FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

really? no pk but clark sees red?

please explain to me how that wasnt a foul.

Predictable NT...blaming the ref everytime their team loses.

Italy hasnt played that great but they've clearly outplayed the US. I know the red card was shady but the ref made up for it by giving the US a PK.

And neither one of those Italy goals were "lucky". Non-soccer players do not understand how difficult it is to execute those types of long rangeshots.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

And neither one of those Italy goals were "lucky". Non-soccer players do not understand how difficult it is to execute those types of long range shots.
Who said any of the shots were luck? Those were amazing strikes.

FFFFF another one for Jersey Boy?
grin.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pirlo's spin on the line.
was SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
you know USA cannot hold up 10 men against the defending world champs. but they didn't back down.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

And neither one of those Italy goals were "lucky". Non-soccer players do not understand how difficult it is to execute those types of long range shots.

Originally Posted by socluis90

**@+%!* $@$*%@*%. damn they get lucky everytime they play us

FFFFF another one for Jersey Boy?
grin.gif

Carlos was referring to this... post #166

Originally Posted by socluis90

**@+%!* $@$*%@*%. damn they get lucky everytime they play us

We can't defend those great strikers.

Who said any of the shots were luck?

socluis90

Well, I don't know if he said the shots themselves were lucky, but he said Italy was lucky, so I assume that it was about the shots.

If you lined up the entire Italian squad and told any american foreign to soccer to guess which player was from new jersey, they'd guess right 10 out of 10times.

Italy hasnt played that great but they've clearly outplayed the US. I know the red card was shady but the ref made up for it by giving the US a PK.

AMEN!
In the WC people were really trying to argue that Maestroni's two-footed cleats up tackle from behind straight into Pirlo's ankles wasn't a red.
indifferent.gif

Today, people are really trying to argue that Donovan should've gotten a penalty for ducking under the player? For real? He acts like he's gonna go upfor a header, doesn't, and then undercuts the Italian defender. Penalty?
indifferent.gif

As for the red card, it was a bit harsh, but the tackle was the height of stupidity. Gattuso had clearly taken the ball, was off with it, and dude just comesin and smashes his knee.
indifferent.gif

Also, all three of the Italy goals were pure class.
Pirlo is one of the best 5 players in the world.

Good for Rossi. He did his thing. He's proud of his heritage. At least he knows where he's from.

I was talking about the refs with that luck statement. I wouldn't call them great strikers and lucky at the same time. Kinda hypocritical no?

i would hope they would, its 11 on 10...the ref didnt make up anything, Chiellini took Jozy down, thats always going to be a penalty...giving a red whenDonovan got elbowed in the face would have been making it up (not that it was a red either, im just saying)

laugh.gif
@ the traitor talk though, his parents were immigrants

Good start to the tourney so far.

Iraq/SA was dreadful, I stopped watching after 30 mins
laugh.gif

Spain torturing New Zealand was super entertaining.

I missed Brazil/Egypt but by all accounts it was a great game.

Italy/US was very entertaining.

I'm looking forward to the games on Thursday and Spain picking apart Iraq on Wednesday.

cmon rossi had no choice.
play with a good country
or play with america. stop calling him a traitor. his parents were italian immigrants, it's been his dream.
if you have that amount of talent you wouldn't waste it away for a subpar country.
yeah i said it. american soccer
sick.gif
sick.gif

US had some chances early (Bradley and Altidore) got to make one of those.

Stupid play by Ritardo Clark to get the red.

Nice PK as usual by Landon after Altidore made a nice play to draw the PK.

Great strike by Rossi, I can't remember who got the ball stripped which led to the goal.
The one thing you have to do when down a man is control the ball in your end.

Second goal for Italy should have been cleared by Onyewu.
It was a nice shot but Onyewu could have done better to prevent the shot from even reaching the net.

Can't really say anything about the last goal, US look tired and Italy capitalized with some nice play.

Looks like it won't get any easier against Brasil and Egypt.

Both teams are going to attack and I don't see the US being able to outscore them.

It looks like they will have to resort to Packing it in and look to counter which will get us nowhere now and in future events like the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom