FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got a bunch of 🍕 for today'a Iftar(a meal taken by Muslims at sundown to break the daily fast during Ramadan) from my favorite Halal spot Hangry since it was my turn to do it amongst my family. Some chocolate cake & fruit custard from the sis-in-law & pastries from my fave bakery 😊
20220425_194206.jpg
20220425_194224.jpg
20220425_194253.jpg
20220425_201936.jpg

What is the banana item?

yeah piada is def italian chipotle
but no one is putting pasta inside their piada
you tripping. there's not even an option to do that.
Haven’t been there in an ages. I went to school near Columbus Ohio which I think was where the original ones were. This was probably in 2012 or something. My college friends were absolutely getting pasta in their piadas.

Hotel is by the Magnificent Mile, but I'll have a car too
Cluck It - Chicken Sandwich. It's pricey but it's a banger.

Smoque BBQ - Get the St. Louis Style Ribs. Only if you're up north tho. I don't think the one downtown in the food hall sells Ribs.

Al's Beef - Italian beef sandwich.

Antique Taco - Brisket Burrito. Chicken Taco. That's all I had there but I'm sure everything else is flames also. Make sure to get that orange sauce on the side.

Lou Malnatis - Deep Dish. Don't forget to ask for the Butter Crust. If you don't want Deep Dish but want Pizza....
Coal Fire - Try the Pistachio Pesto or Stracciatella & Sausage if you're feeling adventurous. But all their Pies are good.
Pizza Fried Chicken Ice Cream - Chicago Tavern Style Pizza. Get the Pepperoni and whatever else you want on top. Also try a slice of the Sicilian Squares

If you visit Navy Pier Xurro is a good dessert spot. It's on the 2nd floor deck by the Ferris Wheel. They have Funnel Cake Sundaes but the Churro Sundae is good to walk around with and eat.

Firecakes Donuts - Everything

Cluck It - Chicken Sandwich. It's pricey but it's a banger.

Smoque BBQ - Get the St. Louis Style Ribs. Only if you're up north tho. I don't think the one downtown in the food hall sells Ribs.

Al's Beef - Italian beef sandwich.

Antique Taco - Brisket Burrito. Chicken Taco. That's all I had there but I'm sure everything else is flames also. Make sure to get that orange sauce on the side.

Lou Malnatis - Deep Dish. Don't forget to ask for the Butter Crust. If you don't want Deep Dish but want Pizza....
Coal Fire - Try the Pistachio Pesto or Stracciatella & Sausage if you're feeling adventurous. But all their Pies are good.
Pizza Fried Chicken Ice Cream - Chicago Tavern Style Pizza. Get the Pepperoni and whatever else you want on top. Also try a slice of the Sicilian Squares

If you visit Navy Pier Xurro is a good dessert spot. It's on the 2nd floor deck by the Ferris Wheel. They have Funnel Cake Sundaes but the Churro Sundae is good to walk around with and eat.

Firecakes Donuts - Everything
Saving this for if I ever find myself in Chicago. Would be cool if there was a way to sticky these types of post on the first page so they are easier to find when we need to recommendations in certain cities.

Saving this for if I ever find myself in Chicago. Would be cool if there was a way to sticky these types of post on the first page so they are easier to find when we need to recommendations in certain cities.
This is a good idea. There's a few places I'm going this summer and might need some recs. Also would be nice to just read and see what places look interesting from other ppl.

Went to visit a Hindu temple in Chino Hills

BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Chino Hills​

Picked up some stuff from their store:

6E322C9A-6250-4DA3-ADA1-CA034AADDC00.jpeg

3D255A05-BC6A-4B1C-A4D1-0103D6B617D3.jpeg
47853A91-378A-4B8E-B4C9-BE262C4C30A3.jpeg

4E73E243-A987-4268-A132-26695D956466.jpeg

8D1C75B6-CDF0-4A90-8D49-7746CDE0D4A7.jpeg

Trader Joe’s Haul:

1E01E3FF-A7A4-4DFF-B6DF-91CE466A8AC6.jpeg

8F9086DE-E370-4B92-94C8-E5C0FA32F0A3.jpeg

56BCBC69-34F1-4B51-88F8-1F8EDDDDB24B.jpeg