First time watcher: The Wire (Wrapping up Season 3).

Man THE WIRE is that show!
Season 4 is some of the best television of all time!
That show never gets old 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

^ Cool pic.

I didn't think String was too evil.
Stringer's downfall wasn't that he was "evil" per se.. he only cared about himself and was too greedy for his own good. 

Originally Posted by mco85

I'm kind of jealous of people who are just starting to watch this show. I miss waiting for the next episode!

I'm tryna go 5 years without watching an episode and start all over, hopefully I will have forgotten most of it lol

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Show was great. The last season did drag. And to me the show never resolved but maybe that was what they were going for.

Life isn't resolvable. 
 I recently re-watched Season 3. Great season. "What did I tell you about playin' them away games!?" 

I've seen every season at least 3 times. This is one show that never ceases to teach while still being entertaining. I don't think I can ever get tired of this show. It's beyond television for me.

A great, GREAT show indeed. Way to (finally) get around to some quality television, OP.

I think the problem with most peoples' expectations going in is the mentality they get from CSI, L&O, etc. with everything neatly resolved in one hour. With The Wire, everything unfolds via a slow burn. And even though it's hard to choose just one, IMO Omar Little was one of the most interesting characters in tv history.

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

The Shield is better television.

This. The way they solve the crimes in one episode which takes the course of 1-2 (maybe 3) days in 45 minutes is much more realistic and plausible than The Wire where it takes an entire season spanning months and years for one or more seasons.
I'll agree with you on this point: The Shield is better television for the masses, due to the fact it's fast-paced, and everything is wrapped up in a nice little hour-long package wit a pretty bow

But your notion that shows like The Shield are more realistic because of your reasoning, is absolutely absurd.

Anyone else feel that Chris was kinda gay for Micheal. I mean the way he offed old dude for Mike, it was a crime of passion if anything.
Now he could have done it also due to the fact that hes been through something similar in his life and knew what Mike was feeling.

But throughout the whole series, he never argued or gave Mike any !%$@ unlike snoop or marlo.

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

Anyone else feel that Chris was kinda gay for Micheal. I mean the way he offed old dude for Mike, it was a crime of passion if anything.
Now he could have done it also due to the fact that hes been through something similar in his life and knew what Mike was feeling.

But throughout the whole series, he never argued or gave Mike any !%$@ unlike snoop or marlo.

Chris was a true definition of a soldier and I think he saw alot of comparisons between Mike and him. I think he saw the potential in Mike unlike some of the other folks running with Marlo's crew. He was trying to defend him when Marlo wanted to put a hit out on Mike.

Chris related to Michael because he had also experienced some form of sexual molestation thus why he was so violent during that hit.

there's 2 different ways to view that scene..

A. a customer knowingly shoplifting a trivial item for the hell of it because he knows he is being watched by a honest working security guard.

B. the new head of West Baltimore knowingly shoplifting a trivial item for the hell of it because nobody can do a damn thing about it. More importantly, they shouldn't because they should know their place.

Marlo kept saying "You want it to be one way." Security guard wants it to be situation A. "But it's the other way."

The most important thing to Marlo Stanfield is his name; to be respected and feared by all.

Season 4 is the greatest work of art ever created. Better than any book, play, musical piece, painting ever made.

Season 2 gets a bad rap only because it's different and doesn't focus on all the characters we love. If it was actually season 1 instead I think it would be looked at differently.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Chris related to Michael because he had also experienced some form of sexual molestation thus why he was so violent during that hit.

A. a customer knowingly shoplifting a trivial item for the hell of it because he knows he is being watched by a honest working security guard.

B. the new head of West Baltimore knowingly shoplifting a trivial item for the hell of it because nobody can do a damn thing about it. More importantly, they shouldn't because they should know their place.

Marlo kept saying "You want it to be one way." Security guard wants it to be situation A. "But it's the other way."

The most important thing to Marlo Stanfield is his name; to be respected and feared by all.
This is why I will always appreciate the "Greek"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by xblaze23

This is why I will always appreciate the "Greek"
pimp.gif
QFT dude did not give a single damb about being feared or anything he was just trying to get his.

On another note he is probably the smartest person out of all the non cops because he hadthe right people behind his back and once he felt the heat from the feds he just dipped with all his $$$

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...real talk, its only pawns that dont understand season 2. you gotta be a Boss type to truely get into season 2. word to:

"did he have hands?, did he have a face?, then it wasnt us"
pimp.gif

"he knows my name, but my name, is not my name"
pimp.gif

"and of course, i am not even greek"
pimp.gif

I hated season 2 at first, but now I love it. The "Greek's" way of thinking is what kept him out of jail all that time. He was the anti-Marlo/Avon of the show.

...."The Greek" was a real BOSS who trumped an Avon and a Marlo. word to blue paint pellets:

PDVD_035.JPG

....."The Greek" was the most gangster on the entire series if you listen to what he's saying/doing. pawns dont/wont understand it though. Colvin even speaks on this in season 4.

woah woah......he was the greek? i thought it was the other old man...i mean i know this dude was in it but %!*

A youtube comment:

Marlo: "My name is my name."

Spiros Vondas: "My name is not my name."

Perfectly summarizes the two groups. Marlo is all about street cred, whereas Vondas and the Greek are all about profit.

pimp.gif

How dope is that? The writing on this show.... 10/10

Damn you RaWeX you got me again, with my own weapon!

Stringer's downfall wasn't that he was "evil" per se.. he only cared about himself and was too greedy for his own good. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You really think so? I don't even think he was that greedy. I think all of the measures he made had to be made in order to run a business properly. Even killing D. If he was so greedy and self-centered he would have just lied to Avon about D...but instead he told the truth and tried to enlighten Avon on how they don't ever need to touch any dirty money anymore, and that they had finally made it. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avon was too narrow-minded and entrapped in the systematic limitations of the game, while Stringer saw the big picture of things.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway about to start season 4 now since i'm off from work, the gym, and it's raining. Just gonna spark up and relax and go see a Tycho show later.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Favorite quotes thus far:[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There you go, givin' a !$@# when it ain't your turn to"[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase, all in the game though."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The King stay the King!"[/font]

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

I hated season 2 at first, but now I love it. The "Greek's" way of thinking is what kept him out of jail all that time. He was the anti-Marlo/Avon of the show.

...."The Greek" was a real BOSS who trumped an Avon and a Marlo. word to blue paint pellets:

PDVD_035.JPG

....."The Greek" was the most gangster on the entire series if you listen to what he's saying/doing. pawns dont/wont understand it though. Colvin even speaks on this in season 4.

woah woah......he was the greek? i thought it was the other old man...i mean i know this dude was in it but %!*

...nah man,
laugh.gif

....i was pointing out how much more 'gangster' it is to have a Fed on the payroll, as well as how much clout one must have to be able to sacrafice an entire Columbian shipment of cocaine. so much cocaine that the tipped off agent himself was shocked at the size. while he was looking for the cocaine 'hidden' within the shipment, come to find out the shipment IS the shipment
laugh.gif

^ THAT trumps any Avon, Marlo, Stringer, or Prop Joe fictional or in real life. but it takes one with a BOSS mentality to understand that. which is where those looking for that season 1 or 3 street fix could get it by paying close attention to The Greek.

the comparison between Marlo's and Spiros' quote is way too awesome. The show really does depict the games inside of the real "game" of life so well.

Back
Top Bottom