FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20210317_212837.jpg

Asian turkey meatloaf, loaded mashed potatoes and spinach

I thought he was gonna make the dough from scratch with garlic.
Check him out. I like his recipes cause they are simple and effective. even someone like me, who’s just getting his feet wet can make them. He also does a good job explaining simple fundamental cooking skills. He even has a video on scrambled eggs. To me, he does a good job at bridging advanced cooking skills and regular cooking skills anyone at home can try. You see his knife work and the way he moves around the kitchen, you can see he knows what he's doing but still makes everything simple.
To your example, he made a really easy apple galette out of pizza dough in one of his videos.

Last edited:
Eating the skin on the kiwi is more common than you think. Some people think too much flesh is lost during the peeling process.

Oven roasted spatchcock chicken with Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes tonight

FAD09A79-1586-406F-9293-9D5859156CA5.jpeg

Spatchcock chicken stuffed with garlic and Rosemary
3D1625A8-A6BB-4DA2-AE8C-B50A5A35846A.jpeg

I bought some sheers from Kitchen sheets that " https://www.instagram.com/thekitchenista/?hl=en " and smoked a chicken on the grill yesterday. Those sheers cut through that backbone so easily man. I don't even see why anyone wouldn't use this method of cooking a whole bird.

I did a turkey like that last year but I used a regular knife to cut through the backbone and it was hell. But yea, I want to buy some more chickens just to use the damn scissors.

Eating the skin on the kiwi is more common than you think. Some people think too much flesh is lost during the peeling process.
This. It is more common then people think, I couldn’t eat the outside with it being all furry though lol. But have y’all tried the gold kiwis??? Blows the green ones out of the water, more tropical tasting. They should be coming back to stores more so in the spring.
22B869E6-50B9-4441-972E-4942B65FF8DF.jpeg

This. It is more common then people think, I couldn’t eat the outside with it being all furry though lol. But have y’all tried the gold kiwis??? Blows the green ones out of the water, more tropical tasting. They should be coming back to stores more so in the spring.
22B869E6-50B9-4441-972E-4942B65FF8DF.jpeg
i need to try this. i'm constantly eating kiwi.

i cut them in half and go at it like i would a watermelon...usually some skin gets eaten in the process

I know this is gonna set off some jokes about seasoning food, but yesterday I roasted some chicken after marinating it with just salt, pepper, some smashed garlic cloves, and buttermilk. I was surprised how flavourful it came out. Tried it after watching this on Netflix.

Recommend trying it if you're gonna spatchcock a bird, or have an airfryer.

the last few lunches at the crib... had the lobster roll for my bday last week it was great.. got the usual consistent peruvian chicken the salad is not shown but it came with one.. had the chicken francese yesterday for lunch at work... it was good but the bread it came with was hard AF but still ate it to not waste food lol
20210311_131315.jpg
20210313_140319.jpg

20210317_122031.jpg

I know this is gonna set off some jokes about seasoning food, but yesterday I roasted some chicken after marinating it with just salt, pepper, some smashed garlic cloves, and buttermilk. I was surprised how flavourful it came out. Tried it after watching this on Netflix.

Recommend trying it if you're gonna spatchcock a bird, or have an airfryer.

Interesting. I just got an air fryer recently and wanted to try to cook a whole chicken in it.
How long did you leave it in the marinated? Over night I assume? Once you removed it from the marinade did you re-season it?

Interesting. I just got an air fryer recently and wanted to try to cook a whole chicken in it.
How long did you leave it in the marinated? Over night I assume? Once you removed it from the marinade did you re-season it?
A day, overnight at least. No reseasoning, but you can always hit it with some peppersauce after for more heat/flavour. If you watch the vid she’s generous with kosher salt, the buttermilk gives it a kind of tang. I added garlic and pepper, but I’ve also tried it without.

I went 375F for about 30 ish minutes. Also start it skin side down if you’re gonna spatchcock it.

If you watch the whole segment on Netflix she goes into more detail. It’s in the middle of the heat episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom