FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

coconut husks | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

I refused to waste a nice day (61 in DC) and not throw something on the grill. Got some Spicy Italian Sausages and Jerk Chicken going.

A few months ago I bought a coconut from somebody on the side of the road. I kept the shell hoping to use them as a smoking agent.

They definitely hold and produce more smoke than wood chunks but I will see how they end up making the food taste.
You post on "smokingmeatforums"?

Taco Bell has had E-coli issues for years. It’s pretty well known so the diarrhea comments aren’t totally off base.

Not for nothing though , Taco Bell was ranked as one of the more healthier fast food options because they rebranded their menu.

But, yet again, does it give people the bubble guts more than any other fast food establishment?
If your answer is "yes," can you provide any legitimate evidence as to why?
If your answer to the subsequent question is "no," then why should anyone give that assertion any credence?
Its probably a word of mouth thing.

I've heard TB will give you the runs way more than any of their contemporaries.

i thought it was the dog food ground beef they sell tbh
i don't know why taco bell gives people the ****s but let's not act like it doesn't.
there's literally 100's of accounts of bg's from taco bell

Right, but literally thousands of people eat at Taco Bell (taking all locations into account), so the BG incidents, while indisputable, are more the exception than the rule.

Plus, I feel like to people saying T Bell gave them the ****s is a thing that kind of took on a life of its own.

K. Pacho in Long Island, one of the finer restaurants I've eaten at. They have a little lounge on one side and tables and chairs on the other side too.

Let's get it
20210224_140636.jpg

Fam you gonna try the TB chicken sandwich for us?

Also the E. coli instances were because of their lettuce and green onions, not their ground beef.

Adding to this, other fast food establishments have had multiple E. coli outbreaks without the same level of scrutiny that Taco Bell has undergone.

Many of my favorite spots, authentic eatery's, have not survived this covid thing. In that I am very sad. NYC is known for having some of the best restaurants in the world, and even PALM had a spot of theirs shut down in Manhattan. They used to have the best Lamb chops ever for me.

Also the E. coli instances were because of their lettuce and green onions, not their ground beef.

Adding to this, other fast food establishments have had multiple E. coli outbreaks without the same level of scrutiny that Taco Bell has undergone.
Honestly, you questioning it this much is making me realize there's an unfair negative rep placed on TB :lol:

The masses aren't going to read the article and look at the details about why you had an E coli outbreak. The immediate reaction would be not eating there but on the other hand remember a few years ago when romaine lettuce had that e coli outbreak and they had to do a recall on both supermarkets and fast food joints? People kept going to McDonald's and Wendy's and just had burgers/sandwiches with no lettuce.

Only other major chains I’ve heard of with serious E. coli outbreaks are chipotle and McDonald’s a couple times. It was more rare at McDonald’s.

I believe I may have suffered from the e-coli outbreak from chipotle some time ago. I ate at a location and was down bad for a day or two.

:lol: Not for nothing its a good thing you said it first. Any other thread I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to be on KHUFU KHUFU 's *** about this.
He isn't even smart enough to know anything about it. He probably thinks that people actually run around saying such as a compliment to him.

Back
Top Bottom