FIXED GEARS

has anyone ever bought from bikes direct?

i just ordered a bike and i hope it actually comes through. none of that oh we're sold out at the last minute crap

Originally Posted by mjbetch

has anyone ever bought from bikes direct?

i just ordered a bike and i hope it actually comes through. none of that oh we're sold out at the last minute crap
they've got a good rep.  plenty of people i know got their mercier's from them.

^ same here. all my friends ordered their mercier's off there.

i actually just ordered my pk ripper from there and should be here tmorrow. hella exciteddd.

Originally Posted by innovazn2

anyone cop that walmart mongoose?

probably not a good idea. you'd be way better off buying a bike from bikesdirect or cl.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by justinvincent

1563e41.jpg

Crappy pic of my bike

info on those bars?
They look like Syntace stratos bull horns. they have different degrees of angles.
They are Nitto RB021's

first fixed-wheel, took about 2.5 hrs to put together with the help of a buddy -- still need grips for my handlebars

Is the frame to big for you?

Otherwise your seat post is way too low. Not bad for a first bike, but get some clips and straps asap.

just snapped my sugino rd crank arm drive train side and my sinz chainring =[ just copped some sugino rd II messengers
tumblr_l6y98qgP621qzhlr9o1_500.jpg

frame is 57cm, im tryin it out without the clips to see how it is then imma add some on.

im 5'7, my next wheel set is gonna be some 650cc, I can't even 180 barspin in the front.

im 5'7, my next wheel set is gonna be some 650cc, I can't even 180 barspin in the front.

could someone recommend me a good beginner Fixed Gear?
I want to start riding fixed, I ride an old mountain bike that is kinda of on it's last legs (gear shifter is messed up and it stays in second gear...)

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by innovazn2

anyone cop that walmart mongoose?

probably not a good idea. you'd be way better off buying a bike from bikesdirect or cl.
lol i did
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

can't really give much of a review for it now since i just rode it once for a couple of mins and took it apart since i have no space right now. riding my old bike to work first. it was the last one in the store and it came assembled so it was on a freewheel.

i'm gonna try riding it for a whole day tomorrow though if i got time and i'll let you guys know how it turns out

Originally Posted by DimSum9

@ 5'7" you should not be riding a size 57 frame, you should be riding around a 53.
And since you brought up barspins, most people who do tricks size down on their frame too.

Who told you to get a 57? Was it just a guess?

Back
Top Bottom