First look: Air jordan retro 7 "Year of the Rabbit"

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Yo Memphis, with access to all those pairs, why didn't you help some NTers?? You could have made some decent money and helped all the dudes in here that had no shot.

Not taking shots at you, just curious.
BECAUSE FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN ON NIKETALK OVER THE YEARS I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY HELP FROM ANY NIKETALKER EVER. NOT EVEN FROM THE ONES WHO PEOPLE SAY "HOOK OTHERS UP". YOU DO A FAVOR AND THOSE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WILL RETURN THE FAVOR WILL SHUN YOU, IGNORE YOUR PM'S, OR HIT YOU WITH THE "SORRY MAN, I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF FAM AND OTHER PEOPLE FIRST." COME RELEASE DAY ESPECIALLY ON LIMITED RELEASES.

I HAD TO TAKE IT UPON MYSELF TO GET MY MONEY AND CONNECT GAME UP TO WHERE I DON'T NEED HELP COPPING RELEASES. I'M DEEPLY ROOTED TO WHERE MY CONNECTS CAN GET ME WHATEVER I WANT AND I DON'T PAY RETAIL FOR GR RELEASES ANYMORE. IF IN THE RARE INSTANCE THAT MY CONNECTS CAN'T COME THROUGH THEN I GOT ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY RE-SELL PRICES IF I WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.
Quote for the damn truth.
Why should he help others? Odds are those who he's helping won't be able to return the favor in the future. And even if they could they would probably see the money they could make and lie about being able to obtain pairs. For every good deed bearing Niketalker there are 10 to 15 bad ones. 

I know people like RLTreyce, 160, Optimus, PTone, etc are the exception. But the rest are just trying to get over on people.

I believe if you do something nice you'll get something nice in return at some point. But sometimes there comes a point.

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.

Yo Memphis, with access to all those pairs, why didn't you help some NTers?? You could have made some decent money and helped all the dudes in here that had no shot.

BECAUSE FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN ON NIKETALK OVER THE YEARS I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY HELP FROM ANY NIKETALKER EVER. NOT EVEN FROM THE ONES WHO PEOPLE SAY "HOOK OTHERS UP". YOU DO A FAVOR AND THOSE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WILL RETURN THE FAVOR WILL SHUN YOU, IGNORE YOUR PM'S, OR HIT YOU WITH THE "SORRY MAN, I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF FAM AND OTHER PEOPLE FIRST." COME RELEASE DAY ESPECIALLY ON LIMITED RELEASES.

I HAD TO TAKE IT UPON MYSELF TO GET MY MONEY AND CONNECT GAME UP TO WHERE I DON'T NEED HELP COPPING RELEASES. I'M DEEPLY ROOTED TO WHERE MY CONNECTS CAN GET ME WHATEVER I WANT AND I DON'T PAY RETAIL FOR GR RELEASES ANYMORE. IF IN THE RARE INSTANCE THAT MY CONNECTS CAN'T COME THROUGH THEN I GOT ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY RE-SELL PRICES IF I WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.
Why should he help others? Odds are those who he's helping won't be able to return the favor in the future. And even if they could they would probably see the money they could make and lie about being able to obtain pairs. For every good deed bearing Niketalker there are 10 to 15 bad ones. 

I know people like RLTreyce, 160, Optimus, PTone, etc are the exception. But the rest are just trying to get over on people.

I believe if you do something nice you'll get something nice in return at some point. But sometimes there comes a point.

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.

hey kal. i still owe you for that other time, mang.
smile.gif

but with the strong aussie dollar and no international exclusives, i dunno how i can help you any time soon
frown.gif

hey kal. i still owe you for that other time, mang.
smile.gif

but with the strong aussie dollar and no international exclusives, i dunno how i can help you any time soon
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.
QFT

Ive dealt with a large number of people who Ive helped with releases, and they swear they got me in the future then they go MIA. Whether it was HOH pickups, ea 50%, swoosh, etc. I always tried/try to look out for others. But a few fd it up for the rest. That is why I only deal with a few people here on NT because they are TRUE TO THEIR WORD.....the best relationships/contacts are the ones who you speak to daily/weekly, regardless if its about shoes or just saying what up. and the BEST contacts are the ones who buy kicks they KNOW you are looking for without hitting you up, and then text/call you and say "I know you wanted em. i got em for you, at COST of course."As I always said, and believed, NT is a "community". as corny as it may sound to some, that is what I think of NT. We are all here because we love sneakers.Yea theres a few dbags on here, and a lot of fakes, but dont forget the ones who have been LOYAL since day one.

Jed, Kalv, Doc, Frank, Dave, Kid, Versache, Supa, Mike (both of them), Justin, Joey, Speedy, Darryl, Will, Zeeky, Eli, Xavier, Vince, Drew, and the list goes on (sorry if I forgot you, too many people)....you know youve established a good relationship with NTers when you know the person, not just the person's screen name

Nice pick-ups everyone, and yes im still SALTY I dont have a pair
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

nerd.gif

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.
QFT

Ive dealt with a large number of people who Ive helped with releases, and they swear they got me in the future then they go MIA. Whether it was HOH pickups, ea 50%, swoosh, etc. I always tried/try to look out for others. But a few fd it up for the rest. That is why I only deal with a few people here on NT because they are TRUE TO THEIR WORD.....the best relationships/contacts are the ones who you speak to daily/weekly, regardless if its about shoes or just saying what up. and the BEST contacts are the ones who buy kicks they KNOW you are looking for without hitting you up, and then text/call you and say "I know you wanted em. i got em for you, at COST of course."As I always said, and believed, NT is a "community". as corny as it may sound to some, that is what I think of NT. We are all here because we love sneakers.Yea theres a few dbags on here, and a lot of fakes, but dont forget the ones who have been LOYAL since day one.

Jed, Kalv, Doc, Frank, Dave, Kid, Versache, Supa, Mike (both of them), Justin, Joey, Speedy, Darryl, Will, Zeeky, Eli, Xavier, Vince, Drew, and the list goes on (sorry if I forgot you, too many people)....you know youve established a good relationship with NTers when you know the person, not just the person's screen name

Nice pick-ups everyone, and yes im still SALTY I dont have a pair
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

nerd.gif

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.

DAMN THATS TRUTH.

I KNOW FOR A FACT, I'VE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME MANY TIMES.

LET THE PEOPLE WHO MISSED OUT OBTAIN THE NEXT LIMITED RELEASE. YOU THINK THEY GONNA BE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR "HOOKING UP" IF THEY KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN MAKE? I'M WILLING TO BET MY LIFE THEY WON'T. WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF HOOKUP, IF YOU HAVE TO PAY A CENT MORE THAN BOX PRICE PLUS A $10-$20 TIP, IT IS NO LONGER A HOOKUP BUT INSTEAD A RESELL.

I'VE ALREADY VOWED TO NOT DO ANY MORE FAVORS UNLESS I RECEIVE ONE FIRST. JUST GOT GOT TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY.

That's my spill.

MJ KNOWS.

DAMN THATS TRUTH.

I KNOW FOR A FACT, I'VE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME MANY TIMES.

LET THE PEOPLE WHO MISSED OUT OBTAIN THE NEXT LIMITED RELEASE. YOU THINK THEY GONNA BE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR "HOOKING UP" IF THEY KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN MAKE? I'M WILLING TO BET MY LIFE THEY WON'T. WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF HOOKUP, IF YOU HAVE TO PAY A CENT MORE THAN BOX PRICE PLUS A $10-$20 TIP, IT IS NO LONGER A HOOKUP BUT INSTEAD A RESELL.

I'VE ALREADY VOWED TO NOT DO ANY MORE FAVORS UNLESS I RECEIVE ONE FIRST. JUST GOT GOT TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY.

I tried...

I tried...

Amusing to come in here and see a bunch of grown "men" arguing about not helping each other out over shoes.  MEMPHIS always stressing his points with caps saying no one helping him so why look out for other NTs. Same record on repeat. The sad thing is most other FORUMS aim to help people LEARN and CONTRIBUTE information not BRAG about how deep you role or your connects.  What value does that even bring?  If you somehow got multiple pair of a limited shoe, why even mention it while others are still trying to get their mouth wet and you never gonna help them out?   When something is selling for 2x or even 3x its cost the grey area between helping others and ones self is definitely blurred for most.  This petty bickering is never going to change because ignorance is on sale in the shoe world. 

Amusing to come in here and see a bunch of grown "men" arguing about not helping each other out over shoes.  MEMPHIS always stressing his points with caps saying no one helping him so why look out for other NTs. Same record on repeat. The sad thing is most other FORUMS aim to help people LEARN and CONTRIBUTE information not BRAG about how deep you role or your connects.  What value does that even bring?  If you somehow got multiple pair of a limited shoe, why even mention it while others are still trying to get their mouth wet and you never gonna help them out?   When something is selling for 2x or even 3x its cost the grey area between helping others and ones self is definitely blurred for most.  This petty bickering is never going to change because ignorance is on sale in the shoe world. 

Very good points made in the last few posts and I def understand everyones POV.

Eltouha, no worries man. I'm good on this side!

Joe- You know how we do man!! I couldn't thank you enough for your help, I'm sure you'll have a pair to your door soon man.

Mjmvp- you're right as we'll

My only other thoughts are that people should think outside of themselves, past experiences, and the norm on NT, to try and help someone and establish connections. We're all here with each other release after release and are bound to need help at one point or another so why not keep communication lines open.

Good stuff yall, healthy debate without flame wars or a thread lock haha

Joe- You know how we do man!! I couldn't thank you enough for your help, I'm sure you'll have a pair to your door soon man.

My only other thoughts are that people should think outside of themselves, past experiences, and the norm on NT, to try and help someone and establish connections. We're all here with each other release after release and are bound to need help at one point or another so why not keep communication lines open.

Originally Posted by bjamintrotter

well said, sir.

well said, sir.

Im open minded, I can buy this POV RL.

Im open minded, I can buy this POV RL.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
smile.gif
  Helping where the only expectation is getting something in return is not helping, it's bartering.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
smile.gif
  Helping where the only expectation is getting something in return is not helping, it's bartering.

bottom line is he isnt obligated to help if he doesnt feel he wants to. It would be great but at the same time there is nothing that says if you wanna post you have to help people get shoes. At the same time he has lets say 20 pairs and then there are 40 people pm'ing him calling him how is he to pick who he helps? Better off not helping anyone in my eyes. But i also wouldnt be saying i have 20 pairs either but everyone is diff.

Back
Top Bottom