F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Cannot wait to watch the Schumi doc!
Me and wifey are new fans and are completely addicted! Went to our very first GP this weekend in Monza and it was everything and more than we expected it to be. An u forgettable time we’ll always cherish. Bottas absolutely DOMINATED.
We made a mini movie for our family and friends that couldn’t come due to the pandie, figured I’d share it here for those that couldn’t either. Chill vibes and screaming engines.

parabolica seats 21B!!! We literally get goosebumps rewatching and editing the vid. What a time!!!!!

very curious to know what you guys’ firstGP experience was as well? Mega noob here but uber passionate.
Much love NT fam!
(Lewis prayer hands) 🙏🏽

1631459364267.png

:lol:
What a KING. Bottas going for revenge next season on everybody.

Utter BS btw. Are they all blind? I get that Max was at fault as well but man... what about giving him 10secs instead?

Since his race ended cuz of the crash, any potential penalty would have to be applied to the next race, which, in this case, was a grid-drop. You can't put a time penalty on a race that hasn't started. Had Max been able to continue after that crash, then they could have given him a time pen.

Most of the drivers they've spoken to (past and present) felt that it was a racing incident, a while few thought it was Max's fault.

very curious to know what you guys’ firstGP experience was as well? Mega noob here but uber passionate.

My first GP was the 2001 Malaysian GP. Obvs, it was a lot different back then as there was basically no fan-engagement or social media. But hey, at least we got the V10s! The noise literally hurt. You simply couldn't watch without ear plugs... especially when 20 cars were going flatout. It's so much nicer being a fan nowadays though.

Where do you guys live? Made the trip all the way to Italy?!

Since his race ended cuz of the crash, any potential penalty would have to be applied to the next race, which, in this case, was a grid-drop. You can't put a time penalty on a race that hasn't started. Had Max been able to continue after that crash, then they could have given him a time pen.

Most of the drivers they've spoken to (past and present) felt that it was a racing incident, a while few thought it was Max's fault.

My first GP was the 2001 Malaysian GP. Obvs, it was a lot different back then as there was basically no fan-engagement or social media. But hey, at least we got the V10s! The noise literally hurt. You simply couldn't watch without ear plugs... especially when 20 cars were going flatout. It's so much nicer being a fan nowadays though.

Where do you guys live? Made the trip all the way to Italy?!
Ok noted on the technicalities. I guess you can go either way and it’s the right call. I’m not even surprised that Lewis basically got nothing slapped on him. Is there such a thing as a superstar call in F1? This seems like that’s the case maybe?

01 Malaysia had to google that. Sin, what raincoat were you rocking that weekend? ⛈
Schumi win too! Wow, definitely jelly with the V10s my god, mythical at this point. I cant even imagine what it would be like irl. Literally you can’t watch them without earplugs?? Jeez

We lived in Toronto but had moved out prior to our Eurotrip, we planned our Milan leg even before the tickets went on sale. Really happy we were able to go, wifey is a DR fan and that was wild. Max fans were ROWDY! Beer in hand, heckling everybody. They were nice and fun but they’re definitely a presence. 🤣

I wouldn't say there are "superstar calls"... but perhaps some drivers may get the benefit of a doubt on certain judgement calls. With that said, I think the problem with some stewards' decisions is that they can sometimes be a bit inconsistent. But I guess that could be said for a lot of sports officiating.

Oh, my bad! It was the 2000 Malaysian GP! Dunno why I remembered it as '01... but it was definitely a dry race! Hot AF, as usual!
Really the sound of F1 cars (prior to the Hybrid-Era) was the sound. That's the first thing that hits you... the first thing that shocks you... cuz it's so loud. My 2nd race was the 2004 Chinese GP, which was during the V8-era. Those engines had a different sound to them, but were equally ear-piercing loud. I've never heard the current hybrid v6 engines IRL, but I imagine the sound the be relatively uninspiring. It's a shame F1's lost that aural wow-factor.

I just finished watching your Vlog and it seemed like you guys had a blast! What a first race to attend, especially since your wife is a Daniel fan!

Inconsistency is part of it I guess. Like any sport, officiating Harden vs officiating Dame. Never the same I guess..

Damn!!!! What a time! Must have been like watching Mike fly. Wow. The thought of a V10 blows my mind tbh, the cars these days are okay without plugs even by the fence. Since i have no reference I still felt that it was something crazy. But to your point, it didnt blow me away although my jaws were on the grass the first two days. Day 3 it felt normalish. This is probably why Max wants the bigger engines back! That iconic growl. Max is definitely that guy. i’m glad I get to watch him go wild out for more seasons to come.

where do you live now Sin?

oh damn glad you finished the mini movie 🤣 my only fear is that ppl will chune out but I tried my best to edit it raw and share the vibes to the viewer 😁

Inconsistency is part of it I guess. Like any sport, officiating Harden vs officiating Dame. Never the same I guess..

Damn!!!! What a time! Must have been like watching Mike fly. Wow. The thought of a V10 blows my mind tbh, the cars these days are okay without plugs even by the fence. Since i have no reference I still felt that it was something crazy. But to your point, it didnt blow me away although my jaws were on the grass the first two days. Day 3 it felt normalish. This is probably why Max wants the bigger engines back! That iconic growl. Max is definitely that guy. i’m glad I get to watch him go wild out for more seasons to come.

where do you live now Sin?

oh damn glad you finished the mini movie 🤣 my only fear is that ppl will chune out but I tried my best to edit it raw and share the vibes to the viewer 😁

I live in HK.

To be fair, the stewarding used to be worse... more inconsistent. It's improved, but obvs still not perfect.

From where you guys sat, I'd say with 100% certainty, you would have needed ear plugs for the V10/V8's or risk permanent hearing damage. And it's not just Max. All the drivers want loud, screaming engines. You can say how much more efficient and powerful the V6 hybrids are right now, but you just don't get that spine-tingling feeling.

And Monza-town looked every bit how I imagined it would look like!

I live in HK.

To be fair, the stewarding used to be worse... more inconsistent. It's improved, but obvs still not perfect.

From where you guys sat, I'd say with 100% certainty, you would have needed ear plugs for the V10/V8's or risk permanent hearing damage. And it's not just Max. All the drivers want loud, screaming engines. You can say how much more efficient and powerful the V6 hybrids are right now, but you just don't get that spine-tingling feeling.

And Monza-town looked every bit how I imagined it would look like!
Man seems like a V10 experience is a must try. I wonder if we’ll ever get a retro race of some sort kinda like an all star game but big engine cars. I saw that time Mick drove his dad’s car, that looked like a lot of fun. Maybe put a halo first tho

will u check out the SG race? Or Japan? I’m trying to go visit both next season with the fam(f you covid) and friends.beer on me if u there!

man... Monza was a movie set. I’m so glad I’m into this world now. Wifey is a maniac! She dont know nba rules or nothin. Now she analyzing F1 **** like a gambler or sum 🤣

Man seems like a V10 experience is a must try. I wonder if we’ll ever get a retro race of some sort kinda like an all star game but big engine cars. I saw that time Mick drove his dad’s car, that looked like a lot of fun. Maybe put a halo first tho

will u check out the SG race? Or Japan? I’m trying to go visit both next season with the fam(f you covid) and friends.beer on me if u there!

man... Monza was a movie set. I’m so glad I’m into this world now. Wifey is a maniac! She dont know nba rules or nothin. Now she analyzing F1 **** like a gambler or sum 🤣

The only chance we'd get to hear V10's or V8's run again will be at demos or Goodwood FOS. I doubt we'll ever see a full grid of them.

The SG or JPN GP would be cool, but given the current environment, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So when you say your wife is now analysing F1... do you mean she looks at all their Free Practice runs an analyzes all the lap times and fuel-loads? Cuz that's what gamblers probably do! 😆 Nowadays, I can't watch F1 without my timing screen. Hell, I can't watch any session without my timing screen. I feel so lost without it.

The only chance we'd get to hear V10's or V8's run again will be at demos or Goodwood FOS. I doubt we'll ever see a full grid of them.

The SG or JPN GP would be cool, but given the current environment, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So when you say your wife is now analysing F1... do you mean she looks at all their Free Practice runs an analyzes all the lap times and fuel-loads? Cuz that's what gamblers probably do! 😆 Nowadays, I can't watch F1 without my timing screen. Hell, I can't watch any session without my timing screen. I feel so lost without it.
Oh she’s definitely watching the FPs closely. No timing screens for her... yet. But she’e definitely doing her best to nerd out. And I repeat, she never watches any sport of any kind let alone pay any type of attention. I have to admit the interviews are her specialty. The drama.

proud of her 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

yo I was praying Japan would be a lot better by next fall. Guess we’ll see. Friends and family ready to go.

hoping for a Lord Bottas weekend! Much needed.

Watched the Schumi doc. His wife is the real MVP.

Michael was a super cocky dude tho. He couldn't recall a time that he was ever wrong about anything :lol:

Intentionally crashing into Hill for his first championship was ****** up tho. It would have been on sight from then on. Every time.

Thinking about going to Miami or Austin next year depending on Covid.

^ Yeah, that Schumi doc was pretty fascinating. I mean, having watched him in his prime, I knew what he was like, but to see the "other" side of him was pretty cool... like him dancing and singing with DC. I guess it's that "champion's mentality" and whatnot. Doing whatever it takes to win at all costs. He, as well as Senna, was ruthless. He almost put Ralf in the wall once.

Oh she’s definitely watching the FPs closely. No timing screens for her... yet. But she’e definitely doing her best to nerd out. And I repeat, she never watches any sport of any kind let alone pay any type of attention. I have to admit the interviews are her specialty. The drama.

proud of her 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

yo I was praying Japan would be a lot better by next fall. Guess we’ll see. Friends and family ready to go.

hoping for a Lord Bottas weekend! Much needed.
It's awesome to see that she's so into it! Though I prefer the sporting side of it more (laptimes, performance, upgrades, etc), I also enjoy the different personalities, the drama and the camaraderie of all the drivers. If anything, I think DTS has made it too much about the drama and personalities. Like the radio messages from last season... they were intentionally rearranged or taken out of context to make things more juicy.

Back
Top Bottom