FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Mediterranean spot I go to called Spitz in Los Feliz. No BS, they for real have some of the best fries I’ve ever had. I go back for the fries and aioli .

B Sox B Sox

Went to Royal Farms yesterday.

Got the 5 (actually gave me 6) Spicy Strips + Fries.

Made 2 meals out of it. Solid stuff.

They are stingy with the sauce though. Only allowed two. :lol:

Gave the roll to the birds.

20210719_074842.jpg

Cheese omelet, sweet potato hash, sausage topped with one of my fave hit sauces.

my goodness those are beautiful dishes.
rc103dc rc103dc do you have a recipe for the chicken pot pie? :emoji_eyes:

and im not sure i've ever had quiche, i need to try it.

my goodness those are beautiful dishes.
rc103dc rc103dc do you have a recipe for the chicken pot pie? :emoji_eyes:

and im not sure i've ever had quiche, i need to try it.
Thanks, dude. I really enjoy cooking, and as much as I enjoy the challenge of making things from scratch, I also like to use pre-made things when I can to save time and effort. While I don't use exact recipes, I can give you a basic idea of how I made the chicken pot pie.
Cube 2 medium sized chicken breasts and dice 1 large onion, sautee until chicken is 75% cooked
For the base of the pie, start with a roux. Add equal parts butter and flour to your chicken/onions in the pan, cooking to a light golden color.
Then pour in chicken broth, and simmer until your sauce thickens. Season with additional salt, pepper, thyme, and sage to taste.
Then add a frozen pea/carrot mixture. Feel free to use fresh if you prefer. Just adjust your liquid accordingly.
Cook until vegetables are just below tender. This should be pretty quick, especially if your carrots are cut small.
For the topping, I used the Pilsbury grands Flaky layer biscuits. I split them in half along the layers and put them across the top as pictured.
Then you brush with an egg wash, and sprinkle on your everything bagel seasoning.
Bake at 350-375 until your top is golden brown.

rc103dc rc103dc DId you make the pie crust from scratch? (Quiche )
Nope, I did not. I used a premade crust, but blind baked it prior to adding my quiche filling.

looks straight outta a cook book :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Thanks! In an alternate universe, I probably would have pursued culinary school instead of medicine, lol.

I think the statement should read, "Drinking hot coffee OUTSIDE during the summer is wild."

LIke FOgHorn said, drinking it inside is acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom