FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
These galaxy 2.0's are really dope IMO. I want to scoop for sure. Hope the hype stays relatively low but that kinda seems unlikely. Wish there was a yeezy drop the same day lol.

I'm gone eat

me too

LazyImmaterialBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

I don't know about that. Shoes as hideous as the Off White collection get hyped up because of rarity. The Galaxy Foamposite is one of my least favorite ones because I think patterns make the shoe too busy looking.
Just because you feel that way, it doesn’t mean that everyone else does.
The galaxy foams were appreciated since they first debuted for most. It’s only been a couple that have said otherwise.

The off white collection is also dope for the most part. It’s different. It’s art. You just have to appreciate it for what it is.

These galaxy 2.0's are really dope IMO. I want to scoop for sure. Hope the hype stays relatively low but that kinda seems unlikely. Wish there was a yeezy drop the same day lol.
Lettuce pray for a 3 color yeezy drop that day. Grizz and crew will be occupied while you, me, and the prison shank baby prosper. :evil:

Just because you feel that way, it doesn’t mean that everyone else does.
The galaxy foams were appreciated since they first debuted for most. It’s only been a couple that have said otherwise.

The off white collection is also dope for the most part. It’s different. It’s art. You just have to appreciate it for what it is.
I realize that it's my opinion. But you can not deny that the overwhelming factor in this shoes success is not it's design but the circumstances around it. I think you should rate a shoe on it's own inherent merits and not on stuff like buzz or production numbers.

Also, if you allow me the joke, art like the Off-White collection has been done once in the 60s

Last edited by a moderator:
Lettuce pray for a 3 color yeezy drop that day. Grizz and crew will be occupied while you, me, and the prison shank baby prosper. :evil:

That’s what I’m saying. Worst case I’ll camp with her and make sure she got that blade on her for intimidation. Gotta get em by any means.

Just kidding, I realize tastes are different. My point is just that the shoe would not be as successful given other circumstances.

I realize that it's my opinion. But you can not deny that the overwhelming factor in this shoes success is not it's design but the circumstances around it. I think you should rate a shoe on it's own inherent merits and not on stuff like buzz or production numbers.

Also, if you allow me the joke, art like the Off-White collection has been done once in the 60s

you've already established that you are european. A region that doesn't have a history of liking foams. makes no sense for you to keep trying to speak on who does and doesn't like colors. none at all.

and the off white collection was dope regardless of the production. in an era where we constantly get rehashed retros, its pretty nice to see something tasteful.

Let's keep my opinion out of this for now - what of an impact would the shoe have had if it was released in commercial quantities?
Same question for the Off-White. My answer would be - non or little. You can make everything popular by making low stock. The first Jordan Future shoes resold on Ebay for $ 400 Dollars because they were only available in a handful of stores.

Let's keep my opinion out of this for now - what of an impact would the shoe have had if it was released in commercial quantities?
Same question for the Off-White. My answer would be - non or little. You can make everything popular by making low stock. The first Jordan Future shoes resold on Ebay for $ 400 Dollars because they were only available in a handful of stores.

i understand what you are saying but you also have to separate out whats dope and whats not. those futures were trash from day 1 IMO so i never cared to get them. The galaxy foams and most of the off white collection were flames from day 1.

There are plenty of shoes that I agree with you but the statement you are making isn't accurate for every shoe that's limited.

its like saying the nerf kd 4s were only liked because they were limited. Naw... they were and still are dope.

Im in for the Gentry Galaxies. Now we wait to see if nike will bring out the Black/volt pros or Yankee foams

Lol, but that's a matter of taste, I think the KD line got good at the fifth model.

There's a thing in art criticism that's called "inherent value", which is how something is drawn, the technical profiency, the use of color etc. and there is "reception value", which is how the audience reacted to it and it's reputation holds up etc.
You can also use those principles here, most of hyped up shoes rather rely on "reception value" rather than inherent one. Which is not to say that there aren't good limited sneakers - their appeal just mostly doesn't come from their design for the large part is what I'm saying.

Lol, but that's a matter of taste, I think the KD line got good at the fifth model.

There's a thing in art criticism that's called "inherent value", which is how something is drawn, the technical profiency, the use of color etc. and there is "reception value", which is how the audience reacted to it and it's reputation holds up etc.
You can also use those principles here, most of hyped up shoes rather rely on "reception value" rather than inherent one. Which is not to say that there aren't good limited sneakers - their appeal just mostly doesn't come from their design for the large part is what I'm saying.
ok i get it. you only think the galaxy foams are beloved because they were limited.
its not like the galaxy theme as wasn't well received or anything. the galaxy foams were just trash and only liked because of quantities.

Others and I only like them and want them because they were limited.

That's not what I'm implying. I'm implying that they would not have had a high apppreciation by a larger number of people if they were made in larger numbers. I'm not saying they are beloved SOLELY because of low production numbers but MOSTLY.

Somebody drawing a black square on a canvas wouldn't be considered high art if it didn't come from Kasimir Malevich.

Back
Top Bottom