FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

All of the burgers on this page look unreal.

Repped.

Trying to grab some Chinese tonight...we will see.

smh...
just had the Mojo Burger (bacon and fried egg) from Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs.

no pic cause i didn't make time between sitting down and opening the bag. just went straight to it and devoured it. :lol:

kinda like

LL

it was bomb though. wish i wasn't so hungry, then at least i would've made time for a pic. :lol:

Where can i get "good" poutines in LA?

Tried a few food trucks down here and thought it sucked. To me, it tastes like gravy fries with big chunks of string cheese lol.

Ground chicken empanadas

Where are those from. There is a Cuban spot near me, Cokumbia Heights DC, and the CHicken Empanadas are $2.50 for 2. Is that normal? I always thought that was cheap
My mom made them :lol: She makes them on the regular, even though she knows I avoid eating fried foods. Depending on the size and the filling inside, 2 for $2.50 is not a bad deal at all. Most of what I post in here are all homemade meals cooked by my parents.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments on the burger pics, guys.

Went back to the same spot today.

Ordered mac and cheese, fried pickles, Korean wings and a Couch Potato Burger (Burger with French Onion dip and potato chips on it). My girl got a burger with Mac and cheese on top.

I honestly can NOT get over how amazing these wings are. I may go back tomorrow for more.

New BBQ spot opened by my grandparents' house. Brought my grandma out for her birthday. BEST wings I've ever had. I'm going back tomorrow to pick up some more.

Anyway, ordered the Triple D burger.

Follow me on IG for more food pics. @mike_gardner

That Burger is a work of art. Simply beautiful.

Busy *** week, No time for my camera for the most part. Couple of times I had my camera, but forgot the proper lens :smh:

Chipotle, Chicken Bowl: Brown rice, pinto beans, mild salsa, lettuce, corn, cheese, little bit of sour cream...

Chicken Salad from Chris's

Breakfast Burrito from Chris's (provided by my job for going in Saturday) Don't want to complain too much since it was free, but most breakfast burritos suck compared to my local spot... I probably ate 1/3 maybe, and threw it away :smh:

King Taco in El Monte after I got off work... 2 asada, 2 al pastor w/ Large Horchata

2 Tostadas de camaron, 1 ceviche de camaron AND 3 micheladas (not really pictured) was HEATED I didn't have my lens :x

Late Night Tommy's by chiva1908, on Flickr
Last night/this morning to sober up. I think it was like 4am :lol:

Last edited:

Carne asada fries from Nico's Taco Shop in Tucson, AZ. Its been 12 hours and I'm still feeling the digestive process going. Washed it down with some Horchata :pimp:

Last edited:
Do y'all really take a DSLR with lens into the places you eat just to take pics of the food? :lol:

Although you can probably tell by the lack of quality in my pic, I just use my cell phone (Nexus 5). No filters or touch ups :lol:

Do y'all really take a DSLR with lens into the places you eat just to take pics of the food? :lol:

Why not? The majority of my photos are from my phone, but I sometimes carry a DSLR around all day. I don't think any of us are using 70-200 L to take pictures of food either :lol:

Last edited:
all of my pics are from my iphone or iphones

but i dont really get what the problem is with bringing a camera to take pics of my food if i had one.

on another note,

i notice a lot of people who post crappy pics are people that want a quick snap because theyre too worried what people think of them.

Kinda good to see other people besides Asians take professional pics of their food. I went to a friend's bday dinner and 3-4 of her friends pulled out their expensive cameras with those long lenses to take pics of dinner. I looked at them with wonder in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom