FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

do y'all start making some of the stuff for tomorrow tonight? or everything tomorrow? mac and cheese is the only thing im responsible for but feel like i should at least prep some of it tonight so i can be done before kickoff tomorrow

Tonight.

Since covid im trying my first turkey tonight lol.

I was banking on Boston Market but they've all been shut down, then I tried the desperate heave at the buzzer for a Popeyes turkey but they're all sold out!

Got the bird yesterday now I gotta find a recipe and go shopping and get it started this evening 😬

do y'all start making some of the stuff for tomorrow tonight? or everything tomorrow? mac and cheese is the only thing im responsible for but feel like i should at least prep some of it tonight so i can be done before kickoff tomorrow
Prepping my beef wellington tonight so all I have to do is Wrap it in puff pastry and pop it in the oven tomorrow.

Tonight.

I was banking on Boston Market but they've all been shut down, then I tried the desperate heave at the buzzer for a Popeyes turkey but they're all sold out!

Got the bird yesterday now I gotta find a recipe and go shopping and get it started this evening 😬

damn, man. good luck :lol:

im sure you'll do fine. just stick to the recipe

Tonight.

No disrespect but if you got your turkey YESTERDAY, there is no way it will be thawed out by tomorrow.

Unless it ISN'T frozen.

No disrespect but if you got your turkey YESTERDAY, there is no way it will be thawed out by tomorrow.

Unless it ISN'T frozen.

Its been out since yesterday morning.

The receipt said a mostly thawed bird can go in the brine tonight and be ready by mid morning......

JAMELE!

Its been out since yesterday morning.

The receipt said a mostly thawed bird can go in the brine tonight and be ready by mid morning......
If you are brining it cool.

Also, be careful with letting poultry thaw out in room temperature air.

Bad for business.

"I have done it before and nothing has happened to me." Is something I'm sure many would say.

Perishable foods should never be thawed on the counter or in hot water and must not be left at room temperature for more than two hours.

Safe Defrosting Methods https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/porta...afe-defrosting-methods-for-consumers/bigthaw2

Check the number of Turkey related accidents that happen each and every year.

MANY uninformed folks attempt things above their pay scale.

Yep. A bunch of people start fires every year trying to fry turkeys. Like clock work. It’s become almost as much of a Thanksgiving tradition as the Macy’s Parade or NFL football:

If you are brining it cool.

Also, be careful with letting poultry thaw out in room temperature air.

Bad for business.

"I have done it before and nothing has happened to me." Is something I'm sure many would say.

Perishable foods should never be thawed on the counter or in hot water and must not be left at room temperature for more than two hours.

Safe Defrosting Methods https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/porta...afe-defrosting-methods-for-consumers/bigthaw2

I know but I don't know how else to do it.

Its in the oven btw.

Today’s lunch + tomorrow’s contribution. Thanksgiving brioche bomb: Turkey, gravy, dressing, cranberry jam. Pecan Pie(s)
89399ED3-2089-4610-8C7C-2C820B676FD0.jpeg

AC9A2B52-37F8-41C0-AAB4-9DC6A767A7BE.jpeg

[\Spoiler]

Yea, this is why you can't be calling folks idiots when it comes to food prep stuff man. :smh:

I know the proper way to defrost things.

It was thrown on me Sunday.

Small gathering of me my two brothers my mom and one of my daughters.

Worst comes to worst we'll just have the ham.

But I'm betting my **** come out just fine.

Aint nobody trippin over my turkey as much as you are.

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving Mrs Hill?

I know the proper way to defrost things.

It was thrown on me Sunday.

Small gathering of me my two brothers my mom and one of my daughters.

Worst comes to worst we'll just have the ham.

But I'm betting my **** come out just fine.

Aint nobody trippin over my turkey as much as you are.

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving Mrs Hill?

Sometimes, "cool thanks for the advice" is enough.

Sorry for puncturing your ego.

Back
Top Bottom