FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

roll.gif

USA is completely out matched through the first 25 minutes. as much as i want to believe that the US can go deep into next years WC, they make the dumbmistakes that lead to goals (the give away in the mid field vs Italy that led to Rossi's first goal, and now the counter attack that leads to Robinhosgoal).

it looks like were in for another big disappointment come 2010, make all the big plays you want against El Salvador and Honduras...but it just seems like wecant compete with the heavy hitters of Europe and South America

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Beasley USA is just absolutely terrible

Fixed.

From what I've seen so far this tournament, this looks to be one of the worst U.S. teams since I started following soccer. Everyone is talking about howU.S. soccer is evolving and how U.S. will gradually become a powerhouse, but right now, it's as if it's going in the opposite direction. I hope I'mwrong, I really do. It's only been 1 ½ games, so hopefully I'm judging them prematurely.

Why are there so many players from the 06 World Cup on this squad? Was it that satisfying of a result in 06?? Matter of fact, the only U.S. guy who kindaimpressed me in the 06 WC was, what's his name? Eddie Johnson? And where the hell is he???

The US look horrible out there. They're playing with fire giving Brazil so much freakin space. You cant let Brazil run freely on the counter-attack, no onein the world can stop them when they do that.

I dont understand why the US didn't come out with a tighter formation...I realize that only 1 goal was scored in the run of play but Brazil could easily beup 3-0 or 4-0 right now if they converted some chances (Fabiano's run, Gilberto + Melo's headers).

The US will have the chance to somewhat redeem themselves on Sunday vs. Egypt.

Beasley is just absolutely terrible

Man, I so frustrated watching this game. Lalas is right about Brazil just making the easy plays.
Dempsey tries to do to much.
Jozy just giving the ball up, he needs to work on his conditioning.

I want adu.

Time to fire bradley.
mad.gif

Amaru:

I think your right. Let fire Bradley. dude will never take us to the next level. Bring on Jurgen.

That didn't warrant a card. Again we start playing better, cant catch a break.

Maybe we score on penalty.

WOW, what a goal!!! Thing of beauty... great one-touch passing and a clean finish... can't ask for more...

EDIT ~ Time to put in Pato and let him run wild...

Just saw the replay... wreckless challenge... late, studs up... justified red...

Back
Top Bottom