FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Pirlo's just not the same. Props to Egypt and their goalie for staying resilient, but Italy should have won this game.

wow, historic stuff there... Italy vs. Brazil will be epic...

The thing is, Brasil sealed their passage to the semi's. I expect players like Kaka' to get a bit of a rest.

Well deserved win for Egypt
pimp.gif

I hardly know anything about soccer...but I really got into the WC a few years back. Anyways, that Egypt/Italy game was incredible.....that being said,what's going to happen to the US? Is there a chance that we miss the World Cup? Also, why does the US suck so much at soccer? We're a huge country, wehave a TON people who play here in the states, so what's the excuse for not being better at this game? I saw that we have a dude (Rossi on Italy) who wasborn in NJ, but decided to play for Italy....that's gotta hurt that we can't even keep our own homegrown talent to play for the stars andstripes....well, I can't wait for sunday!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Pirlo's just not the same. Props to Egypt and their goalie for staying resilient, but Italy should have won this game.
Nah man, Pirlo's a top 5 player!!!
grin.gif
roll.gif

Whoever asked me about Neymar, etc. I really don't know who'll be leaving, the brazilian clubs are doing a better job each and every year and keepingsome talent within the country.

Great win for Egypt...my only criticism of them was they seemed too tentative when they were in Italy's zone. They had a lot of great opportunities to testBuffon but they often would over-dribble or make an extra pass which led to lost possession.

Anyone else irritated by ESPN's coverage? I know they're catering to an American market but there were FAR too many mentions of "The US still havea shot to advance on Sunday". Who the he.ck cares at this moment? We're watching Italy vs. Egypt, the US has nothing to do with that match. There waseven a time in the match where Derek Rae said "Egypt leading 1-0 over the US".

The US has 0% chance to advance. Brazil isn't going to kill Italy and the US isn't going to kill Egypt. It's not that easy making up a -5 GD injust one match.

Both matches on Sunday will be great. I didnt expect Group B to come down to the final match day.

Blaze ~ yeah, Dunga's mentioned that his players are a bit fatigued, so wholesale changes can be expected.

But no doubt Brazil will not want to lose to the world champs regardless...

Where was Antonio Cassano? hes a knucklehead but hes an animal. I've said before.. I'll say it again.. Luca Toni has been crap since the end of hisfirst season at Bayern.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

wow, historic stuff there... Italy vs. Brazil will be epic...

The thing is, Brasil sealed their passage to the semi's. I expect players like Kaka' to get a bit of a rest.
I agree that we'll likely see Brazil's 2nd string team though...they just need to avoid a 3-goal loss to clinch 1st place. Egypt mightstill finish 3rd with 6 pts.

Originally Posted by you right

did Simone Pepe start, he was a bright spot when i was watching.....
2nd half sub...he was pushing up like crazy, it gave Egypt some good chances on the counter-attack but they were wasteful.

Did anyone see who was on Brazil's bench today?

Kaka will rest, and The Beast will start. Robinho will rest, and Pato will start. Elano, Alves, Josue, they have all these world-class playerswho are not assured a spot in Dunga's XI at the moment. Alves doesn't even have a chance at being the #1 RB next summer. So I still expect a dangerous Brazil squad vs Italy. I can't wait.

Where was Antonio Cassano? hes a knucklehead but hes an animal. I've said before.. I'll say it again.. Luca Toni has been crap since the end of his first season at Bayern.

Antonio Cassano, Antonio Cassano, Antonio Cassano. i have been saying it for the longest time, he was probably the best Italian player in serie a this seasonbut Lippi has something personal against him, the boy is a beast and needs to be re called. the guy is out of his mind but he is a pure talent.

hopefully this will make Lippi realize that he is missing the creativity that guys like Cassano, Del Piero, and Giovinco bring to the pitch.

and for GODS SAKE GET RID OF LUCA TONI!!! he is a bummm! thanks for the goals in '06, we appreciate it, you provided your service now get outtt! you arefinisheddd!!

and i fully expect Brazils 2nd string to completely tear through Italy's non existent mid-field if its played as is. i know it wont happen but this wouldbe my line-up for sunday vs Brazil

------------------Buffon----------------
Zambrotta--Cannavaro--Chellini--Grosso
-------------------Pirlo-----------------
Camoranesi---------------De Rossi
----------------G. Rossi--------------
-----Gilardino-----------Iaquinta-----

Maybe have De Rossi on the right and take out Camo and have Montolivo on the left.....What the hell no one cares about the Italian National team here lol
/rant

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Did anyone see who was on Brazil's bench today?

Kaka will rest, and The Beast will start. Robinho will rest, and Pato will start. Elano, Alves, Josue, they have all these world-class players who are not assured a spot in Dunga's XI at the moment. Alves doesn't even have a chance at being the #1 RB next summer. So I still expect a dangerous Brazil squad vs Italy. I can't wait.
He's the favorite to start in '10. Sure, Maicon played well today, but he's sucked a lot in the past. I'd rather have Maicon, butI think Alves will steal the spot.

Originally Posted by JJUVE

Where was Antonio Cassano? hes a knucklehead but hes an animal. I've said before.. I'll say it again.. Luca Toni has been crap since the end of his first season at Bayern.

Antonio Cassano, Antonio Cassano, Antonio Cassano. i have been saying it for the longest time, he was probably the best Italian player in serie a this season but Lippi has something personal against him, the boy is a beast and needs to be re called. the guy is out of his mind but he is a pure talent.

hopefully this will make Lippi realize that he is missing the creativity that guys like Cassano, Del Piero, and Giovinco bring to the pitch.

and for GODS SAKE GET RID OF LUCA TONI!!! he is a bummm! thanks for the goals in '06, we appreciate it, you provided your service now get outtt! you are finisheddd!!

and i fully expect Brazils 2nd string to completely tear through Italy's non existent mid-field if its played as is. i know it wont happen but this would be my line-up for sunday vs Brazil

------------------Buffon----------------
Zambrotta--Cannavaro--Chellini--Grosso
-------------------Pirlo-----------------
Camoranesi---------------De Rossi
----------------G. Rossi--------------
-----Gilardino-----------Iaquinta-----

Maybe have De Rossi on the right and take out Camo and have Montolivo on the left.....What the hell no one cares about the Italian National team here lol
/rant
montolivo was pretty creative today, he has some serious ball skills

and yea no one cares bout the azure haha... no reason del piero should not be getting on the pitch tho

Alright so what will be the purpose for qualifying for the World Cup if we can't compete with the best?

Today's game was top notch. Egypt deserved that win.

Hopefully they can change their luck in world cup qualifying and qualify for the WC, would be a treat to have them rather than Tunisia or Morrocco.

BUMP

Both games are at 2:30 eastern time.

They are only showing the Spain vs South Africa game live on ESPN 2

I believe the Iraq vs New Zealand tape delay will be aired at 1:00 am eastern time Sunday

Sunday both games are at 2:30 as well

BUT

USA vs Egypt will be on ESPN2

Brasil vs Italy will be on ESPN

They will replay the Brasil vs Italy match on ESPN2 after USA vs Egypt

I guess I will watch the USA game live and catch the other on replay.

Will the USA/Egypt game be on any other channels?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain/South Africa "miraculously" end in a draw to get South Africa the point they need to qualify. We all knowhow FIFA is
nerd.gif

Today's games :

Both at 2:30 PM ET (Like JaFlash Said)

Spain vs South Africa : LIVE : ESPN2 AND Univision

Iraq vs New Zealand : LIVE : Telefutura

-------------------

Tommorow's :

Both at 2:30 PM ET (Like JaFlash Said)

USA vs Egypt : LIVE : ESPN2 AND Telefutura

Brasil vs Italy : LIVE : ESPN AND Univision

Back
Top Bottom