FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by JRose5

Damn Landon "talks like he has no @!*%$+*" Donovan is being interviewed.

Oh that's right, I have no $!+%$$@ clue about soccer.

JR5

i never see you in the soccer boards so we dont know if you really know soccer....you gotta prove your self on the soccer boards just bc ur a mod doesnt mean u can talk like ur all that..i dont care for mods as it is.
The soccer boards? You act like I frequent this forum. In fact, dude, I've rarely come to NikeTalk anymore. Prove myself? I don't have to justify anything to you. And like I care if my mod status means anything.
indifferent.gif

JR5

good dont come pessimistic clown. new school is in session and you're out.
*warned*

I don't care if you disagree with me, but if you're going to start with the insults, then you better be prepared what's coming to you.

Oh yeah I'm a mod.
indifferent.gif
Like I care if I'm a mod or not.

JR5

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Also all you NikeTalk bums who are bashing me, you probably don't have a damn clue about football anyways. You just tuned onto the tube because of the fact that US made fluke victories. ****.

JR5
laugh.gif
JRose is the best
your the worst
I guess I am. But you have the worse grammar. Stay in school, dude. You're a disgrace.

JR5

i never see you in the soccer boards so we dont know if you really know soccer....you gotta prove your self on the soccer boards just bc ur a mod doesnt mean u can talk like ur all that..i dont care for mods as it is.
The soccer boards? You act like I frequent this forum. In fact, dude, I've rarely come to NikeTalk anymore. Prove myself? I don't have to justify anything to you. And like I care if my mod status means anything.
indifferent.gif

JR5

*warned*

I don't care if you disagree with me, but if you're going to start with the insults, then you better be prepared what's coming to you.

Oh yeah I'm a mod.
indifferent.gif

JR5

JR5

indifferent.gif

JR5

*warned*

Oh yeah I'm a mod.
indifferent.gif

JR5

Lol at that insulting you. You are not a true "football" fan if you only want to support the US when they do something good. You're just a gloryhunter, please don't call yourself a US fan.
*Waits for childish response*

I can't believe the amount of hate in here. If before the tournament someone would have told you the US will advance in their group, knock out Spain, makethe final, and make Brazil earn their game winning goal with 10 minutes left none of you guys would have believed it and US fans would have taken it. Sadly wecould have done better with the situation we were in but I'm proud of this team. The US is making progress in the soccer world and this was a big step inthe right direction and I still don't understand how you guys can hate on this US performance overall in the tournament.

Also for all the haters out there, where the hell was your team in this competition? Couldn't qualify? smh

Originally Posted by olegs

Haha @ all you clueless Americans.
i love the attitude on here towards fans of the USMNT..theres always a "silly americans dont understand the game" undertone towardseverything...its really amusing

eyes.gif

we get it, you follow world football (join the club)..so therefore you're knowledge of the game is infinite and profound

whats even worse is americans who come from this angle

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Also all you NikeTalk bums who are bashing me, you probably don't have a damn clue about football anyways. You just tuned onto the tube because of the fact that US made fluke victories. ****.

JR5
laugh.gif
JRose is the best
your the worst
I guess I am. But you have the worse grammar. Stay in school, dude. You're a disgrace.

JR5

indifferent.gif

JR5

*warned*

Oh yeah I'm a mod.
indifferent.gif

JR5

he wont respond to that.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Just wondering... how do you guys define 'choke'? To me, its when 1) a team loses to another team that they were expected to beat and/or 2) a team loses after giving up a huge lead. Team USA were never expected to beat Brazil and, with all due respect, a 2-0 lead against Brazil is not what I would call a 'huge' lead for the US...

To me, they were simply outclassed by Brazil. After conceeding the second goal, Brazil were coming up with wave-after-wave of attacks... those expecting the US defense to be able to withstand that sort of attack for 45+ minutes is underestimating the offense of Brazil IMO...
That is what I was trying to say and I was laughed at and called a bandwagon fan so I don't know. I would agree with you. Everyone knows how fast Brazil can score. Look what they did and how quickly they dismantled Italy. But hey I am just the clueless USA fan I guess.
The thing is, we did the same strategy with Spain. We got a lead and decided we would curl up in a ball and hope for the best... we got lucky tohold Spain off in that sense, but I didn't think for a second we'd be able to last 65 minutes in prevent defense against another world class attack.

I can't really say we were outplayed today anymore than we were against Spain... we went with a losing strategy and it worked once and failed once.

laugh.gif

No. YOU ****....w/ your combinations of smugness, ignorance and cynical nonsense. Saying thatMikey Bradley is only on the active squad b/c of Bob is laughable. You talk about that, then proceed to say some people "don't have a damn cluefootball," just adds more of a reason to keep laughing at your @%@%% *$+.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Just wondering... how do you guys define 'choke'? To me, its when 1) a team loses to another team that they were expected to beat and/or 2) a team loses after giving up a huge lead. Team USA were never expected to beat Brazil and, with all due respect, a 2-0 lead against Brazil is not what I would call a 'huge' lead for the US...

To me, they were simply outclassed by Brazil. After conceeding the second goal, Brazil were coming up with wave-after-wave of attacks... those expecting the US defense to be able to withstand that sort of attack for 45+ minutes is underestimating the offense of Brazil IMO...
That is what I was trying to say and I was laughed at and called a bandwagon fan so I don't know. I would agree with you. Everyone knows how fast Brazil can score. Look what they did and how quickly they dismantled Italy. But hey I am just the clueless USA fan I guess.
The thing is, we did the same strategy with Spain. We got a lead and decided we would curl up in a ball and hope for the best... we got lucky to hold Spain off in that sense, but I didn't think for a second we'd be able to last 65 minutes in prevent defense against another world class attack.

I can't really say we were outplayed today anymore than we were against Spain... we went with a losing strategy and it worked once and failed once.
Yeah, we are not in the position to dominate these big teams so that's what we must resort to sadly. Our day will come though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

The thing is, we did the same strategy with Spain. We got a lead and decided we would curl up in a ball and hope for the best... we got lucky to hold Spain off in that sense, but I didn't think for a second we'd be able to last 65 minutes in prevent defense against another world class attack.

Yeah, we are not in the position to dominate these big teams so that's what we must resort to sadly. Our day will come though
pimp.gif
I agree...unfortunate but true. Our asinine substitution strategy didn't help things at all either....

JR5
laugh.gif
JRose is the best
your the worst

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Exactly JRose is ridiculous. Also this was Brazil. I don't think we choked, they played better than us in the Second half. I am happy because we did make a good effort and was up 2-0. We can't win 2-0 to Spain and then get up 2-0 on Brazil on a fluke only. I mean come on. They played much better than us in the second half and beat us. Simple.

YOU HONESTLY DON'T THINK THEY CHOKED??????? I GIVE UP FOLKS! SOMEONE QUE THE JERRY SEINFELD GIF!!!!
Now this babam11218719 kid is the one being rediculous. Another bandwagoner US fan who just joined the soccer scene.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a joke this guy is. Has been, and will continue to be.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by socluis90

pimp.gif
I agree...unfortunate but true. Our asinine substitution strategy didn't help things at all either....

It's rather frustrating, too... given that we DID actually start looking more organized on offense the last two games early on in the games.. to the pointwhere it seemed we could've stayed somewhat aggressive (or at least not 100 percent defensive) and still won both games.

Oh well... hopefully we keep improving this summer.
w/ your combinations of smugness, ignorance and cynical nonsense.

frown.gif
gotta agree... I'm still not sure how he's kept hismoderating powers here given all the times I've seen him breaking the rules as a one.

frown.gif
gotta agree... I'm still not sure how he's kept his moderating powers here given all the times I've seen him breaking the rules as a one.
Haha I didn't even know he was a mod. How pathetic
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

how can you be a bandwagon fan when the team represents your country??

because you can just show up when they start winning, knowing very little about the team?

The same way with any bandwagonness that takes place... it's people who don't show up til the team is good. Doesn't matter if you geographicallyhave a tie to a team if you don't actually follow and support them.

If the US Softball team wins, I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan of theirs... i hope they win, but I won't say I really care either way... get it?

Originally Posted by DubA169

how can you be a bandwagon fan when the team represents your country??

because you can just show up when they start winning, knowing very little about the team?

The same way with any bandwagonness that takes place... it's people who don't show up til the team is good. Doesn't matter if you geographically have a tie to a team if you don't actually follow and support them.

If the US Softball team wins, I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan of theirs... i hope they win, but I won't say I really care either way... get it?

ppl on here prob know more about us soccer than you think...it gets alot of coverage.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

laugh.gif

No. YOU ****....w/ your combinations of smugness, ignorance and cynical nonsense. Saying that Mikey Bradley is only on the active squad b/c of Bob is laughable. You talk about that, then proceed to say some people "don't have a damn clue football," just adds more of a reason to keep laughing at your @%@%% *$+.
i thought that shipped sailed awhile ago, didnt think anyone still believed that...he's proven himself to be more than capable for club andcountry

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS USA lost!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i dont have to hear people say that soccer is gonna catch on in the US this whole week.... SOCCER SUCKS

Originally Posted by PAsSback

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS USA lost!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i dont have to hear people say that soccer is gonna catch on in the US this whole week.... SOCCER SUCKS
you're dumb!
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom