FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

He made the fatal mistake of leaving out the "-inspired."

Not an authentic dish in the least, but I'd eat the **** out of that. His explanation of black beans and his substitutes was silly though. No way I'm using chickpeas for something like that.

I guess he meant substitute as in the texture.

How do you actually feel about Buffalo Wings?

Would you come with that same energy if someone posted a plate of Buffalo wings?

I mentioned it before, I RARELY eat Fried Chicken. It is whatever to me. Quicker to eat it in sandwich form than anything.

My MAIN gripe with the Cauliflower "wings" comment was simply to poke fun @ Vegan dishes always needing the catchy name that is based on the meat counterpart instead of standing on what it actually is.

Fried Cauliflower is what it should be called.

Finely Diced Cauliflower is what it should be called. (Not Rice).

The taste of chicken you enjoy, isn’t chicken.
giphy.gif

I mentioned it before, I RARELY eat Fried Chicken. It is whatever to me. Quicker to eat it in sandwich form than anything.

My MAIN gripe with the Cauliflower "wings" comment was simply to poke fun @ Vegan dishes always needing the catchy name that is based on the meat counterpart instead of standing on what it actually is.

That's a hell of a non-answer to both questions.

How do you actually feel about Buffalo Wings?

Would you come with that same energy if someone posted a plate of Buffalo wings?
Let me directly answer these for you since my indirect answers weren't good enough.

Buffalo Wings are cool. I probably had them 2-3 times this year. I don't seek them out. Nothing special honestly.

Would you come with that same energy if someone posted a plate of Buffalo wings? Nah, because it isn't a Vegan dish attempting to transition non-vegans into eating a vegan dish by using a name of a traditional meat product.

Let me directly answer these for you since my indirect answers weren't good enough.

Buffalo Wings are cool. I probably had them 2-3 times this year. I don't seek them out. Nothing special honestly.

Would you come with that same energy if someone posted a plate of Buffalo wings? Nah, because it isn't a Vegan dish attempting to transition non-vegans into eating a vegan dish by using a name of a traditional meat product.
1. How is Buffalo cauliflower "attempting to trasition" non-vegans?

2. Why is that a problem to you?

1. How is Buffalo cauliflower "attempting to trasition" non-vegans?

2. Why is that a problem to you?

When you promote a vegan dish, using the same name as a meat counterpart, it is ATTEMPTING to give the impression that it is similar to/just as/solid replacement of. It is attempting to lure a new market into trying their product.

As I mentioned, I just want Vegan dishes to hold their own nuts and be labeled exactly what they truly are.

I have NO issue with the actual dish(es), I have more issue with the marketing of them.

I don't lose sleep over it, nor does my blood pressure rise from it. I just find it ironic at times.

Any form of deception is an annoyance to me.

When you promote a vegan dish, using the same name as a meat counterpart, it is ATTEMPTING to give the impression that it is similar to/just as/solid replacement of. It is attempting to lure a new market into trying their product.

As I mentioned, I just want Vegan dishes to hold their own nuts and be labeled exactly what they truly are.

I have NO issue with the actual dish(es), I have more issue with the marketing of them.

I don't lose sleep over it, nor does my blood pressure rise from it. I just find it ironic at times.

Any form of deception is an annoyance to me.
So is eggplant parm a dish that's attempting to transition non-meat eaters? or is it just another variation?

Even if it was doing that, what the hell is the problem?

How does meat hold a monopoly on any type of preparation?

All of this sounds like a "you" problem. Don't project that onto everyone else.

So is eggplant parm a dish that's attempting to transition non-meat eaters? or is it just another variation?

Well Eggplant Parm is a horrible example considering the name is based on the LOCATION of the dish, not the (meat based) items. I give you credit for the effort though. But yes, THAT would simply be another variation that doesn't apply to ANYTHING being mentioned here.

It IS a me "problem."

As far as I recall, I only spoke for myself. Where is this idea that I projected anything?

Well Eggplant Parm is a horrible example considering the name is based on the LOCATION of the dish, not the (meat based) items. I give you credit for the effort though. But yes, THAT would simply be another variation that doesn't apply to ANYTHING being mentioned here.

It IS a me "problem."

As far as I recall, I only spoke for myself. Where is this idea that I projected anything?
Damn you're right...I forgot that Buffalo isn't a location.

Still curious how me personally voicing displeasure of naming practices morphed into me projecting it as anything more than what it was.

Or did you just feel like using the word projecting tonight?

Oh so now it's an argument of origins rather than flavor.

Keep moving the goalposts until it suits you, I guess. :rofl:
The origin has to matter if we are discussing Vegan products COPYING the names of meat based products.

So if a non-mest product was made FIRST, how is that even up for discussion?

But if you want to call that moving goalposts, cool.

Intoducing Eggplant Parm was just a bad example, point blank.

The origin has to matter if we are discussing Vegan products COPYING the names of meat based products.

So if a non-mest product was made FIRST, how is that even up for discussion?

But if you want to call that moving goalposts, cool.

Intoducing Eggplant Parm was just a bad example, point blank.
As far as I can tell you're the only one here that really cares about "vegan products copying," hence your projection.

You're the one that went out of your way to talk about how you don't think they're good, a bunch of people chimed in about how they're actually good, you went on to talk about how you wouldn't eat them.

You've tried to change the angle of the discussion multiple times to suit your position. My position was never about origins, only flavor.

shotsrangout shotsrangout is actually right though. Time for bed.

Why?

Because it’s inspired from wings. Looks like wings, and taste like wings, also used like wings.

So I can’t call a black bean burger a black bean burger anymore??

You want a bean patty smashed in between buns?

You want some fried cauliflower that look like chicken wings?

See how stupid that sounds???

YALL kids want some finely diced cauliflower instead of rice????

Sounds stupid.

Call it what it’s inspired by.

Back
Top Bottom