Five Guys Burgers and Fries Review Vol. oh my goodness oh my damb

If we had a neg function, I'd use up my daily limit for the next 10 years and neg all you fools that cosigned this trash.

Just had it for the first time after reading this thread, and this **** is straight buns. 

We paid damn near $25 bucks for the both of us and **** isn't even worth eating for free. 

The burger at the Pelican on Ocean Drive tho, 
eek.gif

smokin.gif
. By far the best burger I've ever had.

Shake Shack doesn't get much mention in these threads. I love their food.

Bare Burger :smokin I love trying all those different meats (pause), ostrich, elk, and buffalo are pretty good. Never been to 5 Napkin Burger though, is it that good? I walk by it all the time in Astoria.[/quote]
I always walk past 5 Napkins also whenever I go to Beer Garden. A few people have told me they have the best burgers they've ever eaten. I'll try it one of these days.

Tried this once and never again. The burger was good but the amount of fries they serve is ridiculous and I couldn't finish it. Guess the expensive price is for more fries
You're like the only person i've ever seen complain about a place giving you too many fries. Weird.

anyone heard of or try smash burger? :nerd: they just opened one up a lil bit away from me but i might take a drive to try it

Five Guys is a good place to eat... I'm not going to say it's bad.

But I didn't get that crazy hype like the first time I had Chipotle. I still get Chip like two times a week, and I consider it easily the best fast food place in almost any category. Come at me.

Five Guys is a good place to eat... I'm not going to say it's bad.

But I didn't get that crazy hype like the first time I had Chipotle. I still get Chip like two times a week, and I consider it easily the best fast food place in almost any category. Come at me.

im not coming at you but i think a lot of people LOVE Chipotle lol i dont do burritos or w/e so i cant say yes or no but i know my brother LOVES the place and so do his friends

The Habit and In n Out> Five Guys.

The Habit is horribly overrated.

Never tried Five guys. I'll try it next time I'm in Northridge, and that burger didn't look small from what I saw in the video.

You're not doing it right if you don't order a grilled cheese sandwich plus add your patty(patties) and toppings. Think of it as a sourdough burger or patty melt. I tried it once and haven't had the regular burger since. I'm tellin all you guys. Try this version of FG and I'm sure you'll change your minds. I usually order the grilled cheese, add 1/2 patties, bacon, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, mustard/ketchup

You can see how they grill the bread. You're looking at the "inside" part of the bun.

This pic doesn't show a GC w/ a patty, but just wanted to show you how the bread looks when grilled just right.

In N' Out > 5 Guys

I can't compare In-N-Out and FG. To me it's like comparing apples and oranges. I can still have INO any day of the week and when I want a more "homecooked" tasting burger, I'll hit up FG. I'll tell you one thing, I'd rather have INO or FG before I'll EVER go back to Umami Burger. ughhh.. smh

You're not doing it right if you don't order a grilled cheese sandwich plus add your patty(patties) and toppings. Think of it as a sourdough burger or patty melt. I tried it once and haven't had the regular burger since. I'm tellin all you guys. Try this version of FG and I'm sure you'll change your minds. I usually order the grilled cheese, add 1/2 patties, bacon, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, mustard/ketchup

You can see how they grill the bread. You're looking at the "inside" part of the bun.

This pic doesn't show a GC w/ a patty, but just wanted to show you how the bread looks when grilled just right.

I can't compare In-N-Out and FG. To me it's like comparing apples and oranges. I can still have INO any day of the week and when I want a more "homecooked" tasting burger, I'll hit up FG. I'll tell you one thing, I'd rather have INO or FG before I'll EVER go back to Umami Burger. ughhh.. smh

That looks like a heart attack waiting to happen :x

Yo i was reading a book on holistic nutrition and apparently the red meat/peanut/peanut oil combination is akin to a slow death. I immediately thought of 5 guys and then decided not to eat there ever again. It was good while it lasted though, I aint eemgonnalie.

Overrated burgers, I agree with that other guy SMash burger is better and their sweet potato fries are the bomb

5 Guys burgers are good :pimp: but price is too dang high imo :smh:

I could eat 2 in one sitting but the thought of spending close to $20 is :x

Last edited:
Still haven't had a chance to try it, maybe tomorrow and do that grilled cheese thing homies above said. :smokin

The Habit and In n Out> Five Guys.
The Habit is horribly overrated.

To be fair, I have to try The Habit a few more times to give it a fair comparison.

Free toppings is a cool concept but I can't eem get chili peppers with my burger at 5G which I don't like. And although the concept of the grilled cheese style burger looks interesting and worth trying, the patties in the pic just look dry and overcooked. IMO a place that specializes in burgers should be able to cook them to perfection consistently. I want to see some pink in that money shot.

Last edited:
To be fair, I have to try The Habit a few more times to give it a fair comparison.

Free toppings is a cool concept but I can't eem get chili peppers with my burger at 5G which I don't like. And although the concept of the grilled cheese style burger looks interesting and worth trying, the patties in the pic just look dry and overcooked. IMO a place that specializes in burgers should be able to cook them to perfection consistently. I want to see some pink in that money shot.

You are on your own with that pink burger meat. I'm not trying to die from food poisoning.

Last edited:
I'm trying 5 Guys next weekend (pause). I understand the price may be :x but it's worth trying at least once.

Last edited:
Tried it yesterday, i thought it was good. Pricey? yea a lil but whatever. I'd eat there again no problem. Still not sure if i like it more than in n out

IN-N-OUT is the G.O.A.T.
I hear good things about Shake Shack.
Havent tried 5 Guys since they dont have one in San Francisco but In-N-Out is the truth. From the pictures of 5 Guys it looks like a clone of In-N-Out, just more expensive. But I'm not knocking it til I try it. When I was visiting Miami, they had this place called Steak N Shake that was legit also.

Back
Top Bottom