FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

ive been to high end restaurants with bad service
and janky restaurants
with GREAT service
depends on the person
not the place
still not tipping either way
but just sayin

Yeah me too, but a server handling a 7 course tasting menu has a little more work than someone bringing you some fish tacos.

I’m just saying there’s levels to the serving game.

The 1st time I got hit with the service charge I was mad as ****. It was at Jax's steakhouse in SF when I was 18. Everything was the best thing I've ever eaten at that point. Best porterhouse, baked potato with top notch toppings etc. I would've tipped more than the service charge.

33BB0BF6-537B-4B0C-A5A5-2C9F9C1F1F6C.jpeg

Il Fornaio **** was crack. Get it every time
Damn that looks good as hell

Recipe? Looks fire.

Instead of soy sauce, mirin, and honey like she used in the video. I used salt, white pepper and sesame oil. I didn't put in ginger/garlic just green onion but you can if you like the flavors. If you put green onion in the soup then it's not needed in the filling. Add veggies of your choice in the soup if you want. Noodle if you're hungry.

Yeah, it’s that time of year bro.
how was ocean prime? Looking to book a couple spots for restaurant week myself.

It was dope man.

Contemporary feel. Vibes there were very relaxing. Caesar salad was fresh. Filet was very juicy and cooked perfectly w/ the shrimp scampi was a nice touch. And my girl had some risotto that was fiiiire with her scallops. Finished off w the bread pudding and carrot cake both 🔥

They had a decent old fashioned too and she had some Pinot noir, both of us drank and it only came out to 150ish. Not bad at all.

Bistro Cassis for some French food last night:

Seared scallops and shrimp with a mushroom, corn, and leek fricassee in a truffle cream sauce:
0-1.jpg

Duck breast, duck leg and confit gratin, asparagus, raspberries, and burgundy sauce
0-2.jpg

Also booked a reservation at Marea for Valentine's Day weekend yesterday. Very excited.

That Burgundy sawse looks nice...

Never been to Fogo myself, but know lots of people who have and I’ve heard mixed things. Some folks love it.

Not a fan of Fogo.
I love the concept but I think Zed451 and Texas de Brazil do it much better.

any opinions on fogo de chao? gonna try it out tomorrow

I went once and thought it was ok. Unlimited amount of meat but I thought it was overwhelming with all the options. They give you a card you can flip and that tells them if you want more or not. I didn't even get any sides because I thought they were garbage.

go to fogo.

I feel like the quality has dropped a little over the years but it’s still good.

even if you hate it everyone needs to go to fogo once in their life just so you can say you‘ve been.

if you can go on lunch it’s cheaper but a smaller menu. The popovers are underrated there. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom