Filipino Culture Thread

Took me a minute but :lol:

Screenshot_20190310-124302_Facebook.jpg

So, a bunch of my coworkers are Filipino folks in their 40s-50s. I’m the youngest person in my department. I was raised to always say “po/opo/ho/oho” whenever I speak in Tagalog to those who are older than me, to be respectful.
One of them told me that I don’t need to be so “magalang” and that I can talk to them like I’m talking to folks my age. And that I don’t need to refer to them as “Ate ____” or “Kuya ____” since they say that we are all equals in the workplace.
I mean, I would comply, but I would feel so rude if I referred to them as their first names, and if I didn’t use opo/po. :lol:
If y’all were in my position, would you still, out of habit, use the words of respect, or just talk to them as if they were my peers?

So, a bunch of my coworkers are Filipino folks in their 40s-50s. I’m the youngest person in my department. I was raised to always say “po/opo/ho/oho” whenever I speak in Tagalog to those who are older than me, to be respectful.
One of them told me that I don’t need to be so “magalang” and that I can talk to them like I’m talking to folks my age. And that I don’t need to refer to them as “Ate ____” or “Kuya ____” since they say that we are all equals in the workplace.
I mean, I would comply, but I would feel so rude if I referred to them as their first names, and if I didn’t use opo/po. :lol:
If y’all were in my position, would you still, out of habit, use the words of respect, or just talk to them as if they were my peers?
The latter. They already gave you the ok.

Nope. I would talk to them normal.

You don't need no court. Because you’re Free To Harden in the streets of Manila. - Streamable

Speaking of Harden, he slept with this girl who became my friend's gf back in the Philippines when he did his tour there in previous years.

Every time we play NBA 2k, we always pick Houston against him and go... "Harden for three".... hahahahahahhhaha

Speaking of Harden, he slept with this girl who became my friend's gf back in the Philippines when he did his tour there in previous years.

Every time we play NBA 2k, we always pick Houston against him and go... "Harden for three".... hahahahahahhhaha
Hopefully the condom broke so we can finally get a filipino star in the nba

Jordan Clarkson is all right.

Nate was a great player. But he's like 1/8th filipino and I don't think he even acknowledges that part of him all that much.

here's a damn long shot

there used to be a video of the owner of ROTA wheels and his AE86

i cant seem to find it anymore :frown:

Back
Top Bottom