F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Prob needed to double check to make sure because that's a big call

Ocon got his pretty quickly in Bahrain for serving 4.99 seconds, and when I was watching Alonso's stop it looked pretty obvious that the rear jack man was jumping the gun, so they probably could have made the decision even sooner this time

Happy for Checo and bummer about that penalty for Alonso.

Crazy how Max just made his way up the field to get 2nd. They’re just so far ahead of every other team right now it’s not even close.

wow...werent they saying it was likely 5 sec during the race?
Just like last race for Ocon, the original penalty was 5s. But because, in both instances, mechanics had touched the car before the 5s was over, it basically meant that they didn't serve the penalty properly. During a race, I think the rule is that you have to serve your penalty at the next pitstop... so it essentially meant that Nando didn't serve his penalty during the race. That, in itself, is a penalty... and the punishment for that is 10s.

I hope that makes sense.

Just like last race for Ocon, the original penalty was 5s. But because, in both instances, mechanics had touched the car before the 5s was over, it basically meant that they didn't serve the penalty properly. During a race, I think the rule is that you have to serve your penalty at the next pitstop... so it essentially meant that Nando didn't serve his penalty during the race. That, in itself, is a penalty... and the punishment for that is 10s.

I hope that makes sense.

ahh i see. thanks!

Hold all tickets.

Nando deserved that P3, but what a damn mess this is.
FrncJNhWYAYcM0P

Last edited:
The FIA is absolute TRASH!

Not the worst weekend for Merc considering how slow they looked in practice and quali. Need that update ASAP.

The redbull is ridiculous. Even with DRS, Nando could not catch Max on the straight. Makes no sense how fast that car is. Good for Checo for getting that W. Max really wanted that fastest lap point tho :lol:

Heads gotta roll if McLaren can't compete for points this year. They have no excuse to be this deplorable.

Overall, boring race for the most part. Drivers were complaining about sliding behind others. These regulations might not be all they were cracked up to be.

Happy Fernando got to keep 3rd.

Kinda testy early in the season with RBR giving Max team orders re fastest lap,
obviously he decides to not follow that and steals it from Checo.

Could be a fun season if Checo is able to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom