FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I love water and I’ll buy a bottle all the time when I’m out. But it sure is wild to think about how much stores will charge you for an individual bottle when you think of how much more affordable a 24-pack costs at the supermarket.
Not really that wild. Cheaper in bulk.

I love water and I’ll buy a bottle all the time when I’m out. But it sure is wild to think about how much stores will charge you for an individual bottle when you think of how much more affordable a 24-pack costs at the supermarket.

I was working away from home a few weeks ago - and it was really hot so I wanted a couple of bottles each day. Next to the clinic there was a Lidl - and it was cheaper to buy a case than a single bottle other places. I didn’t want to carry them around so gave them away for 2 days and still had 6 for myself.

The main problem with that is obviously the plastic and the waste - a reusable bottle being refilled is miles better. We need to get better at that.

IMG_20220723_131641.jpg

How does this Pizza Festival work? B Sox B Sox walkingBred walkingBred

You get samples from vendors?
Yea, each tent does samples. Some slices smaller than others. All depends on the tent. All slices are included with the entrance fee.

Coda di Volpe
IMG_20220723_132246~2.jpg

B Sox B Sox Some friendly advice. I'd go early when they open tomorrow if possible. We got there at 1pm and some joints were out of Pizza around 3:30. By 4-4:30 everything was pretty much shut down. Also, I'd get in what ever line is short at the time. Beware stepping in a Deep Dish or Stuffed Pizza line if they're long. They do 5 pies at a time and when they're in-between rotations the line stops and the wait is long af. I'd only step in their line if it's short, probably best when you first get there. The lines in all the other Pizza joints move pretty quick.

They're all using the same ovens (no brick ovens) but the Pizzas were still good.

The Panel discussions are pretty boring, but it's nice to go inside for the A/C and seats. Also, once the Hall is open, I'd go in there to buy my drinks cause the line isn't long like it is outside.

You're lineup is different tomorrow but some of the joints I like tomorrow are

Lou Malnati's
Spacca Napoli
Bungalow by Middlebrow
Stix n Brix
Jimmy's Pizza Cafe
Vito & Nicks
My Pi

I'll post more pics later. Gonna take a pizza nap|l

Back
Top Bottom