FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

This post was 8 months ago

As an update: Even though I said I would have one, never did.

Saturday is my birthday. I'm planning to have one on Friday night so I can turn 36 as a more cultured man
Gyros are a pretty safe bet with simple ingredients. I usually go for a chicken souvlaki gyro with fries, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and tzatziki sauce which is a yogurt sauce that tastes sort of like sour cream.

This post was 8 months ago

As an update: Even though I said I would have one, never did.

Saturday is my birthday. I'm planning to have one on Friday night so I can turn 36 as a more cultured man

Get some lamb/beef gyro meat and chicken souvlakia. That combo just hits different. I personally do platers over actual gyros. I’d try to find a Green spot but other Mediterranean variants are good too. The spicing it just different.

Where do you plan on getting the Gyro from?
Don't know yet. My girl will probably pick the place from one of these....

Gyros are a pretty safe bet with simple ingredients. I usually go for a chicken souvlaki gyro with fries, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and tzatziki sauce which is a yogurt sauce that tastes sort of like sour cream.
I don't think I can do that famb

I don't eat any white savory sauces

I don't think I can do that famb

I don't eat any white savory sauces
ezvu8mzyqyybfolc2zsh.png

Trying to make a good impression. Seafood, Asian Cuisine, Soul Food

This always a good spot for good impressions. Restaurant right off the water and the food A1. Kinda high end with an alleged dress code but I’ve never been hassled with jeans and Nikes.

Get some lamb/beef gyro meat and chicken souvlakia. That combo just hits different. I personally do platers over actual gyros. I’d try to find a Green spot but other Mediterranean variants are good too. The spicing it just different.
Vegas got a decent sized Greek community

Lots of Greek restaurants

There is even a very popular Greek food festival every year in town.

Carribean spots in LA be wild with prices.

Order my mom a Jerk shrimp fried rice (she's pescatarian) and it was $28. Wasn't even a large platter. It came in like a small plastic meal prep size container.
Yikes. Hope it at least tasted good.

Anyone have good food recommendations for the Tucson area? I'm from Seattle so any tacos, Sonoran hot dog or other spots unique to the area would be preferred.

We don't have Raising Canes round here so might go there one of the days lol, I'm there for four days next month.

Back
Top Bottom