Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Jesus Christ this movie sucked so bad. I'm angry at myself for not walking out halfway through and asking for my money back.

Tony Jaa was tight.

Lucas Black hair line before and after tho lol.

Nice Hector (mexixan gangster in every movie) cameo.

Where was Ja Rule at?

Hobbs always at the right time and the right place lol.

Jasmines missles!!!

As expected, so many unrealistic things happened in this movie but we're just supposed to believe Dom was suddenly drifting Chargers in a Tokyo Parking lot but couldn't show that? :lol:

Last edited:
Was hoping they'd show the drift show down but I still liked the movie. Got teary at the end. That white supra tho >>>> wish Paul never passed away. Movie would've bedn different

I enjoyed 5 and 6, but this one was just ok.

No one else besides Dom really got to shine
Action scenes were a bit over the top.

5 is definitely the best. Brought everyone together nicely and everyone had a part where they stood out.

Just got home from it. Might as well be an Avengers movie with the ridiculousness, but I loved it 
laugh.gif

Really wasn't crazy about this one at all. Just way too over the top, and Tyrese was unbearable.
If it wasn't a Fast & Furious movie it would have been terrible.

Really wasn't crazy about this one at all. Just way too over the top, and Tyrese was unbearable.
If it wasn't a Fast & Furious movie it would have been terrible.

I actually agree to me this one was MAYBE better than 4 not touching 5 or 6.
I was tellin my wife that ALOT of it felt forced( i completely understand why) but i'd rather them end the franchise here. The ending/tribute was great(and very raw, that shot of michelle rodriguez had me :frown:)
but as far as it's rank in the series, it wasn't that good.
LOL why all the hate on 6 anyways??
- tyrese and han getting their ***** whooped was :lol:
-the rock beating the crap out of that dude in the beginning
-"believe me the last damn place I wanna be right now is on your doorstep selling girl scout cookies"
- Tyrese giving those chicks on the jet vouchers to the buffet
- tank scene
- never ending runway
-gina carano fight was waaay better than the roussey fight

7 tried too hard to sendoff Brian but at the same time keep everything that made these movies what it was, the script was lacking(def in the one liners department) They leaned too heavily on Tyrese and everyone else was just going through the motions(again I get why) I even read they reshot that funeral sequence and the grave that is letty's in the film is actually PW's in real life.

All in all i feel that this hollywood experiment of the future didn't really work. I think the scenes with Paul would've worked better had they just showed the brothers faces and not tried quick edits and CGI. It could've been handled like heath ledgers final performance in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

they gonna have to build up the roster again anyways if they make another one, and they obviously aint bringing back those spanish dudes, han and giselle are gone, the rock isn;t even part of the crew.
this should be the last one

just my 2 cents

This series has had ridiculous moments since Fast 4 at least from what I remember. Ya'll need to be off that by now. They not pretending as if any of this is possible.

This isn't the end, the farewell to Paul was all class! There's an addition to the team ludicris gonna have a shorty now, Shaws brother is still in the hospital so he's probably gonna break his big brother out. The white boy in Tokyo can still add to the series. Why would you stop such a profitable franchise?

they will def make another one, right now I don't want that but in a couple years that will change

Kurt Russell is def. going to play a bigger role in Fast 8

They have upped the star power in every movie since 4 who they gonna add now? After Statham you gotta go big with the nexr villain

Best fight of the film?

for me it was the Rock vs Jason Statham. Brute strength vs speed and precision is always fun to watch

Other thoughts on the fighting sequences:

- Tony Jaa should’ve had more fight sequences. I’m glad he and Paul Walker got to “rematch” in the movie but I wish their fight had been longer.

- No armbar from Ronda?

- No jiu jitsu from Paul? He was attacking from guard in the 2nd and 4th movie; why not showcase some more?

- When did Ludacris study wing chun? Not mad at all.

Back
Top Bottom