FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Super grateful for today.
My newly divorced brother came through, ate some lobster, chopped it up drank some decent Hibiki. Was a good Thanksgiving overall.

Hope everyone and theirs had a wonderful one
20201126_155922.jpg
20201126_155915.jpg
20201126_155501.jpg

Just my girl and I. First Thanksgiving away from family and my first attempt at a bird (chicken since neither of us love turkey), mashed potatoes, last minute basic mac n cheese with cheddar and colby jack. She did the collards and tried her mom’s sweet potato pie recipe for the first time ever. Everything turned out pretty good.
740A0F5D-F0AB-4AB1-AA91-5F48E2F026E9.jpeg
6F2EC547-85C1-4D0C-92AB-CC27113E9375.jpeg
83246748-8191-4420-A848-2901B6689F65.jpeg

Got too hungry to make the presentation all nice. Bird got butchered :lol:

Normally I do but honestly I forgot. There’s a good amount of butter and garlic seasoning in there so it wasn’t missed.

I’ve been on a blackberry kick recently so my mom made a blackberry pie for the first time yesterday. I never had it before either
So good
With vanilla ice cream 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Looks 🔥. You have a procedure you can share? I want to make one for Christmas but I’ve never done it before.
Very easy.

I cook this at least 3-4 times per year. Bone in for me.

I always purchase 15lb bone in prime roast. Have the butcher slice the bone for you so that its easier to cut when its done. THIS IS A MUST. And have him tie it for you. This is normal procedure. if the butcher gives you attitude, tell him to kick rocks and find another butcher. He's a BA.

Cut a bunch of garlic (into nice chunks) and stab the slab of meat so that you can put the garlic into each stab wound. This, of course, if you love garlic.

coat the top and sides of the meat with rock salt. Be generous with it. Lastly, coat with garlic salt. You really could use any type of seasoning. Also, coat the underside of the meat where you had the butcher slice the bone partially from the meat. This is important. Adds extra flavor. I also like to add more garlic in this area. Remember, you're not really seasoning inside the meat so seasoning the outside of the meat is important.

Heat the oven to 350. At 15 lbs, I usually cook it for about 3hr 15min to 3hr 30min. Check the temperature of the meat and it should be at around 135-140 degrees for medium/rare. A smaller cut of meat will mean less time, of course. Outside should not be burnt. If so, you went too long.

Once you remove it, let it sit for about 20 minutes. Its still cooking. Dont cut it. I know, its tempting to see your work but if you do cut it early, you'll lose a lot of juice.

Cut and enjoy. GET A NICE SHARP KNIFE!

You might not do the best job the first time around but you'll get it perfect the more you try.

I had to ask because the slices were so perfectly done that it might have looked like the bones were removed prior. He probably just had a great knife.

I will never cook prime rib roast without the bone. The bone is important.
I didn’t cook this but the bones weren’t removed

Very easy.

I cook this at least 3-4 times per year. Bone in for me.

I always purchase 15lb bone in prime roast. Have the butcher slice the bone for you so that its easier to cut when its done. THIS IS A MUST. And have him tie it for you. This is normal procedure. if the butcher gives you attitude, tell him to kick rocks and find another butcher. He's a BA.

Cut a bunch of garlic (into nice chunks) and stab the slab of meat so that you can put the garlic into each stab wound. This, of course, if you love garlic.

coat the top and sides of the meat with rock salt. Be generous with it. Lastly, coat with garlic salt. You really could use any type of seasoning. Also, coat the underside of the meat where you had the butcher slice the bone partially from the meat. This is important. Adds extra flavor. I also like to add more garlic in this area. Remember, you're not really seasoning inside the meat so seasoning the outside of the meat is important.

Heat the oven to 350. At 15 lbs, I usually cook it for about 3hr 15min to 3hr 30min. Check the temperature of the meat and it should be at around 135-140 degrees for medium/rare. A smaller cut of meat will mean less time, of course. Outside should not be burnt. If so, you went too long.

Once you remove it, let it sit for about 20 minutes. Its still cooking. Dont cut it. I know, its tempting to see your work but if you do cut it early, you'll lose a lot of juice.

Cut and enjoy. GET A NICE SHARP KNIFE!

You might not do the best job the first time around but you'll get it perfect the more you try.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom