessert

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford is lowkey ruining it for current non-engaged guys out here by raising the bar with the multi-country Euro engagement + numerous dinners in different countries.

Engagement Expectations rising faster than lunch prices |l

Back
Top Bottom