FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Hunnynutcheerios Hunnynutcheerios

1BD281AF-1DA7-4332-92DC-55BCDF89F151.jpeg
yo I just walked into the Starbucks by my office and they had "temporarily out" on all the refreshments and teas :lol:

I only get the Mango Dragonfruit joint so I told the girl I was going to order that but it's out and she told me they do have it. The only thing they're out of is the Hibiscus

so just ask anyway lol

IMG-1965.jpg

Red wine braised short rib with black truffle Parmesan reggiano gnocchi is complete. It was a trip to flavortown.

Dry brine
B6A705C1-D9A3-4D2B-B678-04D3995D4A41.jpeg

Flour dredge
15FF3C83-E0AE-4B32-BA6A-FFCFA7362735.jpeg

Gnocchi prep
A0B70044-567E-43F1-BB86-C2126D50379E.jpeg

Gnocchi cooked and added to 2tbs butter, 2 ladle water the gnocchi was cooking in, black truffle oil, 1 cup Parmesan reggiano aged 20 months.
DC8F9901-D777-4459-B608-A9B8B4B6D1E9.jpeg

The final dish with a couple pieces of thyme.
4BB94975-A694-4F69-8EE2-7F210392FAE4.jpeg

5 of may favorite ingredients. Looks good as hell

What all was in the braising liquid besides wine?

Onion, carrot, celery, olive oil, garlic clove, beef stock, thyme, bay leaf, rosemary

I used to drink a XL coffee with sugar and cream from dunkin everyday
Sometimes two if I was out late

I drink a large iced black coffee with a flavor shot (usually peppermint) on my long work days, it gets the job done. Sipping that over the course of the day>>>>>energy drinks.

It’s weird how going to starbucks specifically has become sort of an addiction / mandatory daily routine for people. Seems like a waste of money to me since everyone can just make coffee at home before their commute. I’ve always been a morning person so never needed coffee to wake me up, if i’m struggling would rather just drink an energy drink.

It’s weird how going to starbucks specifically has become sort of an addiction / mandatory daily routine for people. Seems like a waste of money to me since everyone can just make coffee at home before their commute. I’ve always been a morning person so never needed coffee to wake me up, if i’m struggling would rather just drink an energy drink.
I low key fell into the trap when I first discovered it but then I just started grinding my own beans and making my own cold brew at home. A lot of money saved.

Back
Top Bottom