Fabolous used to be my favorite rapper.

i gotta agree with a lot of the stuff posted in here...i feel the same way about fab(nh)

I Dont Even Check For This Dude No More
tired.gif
....Most Disappointing ArtistEver

old fab>new fab just because the hunger really isn't there anymore

i honestly just think dude is content where he's at and thats cool i guess i can't knock the man but at the same time imagine if he would get on hisgrind like wayne did ah few years back..dropping mixtapes damn near every month and being featured on everybodys track...if fab could do that then think of howmuch more successful he could be! fab is my fav artist not named hov but even i see dude is wasting his talent
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i honestly just think dude is content where he's at and thats cool i guess i can't knock the man but at the same time imagine if he would get on his grind like wayne did ah few years back..dropping mixtapes damn near every month and being featured on everybodys track...if fab could do that then think of how much more successful he could be! fab is my fav artist not named hov but even i see dude is wasting his talent
smh.gif
I disagree with this very much.. When an artist over exposes himself his talent suffers.. Case #1 Freeway ; he dropped a heap load of mixtapestuff between Free At Last and Philly Freeway 2.. All of the mixtape stuff was crazy
pimp.gif
and by the time his album came out it was lack luster.. It was good but the mixtape stuff was way better... Same as Wayne.. When you are heardconstantly, people will start to hate you more and more and after a year or so of 100+ tracks, Fab's rhymes will be lackluster (like Wayne) and his albumwill be mediocre/average. You will hear all the punchlines and verses from that person then they will not have it anymore, it will just be the same recycledverse over and over again.. If you listen to Wayne the drop off from Carter 2 to Carter 3 to now is HUGE.

I think he has found a great balance for him and where he is at now is the best he will ever get in terms of exposure and talent.

the original version of throw it in the bag is one of the awfulest songs ive heard in years...the remix is ill tho...from what ive seen and heard def jam hasalot to do with the trashery forced upon formerly hardcore NY artists (Jada, Fab, Nas)

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

g-h-e-t-t-o > loso

qft

Originally Posted by Essential1

i honestly just think dude is content where he's at and thats cool i guess i can't knock the man but at the same time imagine if he would get on his
grind like wayne did ah few years back..dropping mixtapes damn near every month and being featured on everybodys track...if fab could do that then think of how
much more successful he could be! fab is my fav artist not named hov but even i see dude is wasting his talent
smh.gif
I disagree with this very much.. When an artist over exposes himself his talent suffers.. Case #1 Freeway ; he dropped a heap load of mixtape stuff between Free At Last and Philly Freeway 2.. All of the mixtape stuff was crazy
pimp.gif
and by the time his album came out it was lack luster.. It was good but the mixtape stuff was way better... Same as Wayne.. When you are heard constantly, people will start to hate you more and more and after a year or so of 100+ tracks, Fab's rhymes will be lackluster (like Wayne) and his album will be mediocre/average. You will hear all the punchlines and verses from that person then they will not have it anymore, it will just be the same recycled verse over and over again.. If you listen to Wayne the drop off from Carter 2 to Carter 3 to now is HUGE.

I think he has found a great balance for him and where he is at now is the best he will ever get in terms of exposure and talent.

yea i feel you but they at least built a buzz for the album...dude shoulda dropped TINC2 before the album imo...i don't get why rappers are releasingmixtapes after they release their album (cam and fab)...isn't the whole idea of a mixtape to build anticipation for the upcoming album release? IF fabreleases TINC2 in may he gains a buzz then jumps on some remixes/freestyles and i guarantee he sells more than 90k the first week....and even tho we are in atime where going gold is very very good i think dude is content with ONLY selling 500,000k like come on bruh you better than that....

Dathbgboy wrote:
However, he and Jada are the T-Macs of rap. U kept waitin for em to switch to the next gear, yet they never did. It's like waitin for Winky Wright knockout

Very on point analogy

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

banks is better than fab....

Yes sir you couldn't be more correct, but loso is pretty tight also he did flop a bit but he came back hard on loso's way, he just doesn't seem tohave the same flow as in 2001 but he still got them punchlines

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I've always liked Fab's flow, but I don't understand how he could be anyone's "favorite" rapper.

Because I can relate to him more than say a..... Styles P. Pulling females, dressing fly, enjoying my life... living Ghetto Fabolous.

Originally Posted by Essential1

i honestly just think dude is content where he's at and thats cool i guess i can't knock the man but at the same time imagine if he would get on his
grind like wayne did ah few years back..dropping mixtapes damn near every month and being featured on everybodys track...if fab could do that then think of how
much more successful he could be! fab is my fav artist not named hov but even i see dude is wasting his talent
smh.gif
I disagree with this very much.. When an artist over exposes himself his talent suffers.. Case #1 Freeway ; he dropped a heap load of mixtape stuff between Free At Last and Philly Freeway 2.. All of the mixtape stuff was crazy
pimp.gif
and by the time his album came out it was lack luster.. It was good but the mixtape stuff was way better... Same as Wayne.. When you are heard constantly, people will start to hate you more and more and after a year or so of 100+ tracks, Fab's rhymes will be lackluster (like Wayne) and his album will be mediocre/average. You will hear all the punchlines and verses from that person then they will not have it anymore, it will just be the same recycled verse over and over again.. If you listen to Wayne the drop off from Carter 2 to Carter 3 to now is HUGE.

yea i feel you but they at least built a buzz for the album...dude shoulda dropped TINC2 before the album imo...i don't get why rappers are releasing mixtapes after they release their album (cam and fab)...isn't the whole idea of a mixtape to build anticipation for the upcoming album release? IF fab releases TINC2 in may he gains a buzz then jumps on some remixes/freestyles and i guarantee he sells more than 90k the first week....and even tho we are in a time where going gold is very very good i think dude is content with ONLY selling 500,000k like come on bruh you better than that....
I agree with you here though. He should have dropped Throw It In the Bag a month earlier than he did, and got the 2nd video two weeks before thealbum dropped, maybe even a "Street Video" for I'mma Do It and definitely released TINC2 before the album, he would have probably double hissales.

Back
Top Bottom