FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

One of the homies that worked at Howlin rays opened up his own spot by Burbank , their going to be open tomorrow from 7p-12am

“Birria Pizza” from Birria La Tijuana

Forgot to take a picture of the consomè
8EF836BA-ED4F-4C5E-999A-6FFFDEF5C638.jpeg
0DCBBEBA-07A1-466E-960A-F4386C4F76C3.jpeg

I know this is gonna set off some jokes about seasoning food, but yesterday I roasted some chicken after marinating it with just salt, pepper, some smashed garlic cloves, and buttermilk. I was surprised how flavourful it came out. Tried it after watching this on Netflix.

Recommend trying it if you're gonna spatchcock a bird, or have an airfryer.

I did a simple overnight brine.

VInegar, some old Limes, Salt, Dried Crushed Thai Peppers

Pat dry afterwards and seasoned with Olive Oil mixed with Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cumin

Didn't take pics but it came out beautifully.

I threw it in the broiled once I got my desired temps.

Check him out. I like his recipes cause they are simple and effective. even someone like me, who’s just getting his feet wet can make them. He also does a good job explaining simple fundamental cooking skills. He even has a video on scrambled eggs. To me, he does a good job at bridging advanced cooking skills and regular cooking skills anyone at home can try. You see his knife work and the way he moves around the kitchen, you can see he knows what he's doing but still makes everything simple.
To your example, he made a really easy apple galette out of pizza dough in one of his videos.

I like Kenji. I think he can sometimes makes things more complicated than necessary but he does good job of explaining his reasoning and process. I'm going to try his al pastor recipe soon

I know this is gonna set off some jokes about seasoning food, but yesterday I roasted some chicken after marinating it with just salt, pepper, some smashed garlic cloves, and buttermilk. I was surprised how flavourful it came out. Tried it after watching this on Netflix.

Recommend trying it if you're gonna spatchcock a bird, or have an airfryer.

buttermilk is key. not much else is needed if you just want something quick

can season it like you would some fried chicken and still comes out good

I bought some sheers from Kitchen sheets that " https://www.instagram.com/thekitchenista/?hl=en " and smoked a chicken on the grill yesterday. Those sheers cut through that backbone so easily man. I don't even see why anyone wouldn't use this method of cooking a whole bird.

I did a turkey like that last year but I used a regular knife to cut through the backbone and it was hell. But yea, I want to buy some more chickens just to use the damn scissors.

I've been spatchcocking more lately. even if they're not big birds, it's just a few quicks snips

This is one of those situations where the food does not look like anything, but it tastes like everything!

From Secret Sauce inside of Old Town Pour House in Gaithersburg, Maryland:

Smokehouse Burger with house-smoked BBQ pulled pork shoulder, smoked provolone, BBQ bacon onion relish, Carolina mustard BBQ sauce, and crispy buttermilk onion rings

Peanut Butter Snickers Pie with peanut butter mousse, Oreo cookie crust, Snickers pieces, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauce

20210318_173820.jpg
20210318_173923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom