fire red project " tutorial added 3/13/09 page 4" black cement project added!!! 6th page!!!

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

so you don't have any problems with the clear coat cracking? is it a spray or brush on?? thanks for the info!

not at all bro and its a small spray can

Originally Posted by ghetomex23

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

When you got the wrinkles out of the Fire Red's, what type of iron did you use? Is it possible to burn or singe the leather?

regular house hold iron and yes its possible to burn and singe the leather do not keep the iron on for too long go over it for like 4 5 seconds and let it cool spray water on towel but be carefull not to over do it u will mess them up
Ok, good tip!  So do I wet & moisten the towel first before I iron over the towel?  Or do I iron a dry towel?  Sorry for sounding kinda ignorant. 
embarassed.gif

na its cool ill take u step by step 

1 clean shoe of all dirt dust after stuff the shoe until u see the creases go away

2 take your preheated iron that has been set to a little over half way u can aslos do it at full volume but be carefull not to leave the iron on the shoe too long... grab your spray bottle full of water and spray the shoe just a bit after grab your clean face towel and lay it on the toe box...spray the towel a few times grab the iron and go over it with some preasure a few times

3 afrer every time u are done going over the toe box take the towel off and let the stream rise off of shoe and repete steps until u feel u got most of the creases out ...keep in mind that u will still have minimal creases but wont be as bad as when u first started

4 after all that has been done the leather might look a little lighter than the rest of the shoe...dont worry! its normal u just took all the leathers moister out all u do is grab your leather cleaner protecter and  dab some baby oil and rub...it will bring the leather back to normal u can aslo use the mixture of oil and leather cleaner after the whole restoration has been completed it leaves a nice glow to the leater ...hope this help out bro

if any one esle has any other ?s hit me up and i also would like to see some of your guys projects and or storys of useing all these techniques
Gotcha!  Great tips bro!!  I'm gonna try this methods on some of my beaters.  Practice will make perfect!   Thanks again!! 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

What kinda oil & leather cleaner u use?

any leather protecter cleaner will work i used this stuff i found at the doller store lol weird but true i tried it on some beaters first and i liked it but i used baby oil and the leather cleaner

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Man the Fire Red's only been out a few years and your yellowing already? I swear on everything I love you just made me remember I had these. I'm bout to go look for em now. Haven't wore em 08'. God damn I loved this shoe. $*% I just remembered the Aqua 8 retros too!!!! Thnx for this thread!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

lol your welcome bro and i have a little trick to bring out the aqua 8s too! makes the suade all buttery and black again get at me...

let me guess..baby oil?
yes sir!!!!!! lol

lol how much baby oil and can it mess up the suede if its used alot?

just dab a soft towel and rub all over shoe if too mush just whipe off with a dry clean side and pooooof nice buttery suade worked gerat on my playoff 8s

thanks just copped some playoff 8's 
pimp.gif
 and wanted to clean my aqua's up

You wanna impress me, turn a pair of the Jordan 6 Pistons into a decent pair of sneakers, bet you can't do that houdini.

What up ghetomex23? Good work man! I got a question, when the original paint from the 3's is cracking and chipping and want to paint that area, do you remove all of the paint, or just paint over it? And if you do remove all of the cracked paint, what do you use?

Originally Posted by 2FACE

What up ghetomex23? Good work man! I got a question, when the original paint from the 3's is cracking and chipping and want to paint that area, do you remove all of the paint, or just paint over it? And if you do remove all of the cracked paint, what do you use?

to remove paint use acetone and u can remove all of the paint or only were its needed for me detail look on page 4 i belive for the tutorial

seaglowing the columbias is gonna be a pain in the *$!, trust me. when your done dont use flash on the camera, because pictures with flash on seaglowed soles is like a girl stuffing her bra.

Back
Top Bottom