FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I love brussel sprouts but not everyone knows how to make it. Same with asparagus. My wife seasoned them, put some oil and bacon and threw em on a pan in the oven then air fried. Came out with a nice crisp but soft on the inside.

Yeah, I love sprouts - apparently it’s one of those tastebud things though.

Edit: not quite right - they have a chemical that makes them taste bitter but depending on your genetics you can or can’t taste the bitter chemical.

Briermere :pimp: One of the GOAT farms on Long Island. I need their raspberry cream pie 🤤 been too long. Probably take a drive out there sometime in May, can't wait.

Thanks. My sis in law got it from Amazon I think.
You know it.
2AAD4FB5-636C-4201-A6CC-E559BAE05485.jpeg

Good looking out Turbo, I almost forgot. Think I might do some Salmon Terikyaki today

Edit: Wait a minute. Today is Saturday. I am so washed LMAO
That was yesterday bro! 😂
All good though, salmon teriyaki sounds good either way. Can’t loose

Yeah, I love sprouts - apparently it’s one of those tastebud things though.

Edit: not quite right - they have a chemical that makes them taste bitter but depending on your genetics you can or can’t taste the bitter chemical.

Interesting its also probably psychological. My palate has matured over the years. There are a lot of thing i hated growing up like beets, raw onions, and even garlic that I cant go without now.

Interesting its also probably psychological. My palate has matured over the years. There are a lot of thing i hated growing up like beets, raw onions, and even garlic that I cant go without now.

Yeah, I’m suspicious that’s part of it - my mom won’t touch them at all and it’s like watching a toddler deal with them.

I didn’t dislike sprouts before, my family just never cooked them when I was growing up. I do think they taste bitter, to me they’re like mini-cabbages. I like when brussels sprouts are cooked for a long time with onions, garlic, and bacon.

Maaaaaaan, USA got prison food for school lunches :smh:. Gimme Brazil and Greece ASAP

Always take these types of posts with a spec of pepper.

I am sure we can find good lookin Lunches here and I WONDER if the majority of meals look like those presented from other countries.

I didn’t dislike sprouts before, my family just never cooked them when I was growing up. I do think they taste bitter, to me they’re like mini-cabbages. I like when brussels sprouts are cooked for a long time with onions, garlic, and bacon.

Like a lot of vegetables that bitterness can be seasoned and cooked out.

Always take these types of posts with a spec of pepper.

I am sure we can find good lookin Lunches here and I WONDER if the majority of meals look like those presented from other countries.
I get the trepidation to believe something online, but this definitely has legitimacy to it. Of course there are places in Brazil with trash lunches, and I'm sure you can find places in the States with awesome looking lunches. (I challenge you to find one, though). But overall? USA is down bad in this department.

I get the trepidation to believe something online, but this definitely has legitimacy to it. Of course there are places in Brazil with trash lunches, and I'm sure you can find places in the States with awesome looking lunches. (I challenge you to find one, though). But overall? USA is down bad in this department.

Yea I wonder if we are comparing schools of similar levels though.

Poor schools in America vs. POOR SCHOOLS in other countries.

I am wondering if that's how it's done.

Back
Top Bottom