Florida Man fires 9 shots at a car killing a 17 year old because of loud music

[h1]Florida Man fires 9 shots at a car killing a 17 year old because of loud music[/h1]
73464050.jpg

What’s up with Florida and these Travon Martin type of situations occurring. A Florida man was denied bond Monday on a murder charge stemming from a weekend shooting that started with a complaint about loud music and ended with a teenager dead.

A statement by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office described a Friday-night confrontation in a gas station parking lot that escalated into at least eight shots being fired at a car carrying a group of teenagers.

Seventeen-year-old Jordan Davis, among the teens, was fatally wounded. Forty-five-year-old Michael Dunn of Brevard County, Florida, was arrested Saturday and charged in the fatal shooting.

According to the statement from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Dunn told authorities that he had asked the teens to turn down loud music from their vehicle adjacent to his, as he waited while his girlfriend, who was returning with him from a wedding, went inside the gas station to make a purchase.

Dunn told police he felt threatened by the response from the teens, the statement said.

Dunn’s attorney, Robin Lemonidis, told CNN Monday that Dunn told police that he reacted after having seen a gun barrel in the window of the teens’ car and after hearing a profanity-laced string of threats against him and his girlfriend while the teens motioned they were opening the door.

Lemonidis said that was when Dunn reached for his gun and opened fire on the vehicle. She added that, “When all the evidence has been flushed out, I believe that it will be extremely clear that Mr. Dunn acted as any responsible firearm owner would have under the same circumstances.”

Eight or nine shots were fired at the teens’ car, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office statement added. There were no guns found inside the teens’ car, the statement said.

Lemonidis said her client and his girlfriend left the scene after the shooting, fearing that they had encountered gang members and that more would follow.

The couple went to a local hotel for the night, and saw the news the next morning that Davis had died. They returned to Dunn’s home in Brevard County, where local police arrested him Saturday on an out-of-county warrant.

Dunn was arraigned Monday afternoon, and Lemonidis said she entered a not-guilty plea on her client’s behalf.

Ron Davis, the victim’s father, told CNN affiliate WAWS that he wants to see justice, “Whether it be through the legal system or to God. God’s going to punish him for that, so me, I don’t want to do anything to him.” (CNN)

Thoughts?

The bafoonery just never stops. :smh:

Some of the statements made though = :x :x :x :x :x

Always some crazy **** going down here in FLA.  Everyday I see the news it almost embarasses myself to be a floridian born & raised.

Hopefully I will be out of this crazy state in the next couple years.  A bunch of thugs mixed w/ rednecks don't mix
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Don't want my daughter to grow up around delinquents and crazies (she is almost 2)

Waiting on my fiance to finish up her degree (shes a senior)

And we are heading to either CA, CO, or NY (where her famb lives)

Last edited:
I can def see a group of teenagers bumping music

I can def see them hurling insults to the guy who was probably giving them the mean grimmace for a while

I can see this guy possibly being a racist

I can see the teens possibly having a gun because of the gun laws in florida

So i'll wait for more evidence

Dude asked for guys to turn music down...did it get so bad where he couldn't drive away from them, and just phone his girl that he had to move the car away from those obnoxious kids...

7 shots fired...is this just a case of unchecked rage?

I doubt it...whatever happened to the officers and the story of the guy shooting himself in the backseat while cuffed or some ****?

Last edited:
What's the difference between this and the type of **** that happens in Detroit and Chicago?
Why is it when a white person kills a black person it gets nation wide coverage?

You sound stupid. Please don't bring that nonsense in here. Start a new thread if you care that much.

I can def see them hurling insults to the guy who was probably giving them the mean grimmace for a while

This.

I can see the situation being avoided. If you saw a gun, then get get the hell outta there. Its a gas station, not your residence.

Last edited:
WHO BANGS OUT AROUND COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF PETRO!?!?! That alone should have dude serving time.

This guy.  He knew damn well he was in the wrong.  You don't at anytime call the police, then instead of going home you stay in a hotel overnight, and your no stranger to breaking the law.  Does he really think this self defense malarkey is going to fly.  FLA should bake this trash pale of a human being. 

You see all that but clearly didn't see this huh?

the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office statement added. There were no guns found inside the teens’ car, the statement said.

... “When all the evidence has been flushed out, I believe that it will be extremely clear that Mr. Dunn acted as any responsible firearm owner would have under the same circumstances.”

So if he reacted as a responsible firearm owner why would he go hideout in a hotel?

ive seen kids wilding out on old folks for no reason saw this old dude beat some kids behinds at ampm this weekend, they were trying to act hard and this ol skool G handled em..

anyway, im sure these dudes were hyped off some chief keef makin threats, and it turned out this dude was really about that life.

BANG BANG.

noone deserves to die though and you never know whos packing what or whos had a terrible day ya know best thing to do is to avoid all the bull and live ya life...

I can see the situation being avoided. If you saw a gun, then get get the hell outta there. Its a gas station, not your residence.
 THIS

Just cause it is FL and the gun laws are lax doesn't mean you can shoot someone because "you felt threatened"

You basically have to prove that there was no way you could have escaped the situation w/o shooting the dude.

Now someone busting up in your crib.....thats another story, and you have the right to start blasting in FL.

Yeah there is never a true reason to fire 8 shots at a gas station. Get in your car, make your girlfriend finish up her purchase, and go home. 

Even if they were looking for some trouble, chances are they are not going to bother the older white dude and his girlfriend. 

Sad story, and chances are justice will not be served. The country we live in tells plenty about the people we are IMO. I only say that because at the end of the day it is a jury of 6 that makes the decisions. 

9 shots, though.

i understand 1 shot if you actually believe you saw a gun.

but 9 shots, that's damn near the whole clip depending on his gun.

Back
Top Bottom