flea market/ tall tee appreciation

" Your white tee to me looks like a nightgown, make your mama proud take that thang two sizes down"- Andre 3k
glasses.gif

I wear Large from alot of Streetwear companies (10 Deep, Crooks & Castle, etc..) and I'm like 5'7 140 no way anyone 6 ft could be wearing a large.Hell I wear Galaxy White tees in a Large and they fit perfect and dont look "baggy".

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

been posted

Originally Posted by CtJordanFiend

" Your white tee to me looks like a nightgown, make your mama proud take that thang two sizes down"- Andre 3k
glasses.gif
been posted

southzeztpdot wrote:

I wear Large from alot of Streetwear companies (10 Deep, Crooks & Castle, etc..) and I'm like 5'7 140 no way anyone 6 ft could be wearing a large. Hell I wear Galaxy White tees in a Large and they fit perfect and dont look "baggy".
at least somebody got some sense lol

and I agree with the trendhopper comment. If you been rockin the polos all your dam life, I dont have nothing against you but dudes who changed it up and tryto drop knowledge on me when it comes to fashion get a straight
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

glasses.gif

That quote is green. We're not out here dressing to impress our grandmamas and mamas. Andre 3k is not what's good in the streets. If you're takingfashion advice from him, then....
eyes.gif

andre-3000.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I never did the tall t thing but still rock jean shorts every once in a while. You dude's need to relax with the fasion police !+!......When you get on theview you can get back at it.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

I dont just wear a tall tee to look like I be gang banging hahaha

but yo im 6 foot and wear a 2XL or 3XL, they reach to like my elbows (wish they were a lil longer in the sleeves) and reach just over my kneecape
You're 6ft that isn't even really that tall. You should be wearing a regular LARGE sized tee at the most depending on your bodytype.

Ya'll seriously need to go in to a dressing room one day and actually try on more than one size of a shirt/pants.
Looking like a shapeless wirehanger ain't a good look.
unless you have shoulders like a female..a 6ft tall dude wearing a LARGE would fit small on him. not the width but the length. Some dudes dontlike they belly button leave that to the females.
eyes.gif

glasses.gif
indifferent.gif
Had to be one of the worst 3 Stacks quotes ever.

look at old pics of chuck d, rakim, or even micheal jordan. they all wore clothes that fit. some of those clothes were almost too small. that"homosexuals started the small clothes thing" is ridiculous. the fact is that, people wear tall t's and clothes way too big for them becausethey're following some fad. we've all followed some fad at some point, so i cant clown. either way, flea markets ftw. tall tees are a fail unlessyou're tall.

Originally Posted by wrukus

look at old pics of chuck d, rakim, or even micheal jordan. they all wore clothes that fit. some of those clothes were almost too small. that "homosexuals started the small clothes thing" is ridiculous. the fact is that, people wear tall t's and clothes way too big for them because they're following some fad. we've all followed some fad at some point, so i cant clown. either way, flea markets ftw. tall tees are a fail unless you're tall.

eyes.gif
because the trends where inspired from michael jordan, chuck d, andrakim because they are ALL such fashion trendsetters.

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Tall Tees and jean shorts =
sick.gif

OP stuck in 04
roll.gif

I would rather be stuck in 04 than followin trends and switchin it up actin like I never did what aint hot at the moment. If I ever stop pullin chicks then I might switch it up, but til then Im straight
glasses.gif
(hater blockers lol)

this is probably one of the best statments in 7-8 pages of mostly dumb statements. alot of the dudes on here need to look at pics of themselves from 3-4 yearsago. truthfully change is good and switching it up can be a good thing, but why force it and wear something you really don't like. i like many others onhere wore tall tees but as i got older i just realized this stuff looks to damn big on me. i personally can't do some of the current stuff, skinny jeans,tight shirts because its not me, if i'm out of sense fashion wise oh well. i wear my stuff to fit me and have a little breathing room but i'm nottrying to swim in my clothes in either. i get amused because ive been collecting jerseys for got knows how long know and i get the, "smh you still wearjerseys jokes" from my friends. i could care less because i'm buying what i like, it sucks i had to get rid of or get most of my collection alteredbecause i want everything to fit in my actual size as opposed to the jumbo sized stuff i got before but you live and you learn.

it seems like its either one or the other extreme with fashion, wearing xxxxxxl clothes was once hot and now wearing xxxxxx medium is hot. truthfullykeeping it in the midde > extra tight or extra baggy.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

but yo im 6 foot and wear a 2XL or 3XL, they reach to like my elbows (wish they were a lil longer in the sleeves) and reach just over my kneecape
You're 6ft that isn't even really that tall. You should be wearing a regular LARGE sized tee at the most depending on your bodytype.

Ya'll seriously need to go in to a dressing room one day and actually try on more than one size of a shirt/pants.
unless you have shoulders like a female..a 6ft tall dude wearing a LARGE would fit small on him. not the width but the length. Some dudes dont like they belly button leave that to the females.
eyes.gif
Ok this is just dumb. My brother is 6 ft 175, in pretty good shape and wears a size medium/large. Nobody has once said that his clothing fitstightly...and his belly button has never stuck out.

It's one thing for you to defend your fashion sense by saying that you wear what you like to, and stuff like that...but saying u won't wear clothesthat fit properly (and don't look too deep into the word properly...u know what i mean) because of reasons like that is just dumb.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

unless you have shoulders like a female..a 6ft tall dude wearing a LARGE would fit small on him. not the width but the length. Some dudes dont like they belly button leave that to the females.
eyes.gif
Ok this is just dumb. My brother is 6 ft 175, in pretty good shape and wears a size medium/large. Nobody has once said that his clothing fits tightly...and his belly button has never stuck out.

It's one thing for you to defend your fashion sense by saying that you wear what you like to, and stuff like that...but saying u won't wear clothes that fit properly (and don't look too deep into the word properly...u know what i mean) because of reasons like that is just dumb.

you make a good point, however imo i think theres a big difference in wearing proper fitted clothes and wearing tight a$s clothes. clothes that fit you lookgood, but wearing something 3 sizes too tight on you looks almost as bad as wearing something 3 sizes too big on you.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

look at old pics of chuck d, rakim, or even micheal jordan. they all wore clothes that fit. some of those clothes were almost too small. that "homosexuals started the small clothes thing" is ridiculous. the fact is that, people wear tall t's and clothes way too big for them because they're following some fad. we've all followed some fad at some point, so i cant clown. either way, flea markets ftw. tall tees are a fail unless you're tall.

eyes.gif
because the trends where inspired from michael jordan, chuck d, and rakim because they are ALL such fashion trendsetters.
michael jordan started the baggy basketball shorts trend....

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Tall Tees and jean shorts =
sick.gif

OP stuck in 04
roll.gif

I would rather be stuck in 04 than followin trends and switchin it up actin like I never did what aint hot at the moment. If I ever stop pullin chicks then I might switch it up, but til then Im straight
glasses.gif
(hater blockers lol)

this is probably one of the best statments in 7-8 pages of mostly dumb statements. alot of the dudes on here need to look at pics of themselves from 3-4 years ago. truthfully change is good and switching it up can be a good thing, but why force it and wear something you really don't like. i like many others on here wore tall tees but as i got older i just realized this stuff looks to damn big on me. i personally can't do some of the current stuff, skinny jeans, tight shirts because its not me, if i'm out of sense fashion wise oh well. i wear my stuff to fit me and have a little breathing room but i'm not trying to swim in my clothes in either. i get amused because ive been collecting jerseys for got knows how long know and i get the, "smh you still wear jerseys jokes" from my friends. i could care less because i'm buying what i like, it sucks i had to get rid of or get most of my collection altered because i want everything to fit in my actual size as opposed to the jumbo sized stuff i got before but you live and you learn.

it seems like its either one or the other extreme with fashion, wearing xxxxxxl clothes was once hot and now wearing xxxxxx medium is hot. truthfully keeping it in the midde > extra tight or extra baggy.

Thank you for that. One of he few sensible people in here. Ive never in my life worn anything tight. I mean I rememberwearing a polo that I borrowed from my dad in middle school and the sleeves almost reached my elbows and I felt like it was so tight I couldnt breathe. Ialways worn relatively baggy stuff, its just what I like. I dont understand how the hell people can feel comfortable in shirts where the shoulder seem is atthe end of your colorbone and the sleeves barely cover your shoulder let alone the biceps.

Yes I wear my stuff real baggy and my pants hang below my +#+ but listen up everybody, that doesnt mean I dont know how to dress. I mean how you think I gothired on the spot for my job or how you think I dress if Im going out to some real nice place. Ill throw on a dam tailored suit and be
pimp.gif
, theres a time and place for almosteverything - there aint never a time or a place for XXS or skinny jeans, unless you 3 foot 2. real talk

Kanye is just weird, he proves it in that video man.

eyes.gif
I just sold a blazer to a customer in size large/40R, he was about 6'1-6'2 180-195. It fit him perfectly and he wasn't some lanky dude either, average weight looks wise. It seems some of you guys just really don't know what sizes you are or supposed to be. I mean, 5'7 140lbs wearing a large? You must be swimming in your clothes.
A blazer and a t-shirt are two different things, a blazer wont shrink on you in the wash. Quick question what brands of clothing do you wear?

my man...unless ur really tall or really fat...for most people wearing 3 sizes below you doesn't exist.

If ur an actual size small as in a size small if what properly fits your shoulders, chest, goes down low enough to ab midway of the zipper on ur jeans, etc...

3 sizes below you doesn't exist.

If ur an actual medium

3 sizes below you doesn't exist

If ur an actual large

3 sizes below you doesn't exist

I agree with you that if a person who's supposed to wear XL clothing somehow manages to fit into a size small would like a complete clown. But that reallynever happens. I mean...the clothes would probably rip
laugh.gif

I do agree people who are supposed to wear a large that squeeze into smalls look like fools, people who are supposed to wear XL puttin on a medium, etc...butwearing fitted by my standards which i described above is how clothes should be worn. And depending on your preference of clothing, or the way the top looks onyou, going up or down one size from your true size is cool in my book too, even though I don't do that.

eyes.gif
I just sold a blazer to a customer in size large/40R, he was about 6'1-6'2 180-195. It fit him perfectly and he wasn't some lanky dude either, average weight looks wise. It seems some of you guys just really don't know what sizes you are or supposed to be. I mean, 5'7 140lbs wearing a large? You must be swimming in your clothes.
A blazer and a t-shirt are two different things, a blazer wont shrink on you in the wash. Quick question what brands of clothing do you wear?
T-shirts even when they shrink, once you start wearing them again, they stretch right back out. At least for the ones I have.

Brands I wear ranges from Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, Club Monaco, Zara, Rugby, Uniqlo, H&M, Brooks Brothers, AA(sometimes, because their quality is really iffy), and maybe Gap/BR if they have something that really catches my eye.
And here is where the problem lies. I wear street wear clothing that runs smaller than those companies and usually not up the the quality of theones you listed.

wouldnt street wear run big?

and none of my t shirts stretch when I wear them, I dont see how that could happen unless theyre skin tight....

on a side note Im wearin a XXXL champs shirt right now and it feals really short and chunky after wearing the tall tees I copped for the last couple of days...

fieldmob.jpg

that polo is almost what I would call fitted. Maybe one size smaller, but anything even smaller than that would be tight in my opinion. Not sure if we all have the same definition for these words...

eyes.gif
because the trends where inspired from michael jordan, chuck d, and rakim because they are ALL such fashion trendsetters.
not sure what you're getting at. maybe you didnt understand what i was saying. i was pointing out that there was a time when everyone woreclothes that fit. i just used some people that i've seen in old school pictures recently. so there was a time when wearing overly baggy stuff was not thenorm. i'm 32 years old, so i remember those days. i wasnt saying those people were "all such fashion trendsetters" even though they did setsome trends. no one considered them gay for wearing the right size clothes. you put some clowns on tv with some baggy costumes on and everybody eats it up. anyway, saying that clothes that fit arent street or are gay is a ridiculous statement. i remember when kris kros came out and dudes was wearing their clothesbackwards. that was TRENDY just like tall tees are now.

Back
Top Bottom