FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

How long y’all let the rice cook? This is where I fail at :lol:
Once it starts to boil and the water begins to dry down exposing the rice, turn it down on low and put foil over the top and then put the pot cover on it. Let it like that for about 1/2 hour. Come back stir it with a fork and take a couple grains and try it to see if it's cooked. If it isn't, give it another 5-10 minutes.

Y’all just don’t read the directions on how to cook rice lol. Some rice take 15 mins some take up to 45.

Basmati is basically all I ever make. Somedays it's a little better than others, but I wouldn't say it's all that difficult. Basically just cooking it for somewhere around 15min.

^^^ I also use the TJ’s frozen, microwave rice (both White and Brown) all the time. I can’t tell the difference between that and stove-top cooked rice.

On the other hand, I’m not a fan of the microwaveable rice that comes in pouches that are kept at room temperature.

B69C7700-B666-483F-B7DA-732A26FBFEDB.jpeg

I find something off about the texture.

^^^ I also use the TJ’s frozen, microwave rice (both White and Brown) all the time. I can’t tell the difference between that and stove-top cooked rice.

On the other hand, I’m not a fan of the microwaveable rice that comes in pouches that are kept at room temperature.

B69C7700-B666-483F-B7DA-732A26FBFEDB.jpeg

I find something off about the texture.

Folks are asking Uncle Ben’s to follow suit of Aunt Jermina changing their brand name and logo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom