FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So did mariko get the boot from this thread?

1591744898447.gif

Y’all don’t read online reviews?

No, not really. Sometimes I’ll look at the overall review score on Yelp, but I don’t read the reviews themselves. If its a new place, I check out if they have a website, look at the menu and pics and decide based on that. I also consider word-of-mouth from people I know.

But on-line reviews, I don’t really trust.

No, not really. Sometimes I’ll look at the overall review score on Yelp, but I don’t read the reviews themselves. If its a new place, I check out if they have a website, look at the menu and pics and decide based on that. I also consider word-of-mouth from people I know.

But on-line reviews, I don’t really trust.
I meant checking the score/review ratio

checking pictures for the eye test. I rarely actually read reviews.

I like to look at pics
But half those reviews of people complaining about how they had a 20 person party and it took 45 minutes to be seated... :stoneface:
#NTExtremes

Most reviews are civil and fair. Of course you get the occasional complainer but in MY experience, that isn't anywhere near the norm/majority.

I like to look at pics
But half those reviews of people complaining about how they had a 20 person party and it took 45 minutes to be seated... :stoneface:

True. And I know from people in the industry that a lot of the glowing reviews can be from friends/family of the owners who they specifically ask to post reviews. That’s why I just focus on the average rating.

I read some reviews but when I look up spots I mostly look at pics and overall score.

I hate wasting money on trash food. So looking at pics and scores is necessary. I also usually don’t go to places that have under like 50 reviews, unless it’s new and something I’m interested in trying.

Y’all don’t read online reviews?
I usually only use apps like Yelp to look at pics of the food and menu.

That’s my biggest deciding factor for if I want to try out a certain place or not. I don’t usually waste my time with the reviews.

when I look up restaurants on ig, I check their tagged pics and do a search under places

Back
Top Bottom