FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

domino's or pizza hut?

Had a few pizza hut slices for the first time in probably 15+ years the other night. Absolute trash/waste of calories

Thin crust w/ banana peppers and mushrooms was horrible. Toppings :sick: and nothing redeeming about the crust. The regular cheese slice had a drop of sauce and a lb of cheese on it

Some of the pizza hut flavor I remember from back in the day, but no way it was this bad back then. I've had dominos a few times over the years lately and it seems much better

Not trying to be holier than thou, but some of us severely underestimate how horrible our taste buds were as untrained eaters. (Kids/Teens)

That isn't to say companies don't change recipes over time but sometimes it is as simple as, "I was younger and I thought something was good but it really wasn't." (Lunchables especially)

No love for little caesars?
Pizza! Pizza! :lol:
DONT YOU COME AROUND HERE PROPPING UP THAT PIGEON FOOD! I can’t remember where I was, a couple weeks ago I came across a Pigeon Food drive thru. It was one of the most despicable things I’ve ever seen. Place was in rural NC full of tweakers. This crap could only exist there:
FAC6003F-6C7C-4D18-97C2-4B118C4CBEDD.jpeg

I was in this store and this lady wouldn’t stop moving. She was high as ****. Do you know how much you gotta be moving for someone w/ ADHD to be put off & uneased by it? That place was bizarre as hell. Get Out type place, and I left.

Not trying to be holier than thou, but some of us severely underestimate how horrible our taste buds were as untrained eaters. (Kids/Teens)

That isn't to say companies don't change recipes over time but sometimes it is as simple as, "I was younger and I thought something was good but it really wasn't."

Definitely truth to that

Also probably something about eating @ the establishment vs delivery. It was always fresh/hot and right out of the oven when you ate inside

I do think a lot of big chains have probably gotten worse over the years, as they find ways to cut costs and source cheaper ingredients

Had a few pizza hut slices for the first time in probably 15+ years the other night. Absolute trash/waste of calories

Thin crust w/ banana peppers and mushrooms was horrible. Toppings :sick: and nothing redeeming about the crust. The regular cheese slice had a drop of sauce and a lb of cheese on it

Some of the pizza hut flavor I remember from back in the day, but no way it was this bad back then. I've had dominos a few times over the years lately and it seems much better

Your experience is consistent with the few times I’ve has Pizza Hit in the last few years. Way too little sauce.

You from the UK?

Don't mean to get political here but I have to ask... What does the UK have to do with tandoori? They done appropriated a whole Nations cooking. Does cardamom even grow in England? Maybe someone from the UK can break it down because It sounds crazy to me.

Don't mean to get political here but I have to ask... What does the UK have to do with tandoori? They done appropriated a whole Nations cooking. Does cardamom even grow in England? Maybe someone from the UK can break it down because It sounds crazy to me.
He meant the spelling of yogourt vs yogurt. Uk vs us spelling. Same how we spell it colour and americans spell it color.

Pizza Hut fell off. Could be just my area tho 🤷‍♂️

I has Pizza Hut over a year ago. The crust tasted like cardboard. They fell off hard. Used to be decent about 10-15 years ago. Thought it was maybe the one I went to but never tried again since.

All the Pizza Hut around here have been long gone. Closest one now is like an hour away.

The closest Pizza Hut to my house closed years ago, but someone committed suicide in the bathroom when it was open and it was supposedly haunted after that. A bunch of reports of strange cold spots randomly occurring throughout the restaurant and dishes/pots/pans flying off of tables and countertops for seemingly no reason.

DONT YOU COME AROUND HERE PROPPING UP THAT PIGEON FOOD! I can’t remember where I was, a couple weeks ago I came across a Pigeon Food drive thru. It was one of the most despicable things I’ve ever seen. Place was in rural NC full of tweakers. This crap could only exist there:
FAC6003F-6C7C-4D18-97C2-4B118C4CBEDD.jpeg

I was in this store and this lady wouldn’t stop moving. She was high as ****. Do you know how much you gotta be moving for someone w/ ADHD to be put off & uneased by it? That place was bizarre as hell. Get Out type place, and I left.

Problem is when you go to the small towns around the country it’s the only pizza that these people have as an option because the local joints are just that bad. I think I told the story but I was in the Midwest at a client wnd we asked the controller on what we should grab to eat wnd she recommends an Italian spot and says “it’s no Olive Garden,” you know I’m running away from that as soon as possible and rather just get something at the airport that night. Some of us are really spoiled when it comes to good options. Some people are stuck thinking that this is it because they’ve never had anything else.

Back
Top Bottom