Final : ******** [16] vs Packers [13] OT - 10.10.2010 - WK 5

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by JPZx

Cmon Packer fans. First when the injuries occur you "don't think they will affect the team's performance, you can get through him, no big deal" and now you lose it's "We're going to play the injury card here".

Having Jermichael Finley wouldn't have made a difference. That rookie TE was still making plays. It's not like the ******** scored a ton of points either.

So the Packers only wins have come against the Bills, Lions and the Eagles with Kolb $%%**$@ it up for a half? Just sayin it's interesting.
laugh.gif

I still think the Packers are a decent team, don't get me wrong. But like at the beginning of the year when all the analysts were picking them, I told you Packer fans they would be hoping they could withdraw those predictions. Looks like I could be right so far, but there's still a lot more games to play.

I won't use the injury card as an excuse.  Most of their injuries are on defense - NOT on offense so there is no excuse for the offense being this pathetic.  The Saints won the SB with virtually no running game last year so the running game is not an excuse either.  This offense is underachieving big time.  Now if the defense started giving up 30+ on a regular basis, maybe the injury card would be valid, but they have been able to scrap to be respectable so far.

Thomas, Bell, and Bush combined for 1700 rushing yards.  We need a damn running game. 

Cmon Packer fans. First when the injuries occur you "don't think they will affect the team's performance, you can get through him, no big deal" and now you lose it's "We're going to play the injury card here".

Having Jermichael Finley wouldn't have made a difference. That rookie TE was still making plays. It's not like the ******** scored a ton of points either.

So the Packers only wins have come against the Bills, Lions and the Eagles with Kolb $%%**$@ it up for a half? Just sayin it's interesting.
laugh.gif

I still think the Packers are a decent team, don't get me wrong. But like at the beginning of the year when all the analysts were picking them, I told you Packer fans they would be hoping they could withdraw those predictions. Looks like I could be right so far, but there's still a lot more games to play.
The whole NFL is slacking though. We are gettin hated on cause we were picked early and hyped and alot bought into the hype. Are we still a good team yea but we arent the only team not meeting expectations.

Vikings, Saints, Cowboys, Bengals, Colts..etc

There isnt one team that can talk smack right now.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The whole NFL is slacking though. We are gettin hated on cause we were picked early and hyped and alot bought into the hype. Are we still a good team yea but we arent the only team not meeting expectations.

Green Bay was picked unanimously by NFL.com and by 90% of ESPN to make it to the Super Bowl.

Vikings weren't picked by anybody. Bengals weren't picked by anybody.

You have a point with the Colts and Saints... but no team had the kind of hype that the Packers did coming into the 2010 season.

Green Bay was picked unanimously by NFL.com and by 90% of ESPN to make it to the Super Bowl.

You have a point with the Colts and Saints... but no team had the kind of hype that the Packers did coming into the 2010 season.
Exactly, we were hyped. But someone had to be hyped. There's always a hyped team coming into a season. But absolutely no one is meeting any expectations, so its not like we are alone. We just might get alot more of the negative attention now cause we were the hyped team.

We can add the Chargers to that list too, and the 49ers. They were hyped also.

Really everyone is on the same level right now. Who knows where this season is gonna go.

There isnt one team that can talk smack right now.
Oh yeah?
grin.gif

Haha, just messing, way to early to start getting excited and smack talking.  Long season, very long season, but this has more parity than any season that I ever remember

Green Bay was horrendous today on defense...the penalties certainly didn't help...really ugly game.

Exactly, we were hyped. But someone had to be hyped. There's always a hyped team coming into a season. But absolutely no one is meeting any expectations, so its not like we are alone. We just might get alot more of the negative attention now cause we were the hyped team.

We can add the Chargers to that list too, and the 49ers. They were hyped also.

Really everyone is on the same level right now. Who knows where this season is gonna go.
20 teams finishing 8-8 will leave a big mess at the end of the regular season  LOL

Packers are trash....but so is almost every other team right now. What a weird season already. Usually a couple teams show some sign of promise or dominance early but nobody is showing any sort of redeeming qualities. 
grin.gif

game ended at 4:40, had to get to a wedding by 5:30....walked in to the church at 5:27
pimp.gif

what a game....football Gods were on the Skins side today. I honestly thought that this was gonna be a blowout. Skins played AWFUL....but in the end, they found a way to get it done and that's all that matters.

Charles Woodson is a beast...but he gets away with murder in coverage...he had no right to complain in OT about his penalty.

There's a lot of things that the Skins need to fix going into next week....I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty....

3-2...I'll take it
pimp.gif

*edit* Laron Landry is shutting a lot of folks up....

also...why did the Packers go away from the run?  Even if you take away Jackson's 71 yarder, he'd still be averaging close to 5 yards per carry.....10 carries for him when he was SHREDDING the Skins defense is inexcusable. 

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Originally Posted by Deuce King

At Laron playing like a probowler
nerd.gif

It's a sad day in professional sports anytime Laron Landry is talked about as a probowler. 

SALT
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

0-5 gotta be eating away at his soul.....

anyways....

Move over, Troy Polamalu.

It's good to be able to watch all the games in the NBC viewing room on Sundays, because it allows me to keep an eye on players around the league. And in the first five weeks of the season, no single defensive player in the league has jumped from relative anonymity to stardom like strong safety LaRon Landry of the ********. He leads the NFL in tackles (52) through five weeks, and Sunday, he was the most important ******* defender in a 16-13 beat down of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Talk about starting and finishing the job: In the first minute of the game, on the first Green Bay series of the day, he creamed tight end Donald Lee and forced a fumble that the ******** recovered. In the 63rd minute, in overtime, Landry picked off a Rodgers pass intended for the forgotten Greg Jennings; five minutes later, a Graham Gano field goal won the game.

"He's fast, he's a hitter and loves to play,'' coach Mike Shanahan said after the game. "He's that way every snap -- obviously a great football player.''

Landry was a first-round pick by the ******** in 2007, and the coach then, Joe Gibbs, wanted to pair him with Sean Taylor long-term to give Washington the most feared set of safeties in the league. But Taylor died that November, and when Gibbs retired after the season, the new regime moved Landry from strong safety to free.

"My rookie year, I felt I was in the right position to take advantage of how aggressive I like to play,'' Landry told me last night. "But when the staff changed, coach [Greg] Blache moved me, and nothing against him, I didn't feel it took advantage of what I did best. As a free safety, I'm kind of the savior back there, sitting back. That's not how I play best.''

But new coordinator Jim Haslett moved him to strong again, and Landry is comfortable in run-support and the occasional blitz. Against Green Bay, he led a disguising Washington scheme that seemed to frustrate Rodgers all afternoon.

"I think the best is yet to come for me,'' he said. And maybe for the ******** too. They've beaten Philadelphia and Dallas already, and they're tied for first in the NFC East. Landry's nearly as big a reason for that as Donovan McNabb.

Link
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...0/11/Week5/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz123sWxcFl

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

At Laron playing like a probowler
nerd.gif

It's a sad day in professional sports anytime Laron Landry is talked about as a probowler. 

SALT
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

anyways....

Move over, Troy Polamalu.

It's good to be able to watch all the games in the NBC viewing room on Sundays, because it allows me to keep an eye on players around the league. And in the first five weeks of the season, no single defensive player in the league has jumped from relative anonymity to stardom like strong safety LaRon Landry of the ********. He leads the NFL in tackles (52) through five weeks, and Sunday, he was the most important ******* defender in a 16-13 beat down of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Talk about starting and finishing the job: In the first minute of the game, on the first Green Bay series of the day, he creamed tight end Donald Lee and forced a fumble that the ******** recovered. In the 63rd minute, in overtime, Landry picked off a Rodgers pass intended for the forgotten Greg Jennings; five minutes later, a Graham Gano field goal won the game.

"He's fast, he's a hitter and loves to play,'' coach Mike Shanahan said after the game. "He's that way every snap -- obviously a great football player.''

Landry was a first-round pick by the ******** in 2007, and the coach then, Joe Gibbs, wanted to pair him with Sean Taylor long-term to give Washington the most feared set of safeties in the league. But Taylor died that November, and when Gibbs retired after the season, the new regime moved Landry from strong safety to free.

"My rookie year, I felt I was in the right position to take advantage of how aggressive I like to play,'' Landry told me last night. "But when the staff changed, coach [Greg] Blache moved me, and nothing against him, I didn't feel it took advantage of what I did best. As a free safety, I'm kind of the savior back there, sitting back. That's not how I play best.''

But new coordinator Jim Haslett moved him to strong again, and Landry is comfortable in run-support and the occasional blitz. Against Green Bay, he led a disguising Washington scheme that seemed to frustrate Rodgers all afternoon.

"I think the best is yet to come for me,'' he said. And maybe for the ******** too. They've beaten Philadelphia and Dallas already, and they're tied for first in the NFC East. Landry's nearly as big a reason for that as Donovan McNabb.

Link
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...0/11/Week5/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz123sWxcFl

Its nice to see LaRon making turnovers that has never really been part of his game even at LSU. Ahh what he and Sean would have been
sick.gif

Nah I'm good over here champ.  Besides I know things will be back to normal around these parts once the Skins fall short.

Did that article just say move over Troy Polamalu??  Like I said earlier, sad day indeed.  Next thing you know Skins fans are going to say Laron Landry>Ed Reed.............this can't be life!!

Nah I'm good over here champ.  Besides I know things will be back to normal around these parts once the Skins fall short.

Did that article just say move over Troy Polamalu??  Like I said earlier, sad day indeed.  Next thing you know Skins fans are going to say Laron Landry>Ed Reed.............this can't be life!!

laugh.gif
Yea move over Troy Polamalu is a stretch but.....LaRon already had his overhyped moment on NT. This time he is getting credit where credit is due. He is playing out his mind.

Back
Top Bottom