FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I dno them Orewoods looked like trash a few pages back in pics someone posted, it looked like they were painted with whiteout or something
I picked up a pair in snipes the other day and they looked like fakes... the laces were flat and frayed and the mesh was in bad shape. The foam was really soft and felt much lighter and cheaper than foams from the past few years... yes I know foams have been trash quality the past few iterations but them orewoods are ridiculously cheap feeling and looking up close..

After seeing comparisons photos I wasted no time grabbing the “international blue” foams.
Slightly lighter than 2007 vs 2024
Excited to see how these look in hand.

Last edited:
I picked these up at my local resale shop yesterday. They were running a 20% discount for used items so they came out to $120 flat. They look to be worn 1-2 times.

IMG_3155.jpeg

WTH. Sorry I sold my 2017s now :lol:
The damn indents on this new pair run into the top of the foam in the ankle area because they’ve done their thing again and shrunk the upper down :smh:
These new foam retros are low tops compared to how they should be. Probably gonna save the money and pass, and never look back. Or if I buy them, it’ll just be because it’s my only choice for a new pair of OG blue Penny foams. But damn, man.

they shrunk the foamposite material between the carbon fiber and eyestay. Just when I hope they try to make Jordan retros a little more correct, they ain’t doing the same for certain Nike retros.

It’s clear that Nike makes all of their decisions based on misinterpreted market research data. “People wear more low tops so we must shrink down or higher cut classics to appeal to more consumers.”

In reality it just destroys the design. You can’t just “tweak” something that’s perfectly dialed in. If you want to sell more lows then sell models that are designed as lows or innovative and make a new model that’s actually appealing. Butchering these classics does nothing but alienate the core consumer.

Back
Top Bottom