FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Making chili today. Made a batch of chile paste with anchos, guajillos, and cascabels

Using chuck steak and black beans. Maybe a little tomato and fresh chiles

I just view it as another form of potatoes in terms of it being a side for a steak.
I personally dont do it but i have no issue.
I think thats a big thing in Belgium Belgium
I wouldn't say it's common but it's definitely a thing. Nobody would look at you strange for having steak with fries, and it's often an option at restaurants.
Fries at a restaurant are never as great as from a fritery though.

A "steak house" chain here in DC (medium rare) only serves fries with their steaks. Well at least for VDAY dinners, that is all they offer.

Is it strange to anyone else that people eat fries with a steak?

Fries only belong with an actual burger to me.

I see people eating it all other sorts of formats and it just seems odd palette 🎨 choice. My wife does it and it drives me nuts sometimes lol.

Same with fusion food. Not a fan.
Nope.

You're a weirdo.

Steak and fries are the pinnacle.

Guess i’m in the minority here. Won’t catch me eating fries and ketchup as part of my fancy steak dinner. Potatoes i’m down for.

9DBA501D-F129-4144-9FC0-AD5262416863.jpeg

7DEBFD1C-1305-40B4-B462-F9E1F8A67D7E.jpeg

1A4F8336-19EB-40ED-8A72-51F7DACD43A9.jpeg

Chili and jalapeño cornbread

Making chili today. Made a batch of chile paste with anchos, guajillos, and cascabels

Using chuck steak and black beans. Maybe a little tomato and fresh chiles

Can you give directions on how you made the paste? I don't mean any disrespect.
Is it strange to anyone else that people eat fries with a steak?

Fries only belong with an actual burger to me.

I see people eating it all other sorts of formats and it just seems odd palette 🎨 choice. My wife does it and it drives me nuts sometimes lol.

Same with fusion food. Not a fan.
Steak + Potatoes. Simple as that.

I actually just got back from a great steakhouse experience. Stuffed to the rafters right now. Opted for garlic mashed potatoes over fries though.

Didn’t take pics because we were out with my girlfriend’s parents.

Can you give directions on how you made the paste? I don't mean any disrespect.

Starting with dried chiles:

Remove stems and seeds and toast the chiles until fragrant; soak chiles in hot water for 30-40 mins

Add chiles and 0.5-1 cup liquid to blender and blend until smooth; strain paste to remove any skins still in tact

I use a little of the soaking liquid + fresh water for the liquid. The soaking liquid is quite bitter

Can also use chicken broth and/or add additional seasonings at this point. I like to keep it neutral and just add salt and vinegar

Optional: Cook paste over medium high heat in oil for 5-7 mins

Back
Top Bottom