FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Im still hungry. Lifted and fasted before this. Not as much meat as I was anticipating (pause).

20230802_200957.jpg

Supporting his local coal fired pizzerias

Apparently it's from legislation passed in 2016. Businesses were supposed to comply by 2020 and enforcement got delayed due to COVID. It's only receiving attention now because of a NYPost article (go figure)

The one way it does make sense (and maybe it's the reason for the legislation to begin with) is to improve air quality for lose living directly next to these coal exhaust stacks. On more of a macro-level it's pretty meaningless

Not true. The emissions restriction devices are at the exhaust level prior to it venting to atmosphere. Has no effect on what's going on inside the oven
I had no idea the legislation was passed in 2016 till you mentioned it. I'm reading it's some $20,000 air filtration system some 10 pizzerias need to install. Living next to a coal exhaust stack can get annoying so I get that.

In this same article a owner of an effected pizzeria said “This is an unfunded mandate and it’s going to cost us a fortune not to mention ruining the taste of the pizza totally destroying the product,” the restaurateur, who has a coal-fired oven, fumed.
“If you f—k around with the temperature in the oven you change the taste. That pipe, that chimney, it’s that size to create the perfect updraft, keeps the temp perfect, it’s an art as much as a science. You take away the char, the thing that makes the pizza taste great, you kill it,” he claimed.

“And for what? You really think that you’re changing the environment with these eight or nine pizza ovens?!” the restaurateur added.

Someone else said that it doesn't effect the end product so who should we believe? To me, it makes sense that if you mess with what's going inside the oven & it's temperature than no way can it taste the same as before. Temps control a lot in cooking & food in general. It's a silly change, imo. How much pollutants do 8-10 pizza ovens produce in a city as big as NYC? The politicians & officials behind this "environment friendly" change are the same people flying on private jets & having lavish vacations. Got to ask yourself what's the point really?
Any proof of this? Side by side video?
I'm digging deeper. More info should be out there as it seems the city is pretty serious about enforcing the changes.

A burrito bowl can't be counted since there is such a high variation in content volume.

Some of yall get CHicken, Rice, and Cheese and call it a bowl.

But the thought of converting tacos/burritos is funny as hell.

jape jape
burrito bowl doesn’t even make sense
it’s just a bowl

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4331.jpeg

IMG_4350.jpeg

Omakase is not worth it in America imo, even at Michelin ones here in the US. Prices are so inflated and quality + skills isn’t anywhere near what you can get in Japan. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good, but knowing it’s cheaper and better in Japan can’t make me justify it.

But if you don’t care about going to Japan for sushi and blowing hella $, then go right ahead. It’ll be worth it for you.

This place was “715” in Los Angeles

Back
Top Bottom