FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

They've been number 2 for a while in regards to global locations. Doubt that changes anytime soon. I see subways everywhere.

Number #1 in locations, with 1/2 the revenue of McDonalds

I imagine that's why they're scaling back. Not moving units like the Fogle days

After someone mentioned it stopped at Subway after a trip to the dentist. Italian BMT on GF bread.

2021-07-21 14.51.16.jpg
That looks good. Do they make the GF bread all sugary too?

That looks good. Do they make the GF bread all sugary too?

It's funny but I was talking to my wife about that recently - generally we don't have nearly as much sugar in bread as they do in the US. I haven't looked at the ingredients but I think it's the usual rice flour etc blend - a little chewy but if it's toasted it's okay. Usually they toast it a little then make the sandwich then toast it again (if you want it) - but this time (like I said, new girl) she just did it once - although I did hear her colleague say that the GF bread needs a little longer.

Subway still flourishing as the second largest food chain in the world. I'll watch vids on youtube about food and people in other countries seem to like it.
McDonald’s seems to be doing pretty decent as well. Folks who don’t like it seem to be more vocal about it.

2021-07-21 11.06.25.jpg

Second black espresso of the day. I drink tons more coffee since I got that bean to cup machine at the beginning of the year.
What beans did you use for this espresso? Only coffee I been buying the last 2 years are from paradise and coava coffee roasters

What beans did you use for this espresso? Only coffee I been buying the last 2 years are from paradise and coava coffee roasters

That was a new one I got in Costco recently - some brand with a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge on it. Usually I buy Lavazza beans because they have them locally - so last time I bought 2 completely different brands just to try them. 1kg lasts at least a month.
There’s a hipster roaster down the road that does really good beans (although some are a bit weird) but they’re about 8x the price in little bags. My wife likes to stick with a brand she likes but I like to mix it up - hit or miss that way though.

High end bike shop I go to sometimes has a crazy vintage machine and gets beans from that guy - and it’s up there with the best cups I’ve ever had.

Here it is part way through a service:

1626891963597.png

Has anybody in here ever done any sort of eating competition? Describe the event and the outcome.

Sort of. When I was a kid a restaurant in my neighborhood did a promotion involving eating a “five pound burger” in one sitting. Me and my brothers tried and failed.

Back
Top Bottom