FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

5F08BFF7-4C98-4B3E-ABB8-AC52556EA127.jpeg

jasmine rice
Stew peas and dumplin
AvocAdo
Tomatoe

yes I know my knife cutting skills are trash.

i use balsamic vinegar on avocados or some salt. Always one or the other.
i never eat tomatoes plain, always in a salad though, and with various types of dressing.
I could see eating the tomatoes and avocado with the rice and beans all in one bite.

A little salt on the tomato couldn't hurt though.

Mannn love having a bite of avocado to go with my rice and beans and whatever meat (pause) is on the dish.
I prefer my avocado to be sliced up and sit in vinegar and olive oil (some salt as well) for a couple hrs in the fridge to get cold. The cold to go with the warm dish is such a nice contrast. :smokin

How my sprouts lookin?

Cooked 3 strips of bacon first.

Took them out and fried the sprouts with onions in the bacon grease.

Taste test coming after my chicken breast come out.

20191222_171451.jpg
You tell us.

Any time I cook sprouts with anything else I usually throw them in the oven for about 15 minutes before throwing them in the pan with everything else just to make sure that they're cooked through. The pan time is just to caramelize the exterior.

Tried spaghetti squash for the first time. With broiled chicken and some sauteed peppers (spicy*).

20191220_230401.jpg
20191220_230504.jpg

Also tried brown basmati rice for the first time with some ground turkey.

20191218_190640.jpg
#RiceMaster :pimp: - I just tried Swahili Village in Beltsville last night, it was good.

kingkoopa kingkoopa RE: Sprouts, I usually cook them in the oven (Roast) at high temperature after tossing in Olive Oil + Salt/Pepper/Garlic. Finish in broiler to get some chars.

You tell us.

Any time I cook sprouts with anything else I usually throw them in the oven for about 15 minutes before throwing them in the pan with everything else just to make sure that they're cooked through. The pan time is just to caramelize the exterior.

**** bang!

I covered them throughout the cook so the got tender but not mushy.

20191222_173844.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom