FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

No. That was me. I don’t eat the roaches and rats though.
Nah not saying u do
But if u have roaches certain cereals u ain’t eating

41F78B64-A51D-4DB7-ADA6-3095D190E1D9.png

with wifeys job having hq in SF we will be making more trips up there in the future. a ton of spots I want to try up there

adding to list
they have brunch which is all u can eat as well
fried catfish
in house made belgian waffles
fried chicken
scrambled eggs
grits
breakfast potatoes and plenty other stuff
but its all u can eat
the lunch and dinner is all soul food
only brunch is all u can eat

oakland had this spot called picán
soul food spot
closed down cause of rent prices
reopened under a different name in hayward
called plate
used to love going to the oakland location
hayward rebrand is trash

solewoman solewoman Are you saying this was the first time Roscoe was trash?

Yes. Service was slow and food was just not hitting like normal. Roscoes is definitely not trash normally. I usually hit the one on gower. But my mom insisted on the one in Inglewood and we usually don’t have issues but it is what it is. The waffle and syrup is like none other/

Was World Wide Tacos worth the ridiculous wait time? How was the experience there? Would you recommend?

I’ve been debating making a trip there for years but the wait time completely turned me off to even attempting to go over there.

For those not familiar, World Wide Tacos is known for making people wait 4+ hours for a simple order, but they make everything fresh and have an extensive menu.

For example let’s say you order the lamb tacos or something. They might go buy the lamb from the market once you order it, marinate it, whatever other prep is involved and then hours later you get your tacos.

It sounds ridiculous but this place has been in business for YEARS and people love it.

It’s up to you. It’s not my first time being there. Like you said they are basic tacos but I was craving the jerk. If you are visiting, there are definitely other taco spots to hit. Depending on when and what you order the times don’t be that bad. I’ve gotten tacos as quick as 30 mins. They just be OFP tho

Yes. Service was slow and food was just not hitting like normal. Roscoes is definitely not trash normally. I usually hit the one on gower. But my mom insisted on the one in Inglewood and we usually don’t have issues but it is what it is. The waffle and syrup is like none other/
in the waffle batter they just add cinnamon vanilla and nutmeg
nothing major
and they use table syrup :sick:
i prefer the one on pico blvd
also the anaheim one
but again roscoes is hangover food
not really good when im sober

Waited at a bar called El Sotano, a mezcal focused with Mexican cuisine before our dinner. Just had their bar snacks
Mini empanadas
20190312_192127.jpg

Guac chips, peanuts, and chapulines
20190312_174239.jpg

for those who dont know chapulines are grasshoppers, I didnt know myself when we order it. First time trying they wasnt too bad. Crispy light kinda bitter since it was fried with garlic
20190312_174232.jpg
Portion sizes are weak

I like Roscoe's.

It's funny cause the chicken is just average but their waffles are crack and that gravy is amazing.

The Roscoe's slander is just another example of people feeling the need to bad mouth an established brand. while calling it trash over-exaggerated levels of low quality.

But this is what yall typically do. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom