FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Not sure if anyone did this yet but I have the 07 pair and got my hands on the 17 pair recently. I personally find that the 07 pair is superior. I had the 2011 pair and they were awful in terms of shape, color, and quality. I think they did a better job with the 17 version.. and I know some don't like the color but thats one of the main things I think that they stepped up this time around.

The shape of course is still kind of poop but not terrible.. I don't know where that 07 mold went but they need to find it. Here are some comparison pics.

The 07 has thicker cent logos here but you'll find that the cent logo on the heel of the 07 is thinner.. weird.

Deeper ridges on the 07 of course.. but not that much deeper and def a stiffer foamposite.

Forgot to point out this part: The black lace holder was a tough suede on the 07 pair.. the 17 pair has this new nike fake suede but its softer fresh out the box.

Shape: here is where any foamposite after 09 starts sucking.. the height is higher on the 07 and you can see the top of the last two grooves.. its super annoying when they are cut off.

Peep the heel as mentioned before. Also, the obvious difference in color. I will say the 07 was way more vibrant upon it's release but even the pull tabs have a toned down blue on the 07 pair which I think is truer to the OG. The 17 pair has this damn near iMessage blue going on lol. Whats also weird to me is that when the 17 pair is not held in light (and not getting a chance to shine), the blue looks pretty good and true. 

07 wins to me.. but this was a decent retro.. enough to make me cop. Hardest part= should I wear my 17s now or keep rocking 07s which were worn once. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That review proves to me that this mold BS is just that..BS. If they used the same molds, the shoes would be exactly the same after the new molds they made when originals were destroyed. No difference in depth of ridges, no shape diffence and no height difference. They probably mold the sample pairs and others just get carved out [emoji]128514[/emoji] No idea, but it just don't add up

Those complaining about price should just buy less. It's supply and demand. Nike pushed Lebron elites up to $275, people stopped buying, so the next year they were $200.

Think foams are overpriced, stopped buying as many and the prices will fall.

im sitll gonna be happy with my 2017s.. why.. ICE!!!

but i do want a DS pair of 2007's i want to ice them up... how much are they going for these days...

Those complaining about price should just buy less. It's supply and demand. Nike pushed Lebron elites up to $275, people stopped buying, so the next year they were $200.

Think foams are overpriced, stopped buying as many and the prices will fall.
the majority of  consumers just aren't that disciplined to do this

thanks for the review. 

I never had royals, and glad to get a pair. I'm a little bummed about the ridges and height and materials... 

but not bummed enough not to cop for sure. 

As for pricing 'boycotting'. Already done. I'm not buying Js for a long while because the price/quality isn't there. It's not just me...it's a lot of peeps itching to get outa the game because of the price...the hassle. The demand will decrease (price *always* makes it decrease)  and either the price will lower or/and the quality will go up to circumvent. Such is the way of business. And Nike....is definitely a business. 

thanks for the review. 

I never had royals, and glad to get a pair. I'm a little bummed about the ridges and height and materials... 
but not bummed enough not to cop for sure. 

As for pricing 'boycotting'. Already done. I'm not buying Js for a long while because the price/quality isn't there. It's not just me...it's a lot of peeps itching to get outa the game because of the price...the hassle. The demand will decrease (price *always* makes it decrease)  and either the price will lower or/and the quality will go up to circumvent. Such is the way of business. And Nike....is definitely a business. 

Price isn't gonna change, availability probably will. I can see them making less. When people stop paying $220 for knit shoes along with buying every Jordan GR then the market might change. But I doubt it

Haven't really kept up with the rumor mill but has an eggplant retro been discussed for 2017? Been waiting for a return for forever.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair from sheikh. Repped to whoever posted the link. Never had these but always wanted a pair that $180 price tag as a freshman in high school was too much back then
BTW my local ftl got these in today and will be selling them tomorrow so if you're looking for a pair check your local spots

Last edited:
I still have my Eggplant's on ice for no reason other than I never found them be be very appealing.
I liked them at the time of purchase but every time I went to wear a foam I always picked another color to wear.
Maybe time to break them out.

Last edited:
I still have my Eggplant's on ice for no reason other than I never found them be be very appealing.
I liked them at the time of purchase but every time I went to wear a foam I always picked another color to wear.
These and Royals are my favorite.

Anyone have any experience fixing sole separation?

These and Royals are my favorite.

Anyone have any experience fixing sole separation?

Try barge cement. I would only wear casually tho.

And to dude that said his Nike order has been sitting in tenn.... me too :frown:

A high quality clear silicone will also work, used it on a few of my LeBron 4 foams with good success

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom