FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Chickpea eggs
Garlic Naan
Curried dices Red Poatoes

A63DF8EA-D837-41FB-A493-AF8413A7A7D5.jpeg
Struggle red poatoes.
Cut them joints into larger chunks.

Add some purple onions, red green peppers and grill it.

Back to chicken and waffles y’all. Any of y’all been to Melba’s (Sylvia’s nieces restaurant) in Harlem? I haven’t been in a years but I recall it pretty good. Also Soco in BK

Back to chicken and waffles y’all. Any of y’all been to Melba’s (Sylvia’s nieces restaurant) in Harlem? I haven’t been in a years but I recall it pretty good. Also Soco in BK
No need to go back to chicken and waffles
While I like it and have a preference on my waffles
U had one or 2 places I had em all
Hell the wife makes it for dinner every once in a blue moon

Soco is solid across the board but I've never had the chicken and waffles. They also do the Red Velvet.

I always went later at night and always had another dish.

EDIT: I would have either the Lobster, Shrimp + Grits or the Molasses Braised Short Rib.

On the subject of Chicken and Waffles, seemed strange to me at first but the chicken is just a breakfast meat like any other. Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Steak, Turkey Bacon, Chicken Sausage etc. all qualify. Why not fried chicken?

Last edited:
No pics since I cannot have a phone at work. But I just had the best cupcake in the world from sprinkles. Some cookie cupcake:
chocolate chip studded yellow cake is lined with cookie crust and topped with brown sugar frosting. Dusted with crunchy cookie pieces.

No clue the origin of this sandwich but my oh my :pimp:

It's a French classic. Croque Madame and a bowl of French onion soup is a strong contender for my last meal:
0-2.jpg

Anywho: got some friends coming out for the weekend. Got a pot of chili on the stove right now for some Frito pies tonight, but the main attraction is gonna be this guy here:
0-1.jpg

The butcher shop by me made their own corned beef flats, so I just coated one in pastrami spices and I'm gonna throw it on the smoker tomorrow. Thinking I'm gonna do sandwiches on seeded rye with cabbage roasted in duck fat, pickles, fresh dill, and a beet horseradish dijonnaise.

Back
Top Bottom