Flat footed brethren rejoice | Running

The Beast is a good shoe and all, but it's more of a walking shoe than running because it's so heavy from the extra materials built into the shoe for added support. If the Adrenaline isn't enough for you, I recommend putting an insole in there.

Wow, so that's why my shoes look like that :smh:
I always thought it was from not picking up my feet, it probably is, but flat footedness added to it >:
View media item 320735

As well, here are some photos of my foot. Warning - A foot.

Also, do you guys also have, I guess I could say, pressure points in your foot? Mine cause holes in my insoles!
It even went through the converse insole entirely, which is about a quarter-inch thick.
You can see in my foot photo, it is callus in the spot where the holes are made in the insoles.
View media item 320741

That's what happens when you wear those 1s and Converses, shoes with flat *** midsoles and no cushioning.

The Beast is a good shoe and all, but it's more of a walking shoe than running because it's so heavy from the extra materials built into the shoe for added support. If the Adrenaline isn't enough for you, I recommend putting an insole in there
Nah man, come on. I did a whole bunch of research on the shoes before I purchased them they're definitely intended for runners and and while I acknowledge they're a bit on the bulky side it's not to the point where it makes a big difference and the best part is they can be used casually and are extremely sturdy as well. I can honestly say to date I haven't found any thing more comfortable. 

Wow, so that's why my shoes look like that
mean.gif

I always thought it was from not picking up my feet, it probably is, but flat footedness added to it
mad.gif

As well, here are some photos of my foot. Warning - A foot.Also, do you guys also have, I guess I could say, pressure points in your foot? Mine cause holes in my insoles!
It even went through the converse insole entirely, which is about a quarter-inch thick.
You can see in my foot photo, it is callus in the spot where the holes are made in the insoles.
Damn son! I think yours might be even worse then mine.... and mine are pretty bad......If I was you i'd try to stay away from shoes that got no support like chucks, vans, etc. I have a few pairs myself and understand when you like something you usually like it no matter how bad it is for you but I usually opt for sneakers that have some sort of support for my arches.

People who say don't use frees if you're flat footed are kind of silly. While they aren't generally good for people that are out of shape and people who are just getting into running, they can definitely provide a level of support from your own body because you will use more of your foot in the end compared to a heavy pronation shoe like a kayano, trance, beast, etc.

It depends on how much you actually overpronate to determine the level of support you need. Running in neutral shoes like Pegasus, nimbus, etc will be one of the worst decisions for you if your gait doesn't fall in line with them.

A lot of the running stores are smoke and mirrors but there definitely are knowledgable people that care about getting people's feet fixed and feel good.

Speaking of arch support, don't get something that has a high arch if you're flat footed. Shoes and insoles that are made with high arches are specifically made for people WITH high arches so if you're digging that into your already low arch it's only going to hurt you in the long run.

Something flat and stiff but still providing impact protection is generally the way to go. I was always a fan of the brooks trance when I still wore "supportive" shoes but ever since switching to frees and vibrams my body hasn't needed to depend on the support from the shoes as much.

Don't be fooled by cushion PLEASE. Too much cushion can trick you. Imagine it's like running on sand. Do you want to run on wet sand or dry sand? Don't make your foot/body do more work than it has to!

Goodbye.

I use Spencos orthotic supports and they are pretty good for me.

http://spenco.com/

I have also worn a pair of these as well.  New Balance 587.  If you need a good running shoe, it works well.  Shop around for a good price.

Last edited:
http://niketalk.com/t/506403/nt-run...t-feet-bad-arches-over-pronator-bad-ankles-ok

Hey everyone. Theres another post I made a few months ago on the same subject. Great info here, great info there too.

Since that post I bought the

Kahru Fast 4 fulcrum

http://www.karhu.com/fast4-fulcrum-cloud-cherry.html#.UUhsoxdwjQQ

I love them. Super light. I tried on the Nike Free (2nd choice) and a pair of NB. The Kahru felt the lightest and most comfortable.

Also bought a pair of superfeet to insert.

http://www.superfeet.com/products/Orange.aspx

I can honestly say I'm able to run for longer periods of time and I don't have much cramping, if any, after runs anymore.

Last edited:
Oh and I thought I was an overpronator. The salesman at the running store didn't think I was when he watched me walk around a bit. I'd def hit up a running store just to get a second opinion if anything.

I've had multiple ankle/foot surgeries too. My foot feels better with the support of the super feet.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you wear those 1s and Converses, shoes with flat *** midsoles and no cushioning.

Have to agree with this. I always advised parents not to get Converse, Dunks, vulcanized sole kicks and other retro-type sneakers for their kids solely (no pun intended) for this reason.

I use Free Run 2's....I love them and have had no problem with pain even with my flat feet.

Brooks Beast are Cool, i'm currently running w/ a pair...but they are a bit bulky and heavy. Sometime to much cushion is bad for you also ...The best pair of running sneakers i ever had were the green monster Asics they issued me when i was in bootcamp in the marine corps. could never find out which model Asics they were
ohwell.gif
. Also irecommend Saucony shoes, they make good stuff also.

I think all free runs are trash for running.

Asics and brooks most definitely make the best running shoes

I think all free runs are trash for running.

Asics and brooks most definitely make the best running shoes

How are Free Runs trash when bascially all they are is a flexible midsole that promotes proper form when running?

I guess you believe barefoot movement is trash too?

Free's aren't for everyone, but they aren't TRASH by any means. Just because it says "Asics" or "Brooks" doesn't make it good just in the same way it says "Nike" doesn't mean it's good.

Frees are trash imo because most of the people that come into my store to buy shoes aren't experienced runners, yet they are pulled towards frees due to them being popular.

A lot of these people need shoes with more stability and support. Hell, a Lunarglide is more appropriate for them.

The people that usually know about the barefoot movement and are looking for something like that are experienced. Theres other shoe companies with more "barefoot" type of shoes,

Now in my personal opinion, I need something with A LOT more support and stability than a free. Lunarglides are ok due to the simple fact that I don't do much cardio. If I did however I would prefer some Asics Kayano 19

Frees are trash imo because most of the people that come into my store to buy shoes aren't experienced runners, yet they are pulled towards frees due to them being popular.

A lot of these people need shoes with more stability and support. Hell, a Lunarglide is more appropriate for them.

The people that usually know about the barefoot movement and are looking for something like that are experienced. Theres other shoe companies with more "barefoot" type of shoes,

Now in my personal opinion, I need something with A LOT more support and stability than a free. Lunarglides are ok due to the simple fact that I don't do much cardio. If I did however I would prefer some Asics Kayano 19

People like that make working in running retail great. That's when you use your knowledge to find out why they want this shoe and what they are really looking for in a running shoe.

If they just like neon colors and want to look cool, that's fine. But you just said they're trash because people come in wanting them because their popular, not because of any actual flaws in the shoe and without giving any praise to the shoe at all. IMO, the closer can get to proper midfoot stance then i'm down. If it's a free, NB, vibram, whatever other companies push that I will continue to try and educate people that need it and hopefully help reduce an injury or two. :wink:

How are Free Runs trash when bascially all they are is a flexible midsole that promotes proper form when running?

I guess you believe barefoot movement is trash too?

Free's aren't for everyone, but they aren't TRASH by any means. Just because it says "Asics" or "Brooks" doesn't make it good just in the same way it says "Nike" doesn't mean it's good.
Because your foot isn't going to roll into a ball the way the Frees do. Ever heard of plantar fasciatus? Shin splints? That's what happens when you run in shoes that don't provide enough support.

Because your foot isn't going to roll into a ball the way the Frees do. Ever heard of plantar fasciatus? Shin splints? That's what happens when you run in shoes that don't provide enough support.

Um, no. Not familiar with that.

Your foot doesn't need to roll into a ball, it needs to be closer to the ground and towards the front of your foot.

Hell, Nike is the main problem people run the incorrect way because of damn air bags.

so Free's are trash as a running shoe because they're popular? that doesn't make sense.

What does the popularity of a shoe (and the unwanted fanboys who buy them) have to do with the technical aspects of a shoe for running?

Didn't want to stir up any arguments, just looking for a good running shoe :lol:
Which is the lightest pair you guys have ran in?

I tried on a pair of Brooks Beast's a few years ago and they just seemed really heavy and clunky to me. I might have to give them a try through one of these places that lets you try them out for a certain amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom