Flight (2012) - Trailer - Denzel Washington,Don Cheadle,John Goodman

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

For a minute I thought Captain Sully Sullenberger asked for Denzel to portray him
laugh.gif

This looks good.

Me too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Movie looks good, will be watching. 

After mediocre movies like Unstoppable and Phelan 123, Denzel and Denzel alone won't generate interest from me.  It also has to be a decent movie/plot.  

Saw the film & really enjoyed it. How can you go wrong with Zemeckis, Denzel, & Cheadle. Great role for Denzel because there is so much moral ambiguity in his character...

Last edited:
Saw the movie today. Denzel KILLED IT. The movie was amazing.

His character goes to some dark places with his alcoholism and this wasn't the type of movie I was expecting, but it was incredible. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is comparable to some of Denzel's best performances. I won't spoil anything, but it gets pretty intense by the time the movie hits its resolution near the end.

Last edited:
Cannot wait to see this movie! One of my most anticipated of the year. Glad to read about Denzel. Hopefully he gets a nomination at least. and Zemeckis doing his thing! love his movies!

Saw it last night and it def waant what I was expecting. Denzels character stressed me out in the movie tho lol. I enjoyed it.

Denzel and Cheadle in one film? :pimp:

Saw this today and it was phenomenal. Enjoyed every minute of it. Denzel's character is pretty dark. Didn't expect him to do what he did in the courtroom towards the end.

I saw this last night..I thought it was over the top in certain parts especially when Goodman walked in :lol:

Denzel gave a pretty good performance..I wanted him to quick drinkin throughout the movie when he knew what he was doing was wrong..but that's part of being an alcoholic..you have a problem but don't wanna admit it until you have told so many lies about your drinkin problem..

Overall I give the movie a B+..i didn't think Cheadle's performance was all that special..he's almost forgettable in this..the Red Head Heroin addict is pretty good in this..i liked her role..then she left..great move by her..she wanted to move on with her sober life something Denzel could not do until he admitted his problem in the end..

Saw it Friday and movie was great.

Denzel = GOAT

033.gif

This film was extremely well done. The first film by Denzel in quite some time that was in a class of its own. I admit that I have not seen many of the high caliber films that just released (Argo, Cloud Atlas ect....) However, this film is the best I have seen this year thus far and second isn't even close.

The films opening sequence is among one of the best I have seen in a movie theater. The strength is in the details, the subtle human elements that were caught so well by the director, and given so well by the cast. Denzel is the only one who could have played whip so well. Don Cheadle is better than I've ever seen him, and Goodman despite the high standard I have for him as an actor- overachieves.

As far as the biggest critique of the film that I am hearing out there is with the lack of explanation about why Denzel drinks, and even more so the lack of context to who he is as a person. I feel those who say this are missing one of the key points of the film. Not even denzel knows who he is, so how are we supposed to see his true self? Also, although we don't see why his drinking started, we do see why it didn't. It didn't start because of his family, as we are shown glimpses of his upbringing which all point to happiness, and it certainly doesn't have to do with his family. The underlying theme being addiction can sometimes be arbitrary, as many diseases are.

The best scene in the film for me was the hallway scene with a dying patient, looking at two individuals blessed with a second chance. There is as much honesty in that scene than I have seen in film for some time.

Denzel gets my imaginary Oscar vote, and Don should certainly get a nomination.

Last edited:
How noone is mentioning the first 5 minutes of the film though....easily the best opening to a movie I've ever watched...

Dat gap...my man Denzel got a clearrrrr view of that woman's P from the best view possible when she bent over...

Back
Top Bottom